+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rituals, routines, items used before a major event

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rituals, routines, items used before a major event

I dont think i ever did. i think i only got a good nigths rest. Then get really excited in the morning. At least for a sport. For school it never really mattered. XD i knew the stuff i didn't need to prepare.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

um... i don't really have a ritual...

i think the closest thing i got is having to go to the bathroom REALLY BAD before an event; which is followed by feelings of intenses nervousness, upset stomach, jittery-ness and shakinesss...

^_^ and then i feel fine mid way through! oh yeah! there's some pretty intense praying too~!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    um... i don't really have a ritual...

i think the closest thing i got is having to go to the bathroom REALLY BAD before an event; which is followed by feelings of intenses nervousness, upset stomach, jittery-ness and shakinesss...

^_^ and then i feel fine mid way through! oh yeah! there's some pretty intense praying too~!
    Hah, I had that happened to me before. Especially right before a basketball game, I went three times in five minutes, but got there and got nothing.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Rituals, huh?

I would pinch someone's arm really hard. REALLY HARD.

And sceam out loud. I guess. >.>

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ayu View Post
    Rituals, huh?

I would pinch someone's arm really hard. REALLY HARD.

And sceam out loud. I guess. >.>
    As a ritual for... what exactly?

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    As a ritual for... what exactly?
    When I would sing in the stage alone or a group performance.
    Especially if it's a stage play or a dance recital.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a ritual which I do pretty often. It's partly made up by myself and partly by what I've heard.
    Each time I think of something bad I spit (I don't actually spit saliva out, just kinda spit) three times over my left shoulder, it kinda would represent spitting in the face of devil, which is whispering you that bad stuff. This is something I heard from somewhere- somone else might have heard about throwing salt over your left shoulder. And, in case if that doesn't work, I cross my fingers and say to myself: "Everything bad I just thought of won't happen." (Only in Latvian- "viss sliktais, ko es iedomajos nepiepildisies")
    Well I can't tell if it does work, but I deffinetely stop thinking of the bad thing ^^

Also I do this:
    Each time you and a friend of yours say the same thing at the same time, you can touch a piece of black clothe on your friend and say: "My luck." therefore getting the luck, which was indicated by you repeating the same words. And then your friend can touch something black on you and say: "My happiness" therefore getting the happiness.
    I think this was created by people who like to poke other people

Well that's about it. I like only these little rituals you can do anytime. I've read about real... magic rituals and they are far too long and far too complicated for the likes of me ^^

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Here are a few:

* On days when I have academic examinations, before I leave home.. I ask either my mom or my little sister to walk past me, facing me, and look back at me when I exit the main door ~! Or strike a holy bell behind my back while I make myself out of the house. That, I used to do when I was living with my family. And you can also find me doing a 15-30 seconds silent prayer prior to the onset of the actual exam. It's more like a salutation to education, really. Oh yeah, I also carry a mechanical pencil that has been in my possession for 8 years.

* When I play sports, say, baseball, I used to wear this sacred hand-band, a good luck charm, which is kept in a small shrine in my house. And more often than not, provided it's an open-field sport, I rub two of my right-hand fingers, the index finger and the middle finger, on the ground... and caress whatever that is on those fingers to the anterior region of my neck, as a means to show respect to earth. And that I'm with earth, united as an union.

* Every Monday and every other Friday I fast, not for a "major event" or anything, but for personal beliefs. It's an act of prayer, at least to me it is. Fine Print: I have taken the liberty to eat fruits, and drink milk and water on those days.

And here's a "break-up" ritual, if I ever do get dumped by a person to whom I entirely capitulated my deepest love: I will shave my ever so precious hair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast