+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rituals, routines, items used before a major event

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Rituals, routines, items used before a major event

So anyone have any rituals, routines, items they do or use before a major event?

Examples:

- Some baseball players put on two pair of socks.
    - Lucky underwears, pennies, rocks, etc. for school tests or competitions.
    - Burn incenses for ancestors before a job interview.
    - Leave the house and head in another direction first.
    - Split 1000 pairs of wooden chopsticks down the middle

Note: Some folks here are too realistic to do these sort of things. So if you don't you should just say you don't and try not to demean others. Thanks.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rituals, routines, items used before a major event

Hmmm....

Whenever I get a Boys' Love Game—or anything related to BL games—, I chant what I'm getting repeatedly, and then I gain lots of energy... People who know me usually know what this means —Christ, another package? Hope it's not kinky...—, though my peers and colleagues... They just stare at me and feel like asking, but never do, what's wrong with me.

I think it's a common ritual among other otaku and such... To basically go nuts over their fandom, you know?
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Before I enter a competition or a tournament for martial arts or any other sports I play.....I always put on a pair of black leather gloves.....I know...it sounds weird.....but somehow they always are able to calm me down....
    And I also never go anywhere without my lucky pirate necklace which I acquired when I was visiting Canada......I call it lucky....because after I bought it.....I almost got into a huge accident........so I consider sort of my lucky charm........
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Ah, good old superstition. I've always found it weird but on the other hand. If that's what you need to put the nerves at rest then by all means do it.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    So anyone have any rituals, routines, items they do or use before a major event?

Examples:

- Some baseball players put on two pair of socks.
    - Lucky underwears, pennies, rocks, etc. for school tests or competitions.
    - Burn incenses for ancestors before a job interview.
    - Leave the house and head in another direction first.
    - Split 1000 pairs of wooden chopsticks down the middle

Note: Some folks here are too realistic to do these sort of things. So if you don't you should just say you don't and try not to demean others. Thanks.
    I was just gonna post a thread asking the same question, but only for video games, LOL.

I have quite a few routines. When I play a fighting game, I have to wipe the controller down, so it's free from oil, grease and such. I don't know why I do it really. I guess it's so I get a better grip, but it's mostly cuz it's just comfortable.

I stretch before I play DDR and I psuedo tap dance on the pad before I put in a credit and start my session. ^_^

When drawing, I crack all of my knuckles and I do a breathing excersice before I get started.

Before bed, I pop every joint in my body just as I hit the sack. (Sometimes it hurts pretty bad, but old habits are hard to break.)

Prior to leaving for work, I play at least three games of any 2-D fighter to motivate me and put me in a decent mood.

I think that's about it. Most routines/rituals I do without even knowing it. Like, my mom pointing out how I sniff my food before I eat (it doesn't matter if is smells tasty or not. I have to smell it. I feel like a dog when someone points it out. LOL.)

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

I have quite a few routines. When I play a fighting game, I have to wipe the controller down, so it's free from oil, grease and such. I don't know why I do it really. I guess it's so I get a better grip, but it's mostly cuz it's just comfortable.
    I do that too :]
    Although I think I only do it becuase I don't trust my brother to wash his hands ..

If i'm ever nervous before I do something I have to clean. Once before I went on holiday [I was nervous about the flight] I cleaned the wholee house. Thats three floors to hoover and polish and I had soo much washing to do. My mum never lifts a finger really..

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

well always before a dance class. I have to get there 30 minutes or more early, and just stretch, sitting in almost the sideways spilts and see how far I can lay my torso on the floor.. to some it may seem weird, but after dancing for 17 years, its a little habit and I can't shake it because its the best stretch in the world.

Yet when I am about to go on stage.. I always seem to jump a lot. Its to help shake my nerves etc.. although I have never mucked up a dance piece while on stage so jumping up and down like a 5 year old must do something right to help.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Ehh for me it's mainly during swimming or before a Video Game match.

Before an event, mine or anyone, basically I yell at them, pumping them up, and as for myself i just whisper oout of place chants, people who DO hear usually go "What the hell are you doing Shane?!"

Me: "STUFF!"

And for video games, I always crack my hands and neck, basically every bone because I get very animated during games.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast