+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scammers!!!!!!!!!!!

Otaku Speed Cards Champion, Foxhole 13 Champion, Commander Keen - Marooned on Mars Champion, Block Down Champion, Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion, Animal Connect Champion, Color Reactor 2 Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Cubis 2 : Morph-Fun Champion, SputNik Champion, Blast The Enemy Champion, Prison Escape Champion, Shock Defence Champion ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Scammers!!!!!!!!!!!

I always get those e-mails saing I won the European lottery money. Like...twelve million pounds sterling
    I've seen all you here before at the rise and the fall, lets go down and ring the bell at the Levity Ball.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ConradGuravitch103 View Post
    I always get those e-mails saing I won the European lottery money. Like...twelve million pounds sterling
    Lol Yeah I get those too. My e-mail address is totally spammed I don't even bother to read my messages anymore unless I know someone sent me something important. I have like 4000 messages that I have never read because they are spam, my spam bow usually has catches about a 1000 on top whats in my inbox and I don't have the time to clean out my box.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now one of the 'Free' services that I've found useful for things like this, is a service called Spam Cop (SpamCop.net - Beware of cheap imitations) Once you register a free account with them, you forward as an attachment the suspect Email, and in a few short minutes, they will Email you a link to a report page that will give details and where the Email was actually sent from (A Canadian Pharmacy located in Brazil???) and where the links actually go to, and by pressing an 'OK' button, will send a standard complaint letter to the ISP to report the SPAM account, and to the Admins of the web host to report the Scam site...

Other useful addresses to forward Scam Email to...

[email protected] The US Government Federal Trade Commission Spam monitoring mail box (UCE stands for Unsolicited Commercial Email) The FTC have actually shut down major SPAM operations, and does monitor the reported SPAM it receives here...

[email protected] The report email box for the US Government Securities and Exchange Commission, for anything that mentions stocks, fund transfers and security fraud
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jul 07, 2009 at 11:08 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG! Tell me, what is the email address I can respond to for this! If you're not gonna take him up on it... I will!

LMAO

Seriously though, I would have taken the time to respond with false information. I get SO SO bored sometimes. I have seen this and similar to it before. It kind of makes you wonder how many people have fallen for it... o.O
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't believe that some people actually fall for this. You should'nt even open an email if you don't know who it is from?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jul 08, 2009)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Like beast, its just commen sense to not open or even respond to these things. I have gotten a few of these before and as soon as I see who it is from I just delete it from my box if I do not know who it is. I am sure I do not have family members living in China, Africa, or South America, and if you are a long lost relative how the hell did you know my specific E-mail was a relative of yours? So if any one receves a long lost family E-mail, junk it, if you get something that says your a winner for something you don't remember or know you didn't get involved in, junk it. Most scams are easy to spot.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie ichigo hollow is off to a good start ichigo hollow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now one of the 'Free' services that I've found useful for things like this, is a service called Spam Cop (SpamCop.net - Beware of cheap imitations) Once you register a free account with them, you forward as an attachment the suspect Email, and in a few short minutes, they will Email you a link to a report page that will give details and where the Email was actually sent from (A Canadian Pharmacy located in Brazil???) and where the links actually go to, and by pressing an 'OK' button, will send a standard complaint letter to the ISP to report the SPAM account, and to the Admins of the web host to report the Scam site...

Other useful addresses to forward Scam Email to...

[email protected] The US Government Federal Trade Commission Spam monitoring mail box (UCE stands for Unsolicited Commercial Email) The FTC have actually shut down major SPAM operations, and does monitor the reported SPAM it receives here...

[email protected] The report email box for the US Government Securities and Exchange Commission, for anything that mentions stocks, fund transfers and security fraud
    I send it to the [email protected] and the [email protected] and they said that they are monitering that email for scamming/fruad/spamming so i dont think they will be doing alot more of it.
    I Love Bleach at least i dont lie lol

join my anime site anime4life(dot)ucoz(dot)com

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

lol i love this messages XD becasue there is an funny stories X3 that i enjoy reading ...

one of the times i got one of those and it was about an rich family who they ALL die and the one who sent me the message say that i will have 60% money and he/she will take the rest of the 100% and no one will know about this at all lol *fall from my chair* *dieing from laughing * hahahahha .... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2