Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 70

Thread: Should gays/lesbians/transexuals be allowed to have children?

  1. #25
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Should gays/lesbians/transexuals be allowed to have children?

    Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster331 View Post
    It is even theoried by some theologists that some of the Apostles might have been gay.
    Links please? I would like to see something that outrageous backed up by facts.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  2. #26
    Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    you really do not want to know
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 49 Times in 47 Posts

    Re: Should gays/lesbians/transexuals be allowed to have children?

    Homosexuality is very popular and the world and many people are against it and some are not. Personally I have no problems with homosexuals. But do I think they should be able to adopt children or go to sperm banks to have children? Not that I'm criticizing any homosexuals but I think its appropriate to discuss about these topics and share peoples input and opinions. In my opinion I think gay people can adopt/have children, but shouldn't. Simply because to reproduce it takes a man and woman. It reflects to Adam and Eve and so it is meant to have a man and woman to have kids and raised them. They need aspects of a man and woman role in the household. Two opposite sex to teach their children how a young man and woman to conduct themselves. In a two man relationship one man can tell how a woman should be and why some females feel certain a way. As well as two males a female can't tell how or show how male should conduct himself as man when becomes older. Two of the same sexes can't do that and chances are it can give young children wrong messages and they need that mother and father to have an understanding of how the household should consist of these things.
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

  3. #27
    Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    375
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 47 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Ta answer that, I pose a question myself; Do u physically, mentally, emotionally, or sexually abuse children? R u neglectful, immature, or completely selfish? Would u raise ur child ta b a productive member of society or teach them ta have no respect for the law or others? If no is ur answer ta all of the negative aspects of these questions, then I don' c what the problem is wit a person who is Homosexual raisin' a child. 'Til I can c some proof that havin' a parent that is homosexual is detrimental ta the health of the child, there's no clear reason; at least in my mind anyway; for homosexuals ta b excluded from child raisin'.
    I myself have been abused as a child and after my father died i was neglected by my mother for she had fallen into a deep depression. I know how it feels to be beaten over asking for a doughnut of get confines to a small room just over kissing a girl... I intend to never in my life inflict that upon my child nor any other shild i come into contact with. I've never been introuble with the law nor do i choose to ever be. I want a child to love. A child in a gay marrage is a sign of responsibility and it give "us" the time to actually raise someone who will be able to learn what our situation is. someone who can educate those and tell them that we are not an infection or a disease spreading through the world. I choose to have a child with my partner because I want a family... so i will never harm him/her in any way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Homosexuality is very popular and the world and many people are against it and some are not. Personally I have no problems with homosexuals. But do I think they should be able to adopt children or go to sperm banks to have children? Not that I'm criticizing any homosexuals but I think its appropriate to discuss about these topics and share peoples input and opinions. In my opinion I think gay people can adopt/have children, but shouldn't. Simply because to reproduce it takes a man and woman. It reflects to Adam and Eve and so it is meant to have a man and woman to have kids and raised them. They need aspects of a man and woman role in the household. Two opposite sex to teach their children how a young man and woman to conduct themselves. In a two man relationship one man can tell how a woman should be and why some females feel certain a way. As well as two males a female can't tell how or show how male should conduct himself as man when becomes older. Two of the same sexes can't do that and chances are it can give young children wrong messages and they need that mother and father to have an understanding of how the household should consist of these things.
    As goes back to family... I intend to have my brother and my partners brother to give my child (if a boy) the reasoning to conduct himself in an apprpriate manner.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Apr 30, 2008 at 03:44 PM.

  4. #28
    Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right where you think I am
    Posts
    548
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: Should gays/lesbians/transexuals be allowed to have children?

    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

    The same thing can be said about having a young boy who has not been circumcised, yet few people would say that this is a valid reason not to have a child. And 50 years ago, the same thing was being said about inter-racial marriages... and 100 years ago, they were saying the same thing about inter-faith marriages... and 200 years ago, they were saying the same thing between different nationalities...

    I will take back the statement that I said earlier where I said that this sort of thing would never be normal. History proves me wrong.

    What I was trying to say is that the ridicule the child would most likely receive is something that should seriously be considered by the potential parents. I don't really care if some lesbian couple decides they want to adopt a child. If they are caring and responsible adults than all the power to them.

    The crucial fact is that not everyone has my opinion and in this time and age the child that is adopted by one of sexually oriented couples stated will be a source of ridicule. The good side to this is over time this sort of thing will most likely mold into society if history is anything to go by.

  5. #29
    Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    375
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 47 Times in 45 Posts

    Re: Should gays/lesbians/transexuals be allowed to have children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    I will take back the statement that I said earlier where I said that this sort of thing would never be normal. History proves me wrong.

    What I was trying to say is that the ridicule the child would most likely receive is something that should seriously be considered by the potential parents. I don't really care if some lesbian couple decides they want to adopt a child. If they are caring and responsible adults than all the power to them.

    The crucial fact is that not everyone has my opinion and in this time and age the child that is adopted by one of sexually oriented couples stated will be a source of ridicule. The good side to this is over time this sort of thing will most likely mold into society if history is anything to go by.
    it is never usually the child him/herself who choose to hate ones parents because of their orientation. In some cases and i know u know this, we learn from those around us. if a childs parents hate "us" then there is a 70% chance that so will their child. and the only way for that child to hurt us is to hurt out children. if the childs parents are willing to tell their child that we arent bad people and we wont hurt them not matter what they believe then the child should understand. i've met those in my school mostly popular students who have gay parents and they are at the top of their game..
    the decisions of the child reflect back on what their parents taught them.

  6. #30
    Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the end, it doesn' really matter.
    Posts
    907
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Should gays/lesbians/transexuals be allowed to have children?

    Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    I myself have been abused as a child and after my father died i was neglected by my mother for she had fallen into a deep depression. I know how it feels to be beaten over asking for a doughnut of get confines to a small room just over kissing a girl... I intend to never in my life inflict that upon my child nor any other shild i come into contact with. I've never been introuble with the law nor do i choose to ever be. I want a child to love. A child in a gay marrage is a sign of responsibility and it give "us" the time to actually raise someone who will be able to learn what our situation is. someone who can educate those and tell them that we are not an infection or a disease spreading through the world. I choose to have a child with my partner because I want a family... so i will never harm him/her in any way.
    Then I c no problems wit u havin' a child, as long as the child is cared for and raised properly; it shouldn' matter what the sexual orientation of the parent is. It should only matter if the person is responsible enough ta handle raisin' a child. And I apologize 'bout my questions, they weren' intended ta drudge up any bad memories of ur past.

    Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

  7. #31
    Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    375
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 47 Times in 45 Posts

    Re: Should gays/lesbians/transexuals be allowed to have children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Then I c no problems wit u havin' a child, as long as the child is cared for and raised properly; it shouldn' matter what the sexual orientation of the parent is. It should only matter if the person is responsible enough ta handle raisin' a child. And I apologize 'bout my questions, they weren' intended ta drudge up any bad memories of ur past.
    being honest is a part of life tho many do not tell the utmost truth.

    here is a video i made about sexual confusion . i feel it to be important in this conversation

    http://www.youtube.com/v/xsNdx4yPf_A&hl=en
    Last edited by starfire1036; Apr 30, 2008 at 04:23 PM.

  8. #32
    Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sadly, Michigan
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: Should gays/lesbians/transexuals be allowed to have children?

    My opinion, honestly I say go for it. I say it'd make them more open minded, accepting they have gay/lesbian parents. I got into a debate with someone, he said psychologically it would harm the child because they child needs a "father" or "Mother". Yet really through what I've read from Psychology a child just needs that whole "caring" aspect (Correct me if wrong please). Also if we're all for "equality" why the hell take that away from them just because of their sexuality.

    Honestly sexuality is sexuality, why let that judge someone? If someone was omnisexual (Not like the whole screw anything on legs kinda thing, but asexual, bisexual, homosexual and hetero sexual kind of sense) would you NOT talk to them mainly because of that? End line, who gives a shit what their sexuality is, we all have our intrests, some different from others. Let them raise a kid.

    "And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aleister Sithis For This Useful Post:

    starfire1036 (May 01, 2008)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Should gays go to hell?
    By KuwiRules145 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: Dec 01, 2007, 03:30 PM
  2. How are gays/bi's/lesbians viewed as in Japan?
    By Rook in forum Japanese Culture
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 17, 2007, 04:25 PM
  3. How many gays/ bi's/ and lesbians are here at AO?
    By Rook in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 07, 2007, 07:54 PM
  4. Are gays illegel
    By anime_8000 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 04, 2006, 07:04 PM
  5. Should parents be allowed to smack their children?
    By Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sep 25, 2006, 07:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts