+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Romeo and Juliet Syndrome

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Romeo and Juliet Syndrome

romeo and juliet was for the fact that couldnt be together due to the fact that their families would not let them be together for they were enemies. Things have changed since then but there are still families that dont want couples be together for reasons that they believe. Which is why alot of couples murder themselves.

personally i dont think its worth it since you can move out of your parents house now to be with that person, even if itd means to give them up. Then theres the fact that most people arent worth the effort to begin with, now days people tend to swap partners more than money.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clover For This Useful Post:

desxms (Aug 27, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desxms View Post
    Do you think it is possible to experience love without also suffering feelings of pain and loss?

It's hard to get around pain and loss... and to me these feelings actually deepen love, but must love be traumatic? I love people who will eventually die or leave, yet how do I go around not feeling bitter about it. In Africa they actually see joy in death since the person passing away is rejoicing with God now and never has to suffer eating, drinking, stress and going to the bathroom and other chores that come with life. I don't know anymore..
    The whole point of being in a relationship is to go through suffering and pain. This is how love strengthens and bonds become more close knit.

And if memory serves, Romeo and Juliet killed themselves because
    A) Romeo thought Juliet was dead and took a poison.
    B) Juliet wakes from her trance as Romeo lies dead, kisses his corpse, and stabs herself with his dagger.

If that isn't suffering and pain, i don;t know what is.
    Last edited by NeoDeath90; Aug 27, 2008 at 06:22 AM.
    Why hello there!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Aug 27, 2008)

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry this thread is so deep.. but those of you that responded showed real maturity. I got the question from a book and wanted to throw it at you AO members and you do not disappoint. I'm not really bitter. Yes suicide is always the wrong thing to do... I just called this the Romeo and Juliet syndrome for a dramatic touch. I didn't really know how to answer the question and some of you could be real great essayists. Bravo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2