+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Cooking Thread!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Return of the Cooking Thread!

For those of you that dont remember (or wheren't around, lol) there was once a Cooking thread, and it was very successful. We shared recipies, and talked about what our favorite things to cook where... So i was thinking we could do it again!

Post your favorite thing to cook, favorite brand of cookware, or request help on something you can't get quite right. Let's see how far this one gets!

as for me, i found out the other day that I suck at cooking Beef Stew. i couldnt get it to thicken up... i ended up putting a lot of flour in it, and was not too good...lol

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Return of the Cooking Thread!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now the method that I use to thicken a Beef stew is to toss a potato into the Microwave oven for a few minutes, mash it up (discarding the skin) and stirring the mashed pulp into the stew, then let it cook for awhile... Instant (dry flaked) mashed potato also works well...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

heres some of my Italian roots:
    (women love this when i make it for them)

Look Good? Want to make it? i'll tell you how:

1 (4 Pound) Pork Butt

1 1/2 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds

6 Cloves Garlic, Peeled

3 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Rosemary

Salt & Pepper

1/2 Cup Red Wine

12 Ounces Sliced Pancetta

12 Crusty Italian Rolls

Toppings (Optional):

Spicy Marinated Peppers

Fried Sliced Onions

Either butterfly the pork yourself, or ask your butcher to do it for you. The pork roast when open should be a rectangle no more than 1 inch thick. Place the fennel, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, wine, and pancetta in a food processor and pulse until well mixed. Spread the pancetta mixture evenly over the opened pork butt. Roll the pork up firmly, and tie with kitchen twine in four places to hold the pork together. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator for 12 hours or up to two days

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

ApplePiKing (Apr 01, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now the method that I use to thicken a Beef stew is to toss a potato into the Microwave oven for a few minutes, mash it up (discarding the skin) and stirring the mashed pulp into the stew, then let it cook for awhile... Instant (dry flaked) mashed potato also works well...
    I'll have to give that a try, thanks!

seems the thread is getting off on a solid start!

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

I made this last night.

Apple Walnut Crisp

* 3 pounds tart apples
    * 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    * 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    * 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    * 1/3 cup granulated sugar
    * 1/3 cup rolled oats
    * 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
    * 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

First you'll need to peel, core and chop the apples. Throw them in a bowl and add the lemon juice. In a separate bowl, combine the nutmeg, cinnamon, and brown sugar; add to the apples and stir. In another bowl combine the oats, flour, and sugar. Cut the butter into eight small pieces; mix the butter and flour with a pastry blender, or by using two forks until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the chopped nuts. Butter a 9 inch square baking dish. Spread apple mixture in the bottom of baking dish and sprinkle flour mixture on top. Bake at 375° for 30 - 45 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature. Can be served with vanilla ice cream or a little heavy cream, if desired.

Instead of getting fresh apples you can use canned ones and they taste just as good.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NevesElocin For This Useful Post:

ApplePiKing (Apr 01, 2009)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I have rather enjoyed building pizza's as of late, my favorite result I have already posted in the "What ... on your pizza" thread.

And I don't think I should give away anymore "Recipes" for building pizza, because what is so therapeutic about pizza building is going with you're own flow.

I think my next endeavor will be a desert pizza, with fruit and some type of mild exotic, creamy cheeses? Maybe using some sweetened cream cheese as a "sauce"? Yeah, I'll have to do some more research on that concept, and when I attempt it I will let ya know if it flops or flies.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    I have rather enjoyed building pizza's as of late, my favorite result I have already posted in the "What ... on your pizza" thread..
    lol i like CiCi's Mac&Cheese pizza

Another thing I plan to make is Chicken Cordon Bleu. but what cheese should I use? Swiss?

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

OMG SQUEEEEE. -Makes note to keep watching this page- xD Lovely lovely foods for cooking~! Yay! ^_^ The stuff so far looks so yummy and interesting too. <3 Might even put up my own stuff sometime, maybe... hmmm.... > : I -Plots-

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast