+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Right or Wrong?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Right or Wrong?

OK there are a lot of things than can be said about this
    but I'm gonna stick with one for now and see what others
    might say anyway to my point there have been many things
    said and done in the name of being right , an example of this would
    saddam Husein we helped him back in the 80's or 90's when he
    had problems with another country ,we were in the right when we
    gave osama the weapons he has now to fight his wars.

now look at it saddam was wrong for doing what we did
    so we took his power from him using the WOMD excuse then we pissed
    osama off interfering in another country's affairs though we saw it as
    the right thing to do. my point is with how everyone see's this or that
    as right or wrong who is to say that we arn't wrong with how we are handling things right now and the other countries are right?.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Right or Wrong?

well this a different matter all that happened was about politics nothing more nothing less ... it's all studied and planed ... or did you think that a war has been over for being right or wrong ... and here the right option for those politics would be the one that bring them benefits and grant them extra merits ... it was never about what's right to do ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

well the people who has the final decision is the government, so they are the ones are that make it right or wrong. I mean we really dont have a say in this at all

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Tom2Ace is off to a good start Tom2Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it was wrong and i think most of england did thats why they wanted to vote for a new primeinister because tony blair knew his time was up soon so he thought he would stick his nose into someone else's buisness i dont this saddam should have been killed nor should he have done what he did but no-one no matter what they do deserves to die

Banned AngelicDemon201092 is off to a good start AngelicDemon201092's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that everyone has their own opinions and no matter what I say will change them because it's right for certain reasons and it's wrong for others.. If I go into why I feel as though it's right and wrong I get the feeling that i'll end up saying i dunno so i'm just going to leave it at umm... both. Is that alright?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    an example of this would
    saddam Husein we helped him back in the 80's or 90's when he
    had problems with another country ,we were in the right when we
    gave osama the weapons he has now to fight his wars.
    Honestly, nothing we've done in this reguard was done "in the right". Our actions in the middle east have always had very clear-cut ulterior motives. If the government indeed believed that we were in the right, they wouldn't have done many of these things covertly... our government would have told us, up front, what they were doing and why.

We came to Hussein's aid to screw over Iran. When Hussein invaded Iran in 1980, the Regan administration provided him with everything they possibly could to "keep Iraq from losing the war." In reality, their goal was the same as it always has been: to gain control over the region's oil. Iran's extremist regime (under Khomeni) was seen as a threat to the stability of the region... particularly Iran's neighbor, Saudi Arabia (the US's primary oil-source in the middle east).

The story with Osama is similar. We didn't give him a damnned thing (not intentionally, anyway). We sold weapons to the Afghan mujahadeen (who at the time, were interested only in repelling Soviet invaders... remember the Cold War?). We had no interest in helping the Afghans repel foreign invaders... we wanted to make sure the Soviet Union didn't expand into the middle east (again---oil).

So if "acting completely selfishly" is "right"... sure. We were in the right. But then again, we're only doing the same now. So by that logic, we're still right. We're just using machiavellian means to achieve our own goals in the region.

+ Reply to Thread