+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Cooking Thread!

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Re: Return of the Cooking Thread!

Very useful thread. Especially for someone like me, who should be starting to cook a bit by now.
    By the way, Personal Trainer: Cooking for Ds can be a very useful addition for cooking sometimes. I already cooked something after a recipe. It worked quite well actually. It was edible. xD
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Admin Cowboy Bebop is off to a good start Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone interested in sharing recipes should send me a PM. We have a relationship with the owners of MadameDaily.com and they are looking for recipes to add to their cooking section. I also wouldn't mind seeing a cooking thread on AO....especially if the recipe has a cool Anime name

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, I plan on making Chicken Parmesan tonight (I know, random thing to have on a Monday... lol) Will it till be ok without Mozzerella cheese? i cant really afford to buy some.

Thanks, Cowboy Bebop! as of no, i personally dont really have many unique recipies, but if I ever stumble upon something good, I'll let you know..

Actually, I made some awesome pancakes that didnt need syryp or butter or anything. as soon as I remember the correct ingredient ratio ( I just threw things in untill I got it right) I'll let you guys know.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I like to make lasagna, a lot. I also looove to make roast with veggies, steak and caramel rolls!

I love to cook though so my favorite thing to do on the net is look for new recipies and food and such.

I'm fond of lisa-ray's cookware. Her oval pots are perfect for pasta. Oh how I wish I owned one of those.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    I like to make lasagna, a lot. I also looove to make roast with veggies, steak and caramel rolls!
    Sounds good! I like a roast like that!

I kinda threw my recipie to the wind for my Chicken Parmesan. I dont really know if you could call it that anymore...

anyway, I mixed Parmesan, Bread Crumbs, Italian seasoning, a little bit of salt, ant a little pepper in a bowl. after i let the chicken soak for a bit in milk, I rolled the breasts in the crumbs, then baked them. then I served them on spaghetti, and topped with some Tomato sauce and Mozzerella (i had gotten my hands on some by then) Turned out pretty good, too.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    Sounds good! I like a roast like that!

I kinda threw my recipie to the wind for my Chicken Parmesan. I dont really know if you could call it that anymore...

anyway, I mixed Parmesan, Bread Crumbs, Italian seasoning, a little bit of salt, ant a little pepper in a bowl. after i let the chicken soak for a bit in milk, I rolled the breasts in the crumbs, then baked them. then I served them on spaghetti, and topped with some Tomato sauce and Mozzerella (i had gotten my hands on some by then) Turned out pretty good, too.
    That sounds pretty darn tasty let me tell you. I love chicken, I love pasta, and I definitely love me some cheese. LOL

I think the best thing that I cook is probably roast and potatoes though.

I make pretty great stirfry too though. I need to find more spicy recipies though for things. I LOVE spicy food.

OH ANd I totally totally suck at cooking rice. It is the bane of my chefs existence. (I intend one day to attend culinary school. Hope they can teach me to do it better. LOL)

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Newbie ApplePiKing is off to a good start ApplePiKing's Avatar
    Thanks

Here are 2 microwaveable foods.
    1. Mug Brownie
    *4 Tablespoons Flour
    *4 Tablespoons Sugar
    *2 Tablespoons Cocoa powder (Note: don't use cocoa mix or quik, it shouldn't have any sugar)
    *2 Tablepsoons Vegetable Oil (Don't use one with a strong flavor, eg olive, sesame, etc)
    *2 Tablespoons Water
    *Dash of salt
    *Mug
    *Microwave
    1. Add the sugar, flour, cocoa, and salt to the mug and mix. Then add the oil and water and mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Be sure to be thorough, there's a tendency for clumps of the dry ingredients to form.
    2.Microwave on high for roughly a minute. You may have to microwave it longer or shorter, depending on your microwave, but the brownie should still be wet in the center when done.

2. 5-minute Chocolate Cake
    * microwave!
    o coffee mug
    o 4 tablespoons flour
    o 4 tablespoons sugar
    o 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
    o 1 egg
    o 3 tablespoons milk
    o 3 tablespoons oil
    o 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
    o splash vanilla or other flavoring - try peppermint or cinnamon!
    1.# Add all of the dry ingredients to the mug and mix.
    # Add the egg and combine well. It gets pretty pasty at the point.
    # Stir in milk and oil.
    # Add chocolate chips* and splash of vanilla. Stir well.
    2.Microwave for 3 minutes in a 1000w oven, or 4 minutes in a 700w oven.
    (It will start to crown over the top of the mug. Don't panic! It will collapse once the heat stops)

Thats it & yet i think i will add more later though.
    pic 1 is the brownie, pic 2 is the cake

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Cream Cheese Brownie Pie

1 (15 ounce) box Pillsbury(R) refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    3 tablespoons sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    3 eggs
    1 (15.1 ounce) box Pillsbury(R) fudge supreme hot fudge swirl premium brownie mix
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons water
    1/2 cup chopped pecans

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
    In medium bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 of the eggs on medium speed until smooth; set aside.
    Reserve hot fudge packet from brownie mix for topping. In large bowl, beat brownie mix, oil, 1 tablespoon of the water and remaining 2 eggs 50 strokes with spoon.
    Spread 1/2 cup brownie mixture in bottom of crust-lined pan. Spoon and carefully spread cream cheese mixture over brownie layer. Top with remaining brownie mixture; spread evenly. Sprinkle with pecans.
    Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until center is puffed and crust is golden brown. After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning (pie may have cracks on surface).
    In small microwavable bowl, microwave hot fudge from packet on High 30 seconds. Stir in remaining tablespoon water. Drizzle fudge over top of pie. Cool completely, about 3 hours. Store in refrigerator.
    Yield: 8 servings

This is an unbelievable recipe I just got a chance to try. I made it with tacos lol.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NevesElocin For This Useful Post:

ApplePiKing (Apr 01, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast