+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Seven Wonders of the World

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Seven Wonders of the World

Or just admit that there are wonders you don't want to think about

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Have you looked at the list Chubz posted?
    Yes. And all of them [[except for the modern day ones]] are unexplainable. Just like human existance. But human existance isn't on that list. Which is why it could be a new wonder of the world. You don't think so?

I mean, no one really knows how humans were created. I am religious and say God created existance. But many people just like to argue and not believe in relgion.. so, it could just remain a mystery and automatically become a wonder of the world.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Not only that, the monuments, the so-called-wonders wonders humans built will loose their endurance at some point in the future. Nothing stays forever, especially the buildings or the landscapes or national parks which are considered as wonders. If we did not have any means to see or sense to build and admire all that, wouldn't it be all useless. Tell me Hassun, if you didn't have sight will you be here sitting in front of the computer contradicting me? Or watch Statue Of Liberty?

Mind you, all the wonders I told took a long time to be developed without any technology or whatever, and all those helped humans to build yoour wonders.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Hm....can't say I'd include the human senses as a world wonder. They're kind of a different type of wonder (though yes, they are highly helpful and it's quite fascinating how the body works together), but the 7 world wonders (unless you count the natural world wonders) are only about man-made objects...

If you counted human senses into the world wonder list, then you'd probably have to include "Egyptian Slave Workforces' " hands for building the pyramids or something, because without hands, this stuff couldn't be built.

So, although the human senses are amazing, I can't say they belong on the world wonder list....also, they aren't region specific, so it takes away from the 'wonder' of it...it's like if every city had it's own hanging gardens...it wouldn't be very special. So 2000 years from now, when people are looking back at the remains of our civilization, they'll be focusing on what we built, and not what we were smelling or feeling, etc...

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Wonders implies a mysterious or unknown history of how something was built by man. This "human senses" blabber is just asinine. I have to agree with Chubz though, our modern "wonders" can hardly be called as such, because in today's world we no longer hold our secrets to the construction of our buildings. We reflect about them on the history and discovery channel. Perhaps thousands of years from now, when records might be lost and our structures still stand, then maybe they will elevate to "wonders," however I contest that nothing built today is wonderful. The original seven wonders will forever remain as such because we might never know how those structures were made.

Thanks

So all you guys are implying is that nothing natural is considered as a wonder, but only man mad marels are the true wonders. Alright then

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    So all you guys are implying is that nothing natural is considered as a wonder, but only man mad marels are the true wonders. Alright then
    I think they are straight up saying it. Not to single you out, but the things you listed, all of them never last as long as the seven wonders. Human senses are amazing, but it does not hold the same status as a "wonder" of the world. I guess you can compare it to some of the members' post count. Amazing but lacks substances.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    I think they are straight up saying it. Not to single you out, but the things you listed, all of them never last as long as the seven wonders. Human senses are amazing, but it does not hold the same status as a "wonder" of the world. I guess you can compare it to some of the members' post count. Amazing but lacks substances.
    Might I say... Zing?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast