+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 29

Thread: Seven Wonders of the World

  1. #9
    ??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: Seven Wonders of the World

    @ wolfie I would think many dont like the ones that are considered the "Seven Wonders of the World" so there wanting to change it to some thing more like a wonder. My take on it wolfie.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

  2. #10
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Seven Wonders of the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Well if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. ^_^
    Just think if there weren't all that you wouldn't be here on a computer making jokes on AO every day.
    You do realise it's called the wonders of the WORLD do you? Hmmm?

    Your suggesting would be selecting "Humans" or "Mankind" as one of the wonders of the world. Which won't happen because nobody knows for sure where we came from. It would stir yet another Religion vs. Science debate.

  3. #11
    Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Life is an illusion.
    Posts
    2,429
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: Seven Wonders of the World

    It depends whether or not you want to take it there
    We don't know where we came from, so what?
    The wonders I listed are wonders of the world. Imagine you not having one of them.

  4. #12
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Seven Wonders of the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Your suggesting would be selecting "Humans" or "Mankind" as one of the wonders of the world. Which won't happen because nobody knows for sure where we came from.
    Thus, it would make it a "wonder"... no?

  5. #13
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Seven Wonders of the World

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Thus, it would make it a "wonder"... no?
    It would be handy if you quoted my whole reply.
    These things are actually not called wonders because we don't know where they came from but because we're astonished by the fact that man was able to make it.

  6. #14
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Seven Wonders of the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    It would be handy if you quoted my whole reply.
    These things are actually not called wonders because we don't know where they came from but because we're astonished by the fact that man was able to make it.
    Okay. Aren't "wonders" things that we cannot explain? They just "happen". And are 'wonderful'. I think the existance of humankind could be a wonder of the world. Maybe. Possibly. I can't see why not.

  7. #15
    Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Life is an illusion.
    Posts
    2,429
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: Seven Wonders of the World

    Well since we don't know where those seven wonders came from, they still are very special, and if all the humans did not have one of the 5 senses we would not be able to make monuments which are the wonders.

  8. #16
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Seven Wonders of the World

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Okay. Aren't "wonders" things that we cannot explain? They just "happen". And are 'wonderful'. I think the existance of humankind could be a wonder of the world. Maybe. Possibly. I can't see why not.
    Have you looked at the list Chubz posted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_grip
    Well since we don't know where those seven wonders came from, they still are very special, and if all the humans did not have one of the 5 senses we would not be able to make monuments which are the wonders.
    Just admit it was a useless comment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where Is Our World Going?
    By Raimann in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2007, 08:15 PM
  2. World Cup!
    By The Fighter in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2006, 05:46 AM
  3. The End Of The World
    By Someonew in forum The Chat Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Jun 06, 2006, 09:11 PM
  4. Wonders of the World
    By narrator in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 30, 2005, 07:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts