+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rockin' the Suburbs!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Rockin' the Suburbs!

Okay, I just moved from North Minneapolis--the hood--to Burnsville (which is a suburb). I've lived in the burbs before, but never have I seen a town that was just dead quiet! Never have I seen a town where there are absolutely NO COPS, unless they're setting up speed traps.

It's all strange and new to me, LOL. Has anyone else had to make any similar adjustments? If you're from the inner city and you've made the jump to the burbs, I wanna hear a story from you. ^_^

I lived in Maplewood for about a month (the first time I've ever lived in the suburbs) and I was bored at home, so I decided to take a walk. After about ten minutes of walking in silence, I hear--what I thought was--gunshots! I was like, "Yes! Some excitement!!" Come to find out, it was kids and fireworks... Ugh...

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rockin' the Suburbs!

I haven't gone from inner city to suburbs, but I have gone from the "twigs" to the suburbs. That's when I was living with my dad for 3 years and decided to move back in with my mom (horrible decision now that I look back). It's been a little depressing becuase everything smells like shit here, it's dirty, loud and there's nothing green!

Luckily I found a state park a few miles walk from my house, and that's where I am all day every other day with my dog, so I do get some relief. Yesterday I walked a total of 12 miles in the woods. Once I get in there I just can't bring myself to leave until it gets dark.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

I came from the streets of Manila to the Valley then Oxnard. Manila was rank with pollution, bugs and jeepneys. The Valley is desert hot. Oxnard is cold and sleepy. Hardly any jobs here in Oxnard and a lot of strawberry festivals at Oxnard college and fisherman's wharf. I'm glad I'm not in Philippines and the valley since it is too hot there. Oxnard is near the beach. Not too much traffic though since gas prices went up.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    I haven't gone from inner city to suburbs, but I have gone from the "twigs" to the suburbs. That's when I was living with my dad for 3 years and decided to move back in with my mom (horrible decision now that I look back). It's been a little depressing becuase everything smells like shit here, it's dirty, loud and there's nothing green!

Luckily I found a state park a few miles walk from my house, and that's where I am all day every other day with my dog, so I do get some relief. Yesterday I walked a total of 12 miles in the woods. Once I get in there I just can't bring myself to leave until it gets dark.
    I'm glad there's a park near where I live. I can play frisbee golf there (which I find lots of people here enjoy). Not too many people in Minneapolis--or Brooklyn Park, for that matter--play frisbee golf. I love it. And the old people here are real nice!!! I'm actually starting to adjust here, I think. Although, I still feel pretty out of place.

It's quiet, like, ALL the time! I'm not used to that. And I keep thinkin' the cops are gonna start messin' with me when I happen to cross paths with one. Only cuz it happened in BP. I was almost arrested under false pretenses, so when I'm walkin' through the streets here--which, by the way is a MUCH nicer suburb--and see a cop, I kinda get worried.

"You fit the description," is all I hear when I see those guys. Ugh...

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I do have a similar story, not exactly the same but close. I'm a Navy brat. My father was career military. We've lived in: Pensacola and Jacksonville Florida, Memphis Tennessee, Norfolk Virginia, etc. When my dad retired, we moved up to his home city of Ashtabula Ohio from Virginia Beach. The place is quiet for the most parts though there are diefinitely areas you stay away from.. It is the drug stopoff center between Cleveland OH and Erie PA. Anyway, adjusting from a place that had three malls, many shopping centers, five parks and both the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean within biking distance to a place that barely has a mall and has only one or two decent parks was quite a difference. Not to mention that the school system is nowhere near as good up here.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

never moved to the suburbs, but i would notice the difference when i'd go over to friend's houses and stuff like that...

it's nice and pretty and all, but it doesn't feel real. you don't feel any real connection with different kinds of people, it's like a bubble that no one wants to pop (but i guess that's the point). i'd never really want to live in the suburbs, it's nice to visit and shop, but not to live...

^_^ i do like their parks though~

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

well i whent from detroit michigan a horrible gang infested place of horror to a small town in zhills florida that is quite and safe so yeah i know how it is.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    never moved to the suburbs, but i would notice the difference when i'd go over to friend's houses and stuff like that...

it's nice and pretty and all, but it doesn't feel real. you don't feel any real connection with different kinds of people, it's like a bubble that no one wants to pop (but i guess that's the point). i'd never really want to live in the suburbs, it's nice to visit and shop, but not to live...

^_^ i do like their parks though~
    Yes the burbs dont have the culture and theatre, and all that jazz. I'll still take the burbs, dont like all that noise, crime, pollution, and filth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast