Closed Thread

Thread: Rude Much...

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Rude Much...

I do not know EXACTLY where to put this thread, but it seems appropriate to be placed here.
    I have been on hiatus for quite awhile and I come back to my first forum all lost not knowing what has been going on since my leave. Come to find out, majority of my friends have left (and that is alright, we all gotta grow up sometime.), but one friend I have known since my very first day became banned for reasons I won't put up because it is personal. However, my reason for writing this is to discuss how rude a mod was to him. I read the email sent to him from a mod on AO and I am just livid. That was incredibly rude and uncalled for on all sides of the argument.
    I have been with this site for almost three years now, so I know how things work around here so I am actually expecting this thread to be either deleted or closed since, apparently, this is along the fine lines of raising hell. However, I am notorious for doing such a thing so I am willing to take a risk.

To the mod that insulted a very close friend of mine: The email you sent was rude as hell and you being much older should have handled the situation much more maturely. You had no right to attack him on a personal level the way you did. Most of the mother admin I have encountered do not result to attacking an 18 year old on some B.S. because they insulted a girl you have never met in life. Really? Is that what AO has come to? So to make this a "thread" of the sorts to follow some rules, I will propose this question:

Do you think admin and staff have any right to disrespect a member of their forum because they are in a higher level of heirachy?

I personally do not care what happens to this thread but I had to say something on his behalf because he is banned. And quite honestly, this isn't the first time I have seen this happen, and it just pisses me off at what power does to people.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rude Much...

I know for a fact that you're talking about me.

And He was banned because of repeated infractions of the Site rules and making sexual advances to a 14 year old member. The staff just had it, so he was banned (Push us too far, and we will ban you).

I wasn't rude (not that I care anyway), I was frank and blunt, like I always am. Its the best way to get a point across.

We were justified in removing him from our membership because he was a threat to the intergety of the site, as well as a Legal Liablity in case the parents of the 14 year old member in question decided to sue us (And they would have the legal right to do it too).

Now, this issue is closed, if you want to take it further, do it off the board and contact an administrator, but you will get the same response, that I can assure you.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Fighting other peoples fights is never a good thing. The behavior of any moderator from this site is ruled by the administrators. If any wrong doing was made from any of the staff members, then it should be directed to them, not the general public.

Public complaints solve nothing, on the contrary they may cause you trouble. AO, like many privately owned forums is not a democracy, there is people in charge that will make the rules the members will follow, and there is people that will make sure those rules are enforce, end of story.

So, if your friend broke the forum rules, and those in charge decided to permanently ban him, then there is nothing you or anyone else can do. My advice here is just to leave this matter alone, no benefit will come to you or your friend.

Closing Thread.

Edit: OK Ace beat me to the responce...
    Edit 2: I was the one who closed the thread, not Aceman...
    Last edited by GallComp; May 26, 2009 at 10:10 PM.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    Edit 2: I was the one who closed the thread, not Aceman...
    You just had to take some of the credit didn't you?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    You just had to take some of the credit didn't you?
    More the blame than the credit...

Closed Thread