+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rethink Forgiveness!!!!

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Rethink Forgiveness!!!!

Ok I have one about apologizing here and its doing great so I decided to go for the other end of it. The actual acceptance of an apology. See if you agree with the below article.

More often than not clients wanting to improve their relationship skills at some point had to realize the importance of personal and interpersonal forgiveness to their well-being and overall happiness. The truth is that all of us have transgressed or acted in a way that brought about a negative impact on our self or someone else. So from this perspective, none of us is without the need for forgiveness, and each of us will encounter the opportunity to grant forgiveness. With that in mind, here are some important benefits associated with practicing forgiveness.

1. Good physical health. If you aren’t aware, there are numerous studies on the positive impact forgiveness has on your physical health. Some of these include lower blood pressure, a healthy heart rate, and a stronger immune system.

2. Avoid negative, nonproductive thought cycle. Unforgiveness often triggers a ruthless cycle of negative thoughts and anger. Forgiveness keeps your ability to experience other emotions commonly associated with being offended and hurt unblocked.

3. Great energy and awareness. It takes a lot of energy away from you to hold a grudge, and having to be vigilant of someone else’s behavior diminishes your ability to be alert and aware.

4. Protect your freedom and ability to trust. Unforgiveness makes you the victim and keeps you a victim of a wrong. Forgiving keeps you free and able to trust. This is essential for relating well. See number five below.

5. Avoid excess baggage in your relationships. If you’ve ever dated someone with unresolved issues from a previous relationship you know the problems encountered in trying to build a relationship with people like this. It’s tough! Relating well means taking care of issues as they arise. Unforgiveness prevents you from accomplishing this important work.

6. Encourages your growth and development. The amazing outcome of forgiveness is the impact it can have on your personal growth as a person. It takes work to successfully resolve a situation. It stretches you as you are tested in your core beliefs and attitudes.

Studies with victims of crimes have shown that focusing on the benefits of forgiving for themselves helped them to actually forgive their offenders. So, consider the benefits of forgiving to your health and wellbeing now and in the future—and make an effort to work through issues that you have not forgiven!
    How do you guys feel about forgiving people? Do you think that you should hold grudges and what not? Lets hear it!

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rethink Forgiveness!!!!

i dont know it just depend on what the other person did i mean i know im not perfect but sometimes i just cant let go i guess i still have grudges from years ago and i really cant let them go. it all just depend on the sole person themselves i guess and the whole situation.
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blackrose92 For This Useful Post:

NevesElocin (Apr 02, 2009)

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

I will say that depending on the situation and how much it hurt I can hold a serious grudge as well. But those grudges are destructive to me and leads me to wanting revenge and revenge is never the right path. Thanks rose.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

yea know problem trust me i went down the same path for revenge many times and i actually had FUN doing it but then when it was all over friendships were broken not because they found out what i had done (that it was actually me) but becuase i couldnt live with that in myself to know that i ruined what was really precious to them (they still didnt know it was me) and smile in their face. i would be a total hypocrite lol thats what sucks about life sometimes. you only get one. and in some situations you only get one chance
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Depending on what or who i am mad at contributes to how fast i forgive them.Also who they hurt, how and why adds to it allot to. But most of the time i can forgive easily, other times i will hold a grudge and make sure they get the point and never do it again.

Anyway before i go off on rant on that >.> about the article. I agree with most of them tho its not so easy if you been hurt and you forgive and you get hurt again.But if most followed that list they would defiantly better them selfs in the long run.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Well somethings will keep on bother you no matter what, if can't get an apologize, or if you can't apologize to someone else, even if might seem like a small think to you, it might be more important to the other person....

But still some people won't accept an apologize, what can you do then?? But if you feel bad about something you should try and apologize, or if it's the other way around you could ask for one instead, if you can't wait, cause maybe she/he will never apologize

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

truthfully, grudges only hurt more people. Including yourself.

"Anger is like a hot stone, You grasp it to try to throw it at someone else, but in the end, you get burned most"-Buddha

But you have to be sure to completely, truly forgive someone, or it will still eat you up inside

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

This may be random, but I am not a forgiving person, and I rarly ever get sick. Really. Now I know when to say sorry when it's my doing, and its up to them if they want to forgive me or not. I am not going to grope all over it. I did what I did. I can't make people like me. Second. I don't know about you, but I love being angry. I feel like I am finally thinking right. No longer silly feelings getting in the way of the matter. I find that when I am upset I do better on test. The only thing that annoys me about Forgiveness, is people are always taking it for granted. Emotional Baggage? Are we talking about a women with 3 kids, single and trying to get back in the game?

I have you know not forgiving people makes it real easy for me to be selective to those I really want to get to know, and those I know will only cause me drama in my future.

I feel forgiviness is for those that know they were wrong and are up to say sorry. If not why put your heart in someone to self centered. I give up on people all the time. I don't believe I am the one suffering. How can I?I got a loving family. Thats the kinda love that makes me automaticly forgive. It comes natually, but I can hold a grudges for a very very long time, and still go on smiling and making people laugh, but let that grudge walk into the room. Everyone will see a different side to me. I avoid all that have crossed me wrong in life. It's kinda like my new start. People are like "I've never seen that side to you" I am like "You never crossed me.

Why would I want to deal with someone every day of my life that I won't forgive. It's silly.

Growth and Development is knowing better! We got this thing called a intuition. It hasn't failed me yet.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast