+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Self-assessment #1: Money Management

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Self-assessment #1: Money Management

Greetings, my fellow AO members...

My parents, especially my father, forever accentuated the importance of disciplined, economical conduct when it come to money, as I'm sure yours did the same. Well, as much as we all once wanted or still want to discount their seemingly over-emphasis on this matter, money management is a critical caveat for resourceful living ~! So now, here's the question: How are you with your money, whether that money comes from allowances or from your own earnings (work)? What becomes of that money?

Lastly, how do you identify yourself? Spendthrift, moderate, methodical, or close-fisted? And are you proud of how you deal with your money? Time for some resolutions eh?!

Oh there's nothing to be ashamed of, just spill some beans for us. ^,~

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Self-assessment #1: Money Management

mm well I did have a job and the money I had earned I have put 2 thirds of it in the bank and then the rest went to me.

but umm yea that money is all gone now. I spent in on things and if I still had my job it wouldn't be gone but i needed money at some poitn so I used what I had.

but yea umm i dont know exactly what you mean by like spendthrift and what not but uhh I'll guess and say moderate.lol,

Im confooseld.lol.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princes View Post
    but yea umm i dont know exactly what you mean by like spendthrift and what not but uhh I'll guess and say moderate.lol,

Im confooseld.lol.
    Spendthrift basically means that you are reckless when it comes to spending money.

Confuzzled? Confused of what? How to budget your money?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

when i have a lot of money, i'm a bit loose on how i spend it (back when i had a bank account filled by the government and also when i had a good paying job)...

^_^ however, you'd be surprised how much money i could save by hording my lunch money~! amazing!

me and money work well together when we have a goal, like someone's birthday or Christmas or a special thing me (or Soshi) would want. However, when nothing is coming up for a while, i can be a little careless! i am taking an accounting class though, and i think it's really helping me change my perspective on money and how it works!

my advice, take money managing classes in college! it will really help!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm.... I am quite saving, but then, when I decide to spend something... it usually ends up with me having no money and plenty, plenty of stuff I only get my money from my parents. I don't count it but I don't spend much either and put what's left after a week away to use later for shopping Or to top up for my mobile ^^

I'm ok with how I deal with my money- I'm not spening too much but I'm not living with no fun time at all (yea... shoping (once in two weeks) is fun!!!!!!!)

I've played many trade games and I'm ussualy doing fine there too Lol ^^ So I guess I'm not that bad in this...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Spendthrift basically means that you are reckless when it comes to spending money.

Confuzzled? Confused of what? How to budget your money?
    Yup, that's me! Totally spendthrifty (if that's a word, lol)!

I try to manage my money, I'm getting better at it, but when I see something I like, I buy it. I'm always kicking myself in the head a few days later, but it's usually worth it in the long run.

I take care of all my important things first. Y'know, bills, rent, child support... But, when it comes to saving money, or budgeting my money, that's pretty much out the window. I like video games and anime WAY too much for that crap, LOL.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

I earned "my" money from my first job is about 1 year now and since that, I became more moderated, first when i lived by my parents I was a mess with money, Im not that kind of girl who spend all money shopping clothes, I spend my money on CDs(a lot), DVD(a lot), Books(a lot), Jackets(i collect them), and old things God Knows why i buy staff like that. Anyway, now that i live by myself is hard spend money the way a spended, but when i go shopping i buy the same staffs and couple of news staffs too, everythin for paint...

Newbie SoftBlade is off to a good start SoftBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, well, I'm pretty useless when it comes to saving money. Or, lets put it this way, I don't really think ahead so, I see no reason to save for something more than, say, a music CD, game, etc. But, as of lately, I've started to save up since I know I'll eventually need a car, and this and that. Got myself a bank account and I need to give 32 days notice to get the money. The perfect way to save since I don't want to wait 32 days =P

I guess I'd label myself as a moderate spender. And, nope, I'm not proud of myself. Wish I could save all my money and stop buying junk! =P

+ Reply to Thread