+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Romeo and Juliet Syndrome

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Romeo and Juliet Syndrome

Do you think it is possible to experience love without also suffering feelings of pain and loss?

It's hard to get around pain and loss... and to me these feelings actually deepen love, but must love be traumatic? I love people who will eventually die or leave, yet how do I go around not feeling bitter about it. In Africa they actually see joy in death since the person passing away is rejoicing with God now and never has to suffer eating, drinking, stress and going to the bathroom and other chores that come with life. I don't know anymore..

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Romeo and Juliet Syndrome

Wouldn't "Romeo and Juliet Syndrome" be more accurate if it was more true to the term by means of Shakespearean tragedy?

In all seriousness, everyone's dying anyway. You're dying. I'm dying. Everyone's dying. In a long enough timeline, the probability of survival is zero. Instead of mourning about the deaths of loved ones, it would make more sense to just remember those good times rather than just the bad and apparently horrible reality. It's absolutely pointless to even mourn them and it would be more reasonable to praise them instead because of they are now at their most peaceful. I'm sure as they decompose and become worm feed and a mold society, the last thing that they would want would be the loved ones that are still amongst the living to be wasting time just mourning over something so meaningless.

If they're gone, they're gone. As they say, they are in a happier place now. A place that is happier than anything that we could ever experience, but despite them beating the rest of us to the punch, all we have to do is live our lives to the fullest and just keep on living.

The reason you're feeling bitter is because you, like everyone else, are weak, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The tears will dry and soon you will arise and overcome such futile emotions and glance at the picture frame that house a photo of your loved one with a significantly stronger sense of inspiration rather than depression to make your life more worthwhile.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Aug 23, 2008 at 08:03 AM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well, in some cases, there are people who seem to be less sensitive towards things that are depressing such as death. It's not uncommon for people to have their own way of looking at things despite what others might think. I mean as a child I became interested in horror movies like Friday the 13th and Hellraiser. My friends seem to think I was traumatized since seeing gore and violence does not impact me as much as my friends. Just recently, when I went to see the movie, Mirrors, I remember sitting down all calm seeing all the gory scenes like when the girl in the bathtub was forcefully getting her own jaw ripped off. It wasn't even censored. I heard a lot of people screaming really loud behind my seat.

I know my example seems more extreme than your Romeo and Juliet syndrome theory, but I am just trying to prove my point. We cannot always control how we react to certain things. I mean it's just like how parents are worried about how violent video games such as the Grand Theft Auto series affect the minds of their children.

When I think of death, I see it as natural part of life unless it's like murder or suicide. Everything has its limits because nothing physically lasts forever. It's all part of life.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok Im going to try to answer the first question...

Do you think it is possible to experience love without also suffering feelings of pain and loss?
    Absolutely.... I've loved people that I may never see again. We didn't go through anything tragic, we just moved apart. Like best buds I went to high school with. Sure, there is a feeling of loss (because I knew we had to move on). But, I wouldn't say there was any feeling that had to be suffered through.

However, when you think of loving someone in an unconditional, forever kind of way. I think pain and loss just comes with the territory. And I also agree that (esspecially in a romantic sense) trauma, once it's been overcome, can enhance the intensity in love. It could work in loves favor.

The reason you're feeling bitter is because you, like everyone else, are weak, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Amen to that! Emotion is such tricky human condition. It can be a phenomenal source of power, but its a heck of a way to weaken your defenses.

As for death, I think it makes no sense to grieve for a dead person. Unless you're grieving over what they had to endure during their last moments (if it was a violent, slow or painful death). But, that isn't usually why people grieve. We don't grieve for the dead... We grieve for the living. We cry because we suffered a loss. Or because we feel symapthy for other living people who have to continue without someone they loved. Thats why my mother always reminded me that funerals are for the living.

Not that theres anything wrong with grieving.... (As Innerhell stated above) Over time what was once our suffering and sadness, can evolve into strength and inspiration.
    ... Not Ever Again...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

desxms (Aug 27, 2008)

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post

In all seriousness, everyone's dying anyway. You're dying. I'm dying. Everyone's dying. In a long enough timeline, the probability of survival is zero.
    jajaja

That was funny.

The Sydromes of love you speak of are what all people live for. For today lives, to believe it real love. They believe pain and suffering must be added for the love to be so much more.

The Romeo and Juliet thing is not love, and it is, but it's love expressed in all the wrong ways. At the end of the story did they not express that there love was not the punishment, but there parents hate for one another it was there punishment.

So lets not use that as a choice in love. Because if we know what true is love is forgiving, love is kind, and love in a science point of view is transferred from the addiction part of your brain, what falls into that catergory with "Depression" "Alcohalism" and many more.

=3 You see I don't cry at death, I cry that I couldn't know that person a little bite more. I don't rejoice in it either, but I just don't know what to think. It takes me a while really in the inside to realize they are actually dead, because for some reason I still feel like they are around. At least in me. It takes me a while to let it all kick in. It happen with the same thing with my grandpa [Man I consider grandpa] when he died. Even when I saw his body lying there. It just looked like he was sleeping.

I really don't what to say, but I do believe you need a little faith, and learn to rejoice in the people you meet and forgive those that you haven't. I know I intend to forgive all those that have done me wrong when I die. Even if it still lives a little in me today..

I just don't want you get your ways of what love is mixed up. Love does not bring forth horrors and sadness. It's not suppose to, but loves are again different.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i dont really think theres any one in this worl worth dieing for anymore
    its just a romantic day dream for hopless romantics though the thought
    of one dieing for another is cute if you like that kind of stuff.

anyone who kills themselves for there gf/bf today is just plain stupid
    because love like that is just for poem, love storys and anything tragic.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

well love and loss are relatives, and if something happens, then it happened for a reason. suicide isnt a option, death is another obstacle we must overcome when you fall in love. suicide is the easyway out and is stupid. if you love someone, then you must consider that your love doesnt make everyone immune to pain and suffering.
    stuff happens..

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Utena Tenjo For This Useful Post:

desxms (Aug 27, 2008), Scourge (Aug 25, 2008)

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

i am not with killing selfs for the one he/she love i know when someone share his/her heart with someone he/she love that make the two hearts one heart but i don't find killing selfs an answer to show to the one you love that you can't live without him/her so you find killing your self the only way ._. ...
    when someone kill his/her self he/she don't know what they are doing to the one he/she love and this is like the story of Romeo and Juliet ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Frozen Rose For This Useful Post:

desxms (Aug 27, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast