+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Secret lifes?

Newbie kingmustang is off to a good start kingmustang's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Secret lifes?

Quote Originally Posted by mezzo1991 View Post
    See like a few of you said, ive went through the parents not approving and the girlfriends saying things. -_- i dont see why people make a big deal about it. most of the people in school watch spongebob or something cartoonish. at least anime has a plot and is mature.*mostly* i just dont get why people think its so horrible.
    Because they suck!!!!!!! and have no appreciation for good tv!!!!!!
    Sword in hand, fire in heart, I walk towards my future just playing my part.
    The school of the undefeated East! The winds of the king! Zenshin! Keiretsu! Tempa! Kyoran! Look! The East is burning red!” (G Gundam)
    Ride Fast, Live Free & Stay strong.

Newbie Zakizo is off to a good start Zakizo's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really hide it, but if they ask if I like it, I'm not going to lie. I have videogames of anime I like that I'm even happy to invite them to play. But, I also get called a nerd/dork. Only by my sister though. But it was so great when she started dating someone who loved anime too. Heh heh... It still makes me laugh a bit.
    What? You've never seen a talking cabbage before? Well, if you were a bit more open minded, then maybe you WOULD have.

Newbie animefreak150 is off to a good start animefreak150's Avatar
    Thanks

thats funny... i get told that im a dork and a nerd by my own parents and friends~~ i think it funny
    the worst feeling is not Death, its knowing that you aren't needed,

that you are alone in this world, and that you no longer have a reason to live...

Newbie princessuk is off to a good start princessuk's Avatar
    Thanks

I do and dont hide it, when I say I watch it I just get funny looks. My boyfirnd is cool about it though, we were watching InuYasha the other day in bed even though he isnt bothered for anime. He even jokes that I give anime more attention than him lol!

Otaku mezzo1991 is off to a good start mezzo1991's Avatar
    Thanks

lol nice but yeah the only people who call me a geek and nerd is my friends who watch anime lol and my family -_- but ive put up with my family doing it since i remember so eh i got used to it
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GamerTag: AW joe7x
    Myspace: www.myspace.com/mezzo1991

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of the people I hang out with are into the same things I am, except anime. I have this one friend though, who's half convinced she's an Asian trapped in a white girl's body; that's one of things surrounding anime culture that really bothers me- white people wanting to be Asian. For the most part these topics never come up but I'll never deny that I've sat down and watched anime, in fact, I'll tell them how good it is and how absurd the humor can be (many wtf moments in anime) but I'll never be ashamed of something I'm into. Lol, but I'd rather not say any names etc. unless I have to. It sounds awkward coming from a non-Asian imo.

I'm more of a geek when it comes to games.. and I'm only a geek because I play RPG's, which is one of the most discriminated against genre's. Only my closest friends know that I have like 150+ hours logged onto FF XII and that's because they've been there when I loaded up the game xD (which you just lost)

I'm totally not embarrassed by it. Everyone has something geeky about them, or if they don't they're weird.

If someone from school is giving you a hard time about being a geek, usually you can counter that by calling them on their.. lack of virtue. Most of the really mean ones are either tramps or insecure because they secretly like anime too. The people who don't care what you're into are the keepers xD

Lol, my mom's the one who taught be how to be a geek by the way, what with her stupid books and intelligence. It's not my fault I like to actively seek out knowledge and enjoy reading long, boring books on subjects only fit to be read in a school or library. You should be proud of your geekiness, it's not like it's a big deal or anything.

Unless you wear a cape everywhere and have glasses thicker than your finger..
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Otaku mezzo1991 is off to a good start mezzo1991's Avatar
    Thanks

lmao >.< u made me lose the game ugh i was on like a month of winning -_- But ANYWAYS back on topic. I agree with everyone that its rediculous how much of a negative responce Anime, RPG's (also a fan of them) and stuff in general gets a negitive reputation. I mean i dont understand why people spend $150 on a pair of jordans that they wear once or twice but i dont judge, I wonder not judge lol. and i bet 99% of people would like anime if they took the time to watch it. I called my dad out on it before cause he always talked about how Voltron and Thundercats were his favorite cartoons. and i remember watching them with him when i was a kid. I told him that he used to watch it and his exact words were "Well its diffrent" noppeeee not true. its the same. ^^ so i think i win that arguement.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GamerTag: AW joe7x
    Myspace: www.myspace.com/mezzo1991

Newbie animefreak150 is off to a good start animefreak150's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Re: Secret lifes?

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    that's one of things surrounding anime culture that really bothers me- white people wanting to be Asian.
    see thats the exact opposite of Asians!! we want to be white!! we sunburn and tan really easily!! it gets really annoying eventually!! i will never get why...
    the worst feeling is not Death, its knowing that you aren't needed,

that you are alone in this world, and that you no longer have a reason to live...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast