+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Self Image

Otaku Zidane - Head Butt Game Champion, Zizzo Challenge Champion, Zwill Champion, Aragon Dragon Champion KingAnime is off to a good start
    Thanks

Self Image

I don't see why self image is so important, is it because that is what people judge you on? Some places wont hire people because of earrings or other piercings and even hair cuts, Is it right to judge somebody by what they look like and how they dress?

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might
    Beware My Power Green Lanterns Might

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KingAnime For This Useful Post:

SweetCandi (Nov 15, 2008)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Self Image

I believe the answer in no. I would hire a person based on their skill and what they could do, not what they look like, and I think thos people that judge people on looks just want the business to look good
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

appearance is always going to be important. We live in a society that simply demands you look at least as presentable as you can look. If that's not good enough for some people, well, screw them. And by the way, I'm pretty sure self image refers to how you view yourself, not how others view you, or even more specifically how you think people view you. I'm assuming you're talking about physical appearance and individuality.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

theres a prob at my school atm cos i have mates (boys) with long hair and my princables tryin to make them cut it etc and people with showing tattoos it will be hard to get a job i just need to have my hair down alot since i have one on my neck now i donno why its such a big deal people should be aloud to express themselfs freely its there bodies

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Appearances matter. Any place of business has to acknowledge the fact that some of its patrons will judge you based on your appearance. They can't risk losing business over being "Mr. Nice Company." Business is all about money and appeal. It's an unfortunate truth. When it comes to personal relations though, everyone is equal in my book.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by KingAnime View Post
    I don't see why self image is so important, is it because that is what people judge you on? Some places wont hire people because of earrings or other piercings and even hair cuts, Is it right to judge somebody by what they look like and how they dress?
    Now this really depends on the position. If its something involved with marketing, then that means you're representing the company. And anyone involved with marketing should know that first impressions are of utmost importance...

Now for other positions, I myself can wear blue jeans to work, as doing so has no effect on my performance as a security programmer. But at the same time, I wouldn't wear blue jeans to a job interview. If you go to a job interview dressed as a slob, what kind of personality are they going to take you for, as you are in fact, marketing your self...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Nov 16, 2008)

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingAnime View Post
    yeah its sad isnt it..i mean that how our society is, well always been..this reminds me of the moive "The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)" this guy *will smith* was hobo lookin,no suits .no class but was the smartess person ..but no one will listen to him due to his appearance..
    thats why there is so many out casts and clicks ..image is life..i mean just look at how adverstiment ,models and magzines are making ppl feel about how they look is bad..or wanting to change it (plastic surgey) and we see that alot now..
    me personally..we should be who we are and never change just to please mankind..i mean god created us in his image but he also made us all different for a reason..do u know how dull our world be if everyone look the same..O.o

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

It shows that you can be professional, proper, and mature and that you’re going to take things seriously. That’s what the person is looking for who is highreing as well as in your abilities. In a professional business you not only have to talk the talk but also walk the walk. So looking the part is very important, it also commands respect when dealing with higher ups and or dealing with people from another business. So it is in fact very important. How ever, depending on the business in question some will require less professionalism such as stores and shops, thus they will be more lax.
    Having to dress the part is not sad or puthetic as some of you may say or think, it in fact is also a way to root out people who mite show no motivation for the job at hand and the employer is not going to wast his or her time and higher a possible slacker who is going to cost the compeny money.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast