+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Santa Vs. Jesus

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Santa Vs. Jesus

Jesus wins hands down...

Santa encourages bad parenting! only rewarding good kids! sure, little Jimmy may have set the cat on fire, but who was the one who gave birth to Jimmy!?!? and who's the one who paid for the cat and matches!?!?!! and who didn't use the child safety locks!?!!!

=_= i think Santa, Mom and Dad need to have a conference with the man/baby in the manger!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The red, fat and jolly dude is an invention of the Coca-Cola Company. --> FOUND TO BE AN INACCURACY ON MY PART
    Santa Claus actually doesn't exist in most parts of Europe. Or actually he does exist but it's another dude. Also, his celebration is on 6 December.
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 26, 2007 at 11:23 AM.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    Jesus wins hands down...

Santa encourages bad parenting! only rewarding good kids! sure, little Jimmy may have set the cat on fire, but who was the one who gave birth to Jimmy!?!? and who's the one who paid for the cat and matches!?!?!! and who didn't use the child safety locks!?!!!

=_= i think Santa, Mom and Dad need to have a conference with the man/baby in the manger!
    You lost me there... But, I was somehow still very amused by the whole burning cat thing. Just not so sure how it ties in to Christmas.

And yeah... rewarding "good" kids is kinda unfair. But honestly, most kids got SOMETHING for Christmas even if they were wicked brats..... Or maybe I just speak for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The red, fat and jolly dude is an invention of the Coca-Cola Company.
    Santa Claus actually doesn't exist in most parts of Europe. Or actually he does exist but it's another dude. Also, his celebration is on 6 December.
    Coca-cola invented Santa?! Hmmm.... So they are the ones responsible for my pain and suffering apon realizing he wasn't real... I think I feel a lawsuit coming on.
    ... Not Ever Again...

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't that fat dude you referring to a German old man that used to give presents to all the kids of his village back in the old good days.

I would say Santa. The dude is well known around the world. Also, if you ask little kids who they like the most? Most likely the answer you'll get will be Santa.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

to be honest, my family don't celebrate both now. Santa was sort of a kid thing in my family, think parent thought it was 'cute' that we believed in it so for quite a few years we pretended he was 'real', as most of use in a non-religious family do.

but i can't be bother believing in ppl, i mean i rather go with what christmas brings for me and my family. i time to reflect on what we have (family and the like), and to celebrate with them. as for gifts, well most of us are firm believer in the boxing day sales. so money all the way. buy what u want, not what u get!

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I was raised going to church every christmas and celebrating it for the most part as the birth of christ. Till church was over....

Then it was all about family gift opening and in the morning santa.

Being that I don't identify as "Christian" now that I'm grown I think I would likely leave jesus out of my christmas, unless I change my mind about my kids going to church by then or something. Because I feel like it's wrong as hell to be a christian on christmas and easter and not on the rest of the holidays. I think things like santa and the easter bunny make it easy for the non christian kids to be not left out on christian holidays. And maybe that's demeaning to the true meaning to the holiday but who wants their kids left out when they go back to school and all the other kids are blabbering about what they got for easter or christmas. I think both are great holidays for kids. They're just work for adults, so why not make them extra fun for the lil ones...?

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're talking about the Americanized version of Santa, you're wrong hassun, the earliest version of Santa as we know it (By his name, Santa Claus), dates back to 1809 from Washington Irving's History of New York, where Sinterklaas was Americanized into "Santa Claus".

While Coke did have a hand in cementing the image of Santa in the public eye, that didn't happen till just before the 1900's, since Coke didn't become a company till the 1890's.

Santa Claus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Well screw me sideways, apparently they just popularized him. But they did cement his red and white appearance.

The original Saint Nicholas is a historical figure who came from Turkey. Then again Germanic old religion may have had a part in it as well. It's basically a combination of religion + multiple false translations.
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 26, 2007 at 11:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast