+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riddle unsolved,

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Riddle unsolved,

Hello everyone, sorry to the mods if I am posting this in the wrong spot, I was chatting with my friend the other day, and we were telling each other riddles, well actually he was telling us them, anyways to my point, in one of Steven Kings books, (wizzard and glass) there is a riddle that is unsolved, we would like to know what you guys might think the answer is. well here it is
    I occur once every minute, and twice every moment, but not once in 100,000 years what am I?
    The closest thing anyone has come up with so far is the letter "m" because there is one in minute, two in moment, but none in 100,000 years. however I do not know the answer to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Ichigo_06; Feb 29, 2008 at 08:36 AM.
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Riddle unsolved,

one hundred thousand years? hmm "m" is the obviouse choice but it could be somthing else , maybe it could be some kind of action, sorry I don't know. maybe "m" is the answer
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I was thinking something along the lines of either time, or astronomy, but this was from a book (the dark tower series 4) that is based on mideval times, I dont know I think it is "m" but who can let me know where I can find the right answer?
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well it could be a wizard like he lives in the medevil times and then transport every second some where in 10000 years to get items maybe its a wizard thats my guess .

Otaku TheLastDarkAngel is off to a good start TheLastDarkAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

i was told that riddle also... one in minuet, two in moment, but none in 100,000 years.
    thats what they said was the answer but who know that could still be wrong^^

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

So are you saying that they said the anwser was 100000 years right or if you arent saying that then tell us what they told you was the answer .

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

The answer is "m"

there is one m in the word "minute"
    two ms in the word "moment"
    and no ms in the usual variant "one thousand years" or "a thousand years" ("one hundred thousand years" in this case)

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

tsurara wins it, i go with that one. but i have an idea! don't close the thread just let people make more riddles that are unsolved. Just a suggestion?

+ Reply to Thread