+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robot Society -- The We're Aiming For

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

Robot Society -- The We're Aiming For

what are your views on living in a robot society...

there has been a lot of talk about orange technology (humanistic technology) and how computerts and robots will soon be fitted to adjust to human life and not the other way around...

what are your thoughts on this?

----------

i am personally scared... i mean having to be dependent on robots on a daily basis (like making your coffee or adjusting the temperature and lighting in your room once oyu enter it) is kind of scary...

kind of like a way to make oyu more dependent on technology. and if a massive virus were to spread where are we to place ourselves?

scary... i'd like ot hear from you before i continue on rambling...
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Newbie kwon is off to a good start kwon's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Robot Society -- The We're Aiming For

I personally find it scary. Technology taking over our lives? That wouldn't be good.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

It's kind of like shooting yourself in the foot, isn't it?
    I mean, when you think about it, we're always trying to be more independent of technology, and yet our dependence on cars is incredible. We can't get to our jobs any more without a car, and now they're saying we won't be able to get out of bed without our robot. It's definitely not the sort of thing that inspires motivation (or exercise).
    Now, I will say this--even if they make a bunch of wonderful robots designed for home use, and even if they're sold at moderately low prices, I don't think very many people would buy them. Maybe they would buy a sort of "Maid Bot", but past that I can't see a robot doing anything else in the house.
    A benefit that could come from this society, however, is that we could have specialized robots assigned to police stations, fire departments, and hospitals that could assist in emergency situations. That could actually be very useful and efficient.

Newbie Sadis is off to a good start Sadis's Avatar
    Thanks

I find it scary. I don't think I'd like a world where we're that dependent on technology. Robots are cool and all, but having them do almost everything in your house is a little overboard.

I'm totally in love. Sadis + yinyangAio1 forever. <3 (Yes, we're together irl. We're engaged.) Also, if you liked/dated him, please stay off my page.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't fight the future. It is funny how you read manga or see movies where robots do everything and think it is so cool. Now we are almost there and people are scared.

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

I thin its scary but then anything new is to me so I would say that we are only bringing it on ourselves I mean really it is that hard to pour our own coffie or drive somewhere I am actually against the whole Idea .... oh well

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

it depends...if our society isn't going to change itself, i can already see this will be catastrophic. we can't even agree with ourselves and most of all we're the only species who are blame throwers and fear mongers. if we only focus more on the necessity rather than desire. yeah having a robot is necessary but letting it do all for ya isn't already a need but a want. and want is pretty much i would consider the root of all evil.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

were already there. we have to have cellphones, tv, microwaves, ipods, steros.....weve already gone past that point not to long ago. were more focused on the wants we have than the actual need for something, because im pretty sure everyone has wanted something and used it for a bit, then packed it away or forgot about it.

theres some thing that we do need, like refigerators, pastorization machines, washing machines. but alot of the stuff we think we need, we dont actually need after a certain amount of time or at all. like the ipods, cell phones, and tvs.

itll just get worse, were bringing it on ourselves. if youve ever watched wall-e, all those people in the ship had grown fat and huge, because they became accustomed to all the techonolgy around them from the cradle. they didnt even make babies by themselves, walked, or knew other people were around them until that technology was removed. thats when they realized that techonlogy was controling them not the other way around, and went back to the basics.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

+ Reply to Thread