+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should Police not chase people ?

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Police not chase people ?

Like the others have said, it depends on the situation. If it’s a killer or a kidnapper something really severe then by all means hunt/chase that crap-bag down.

I would have to really think about chasing a drunk drive, if you chase and he gets spooked and starts to run that’s something terrible waiting to happen. But on the other hand a drunk on the road is also something terrible waiting to happen.

If you do run from the law in a vehicle, and it’s in the polices judgment not to chase you to help protect innocent lives, then when you are finally caught the cops should charge the individual(s) with taking hostages. The punishment should be more severe.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Alot of you have alot of wrong information about the police. It seems to me me most of you guys are middle class white people and have no clue to what you're talking about because you don't deal with police chasing you or anyone you know. The police are generally easy to outrun. I'll break it down into on foot and vehicle.
    Well if they're chasing you they probably have a good reason in most cases.

Miroku that is the most assholish thing you've ever said on AO. And you can go ahead and give me an infraction. Anyone who's a human being knows you desrve to be called an asshole and that includes Dragonball. By the way Miroku can you tell me what ethnicity and financial background you come from?
    Oh and don't say that has nothing to do with this discussion because watching a poor person get run over by a truck and saying he deserves it has everything to do with it.
    Sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for a person who steals, is stupid enough to run form the police, and endangers others in his escape. Look at what that idiot did to those news reporters in those helicopters.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree with Miroku. He was doing the wrong thing in the first place. I'm not saying he deserved it, it was tragic. But the person in the car was doing the wrong thing in the first place, he/she would have known the consequences and the risks he/she was putting himself into.

The cops are trying to do their job, protect peoples lives, it was the robbers fault in the first place to decided to evade the police then go through that intersection, that put not only themselves at risks, but heaps of other people at risk. The cops are only doing there jobs.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    DAYUM. LOL. YOU STRAIGHT JAPPIN JO! GON HEAD. LOL

back on subject. Umm like shadokan said, it is not hard to outrun the police. Why would you ban it? I ran from the police because i was out past curfew. But they tried to arrest me because they thought i was doing "illegal" activity. Do you call going to wallgreens illeagal? Police chases are funny and you can out run them. So i see no need to ban them
    Thanks.

Yeah you get tired being treated like a criminal when you're not. Even if you didn't have a curfew you know they would still stop you because that's how they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Well if they're chasing you they probably have a good reason in most cases.

Sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for a person who steals, is stupid enough to run form the police, and endangers others in his escape. Look at what that idiot did to those news reporters in those helicopters.

Since you didn't answer my question about your background I'm going to assume you're white and well off. What people like you don't realize is that the police are not knights in shining armor. They are regular people who have power over the disinfranchised. Power corrupts absolutely and this is very true for police officers.

Even non criminals run from the police and even fight back because they know that they beat people up, harass them, and many other things with no good reason except enjoying having that kind of power over people.

The Rodney King Beating, the Nigerian man who was held down and sodomized with a plunger by NYU police officers are not rare incidents. Police get away with doing stuff like this all the time.

My brother is reluctant to tell most people he is a cop because he knows how police treat people and other people know this too. Hell I even have a relative who quit the police force because he was disgusted by how they treat people.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jul 28, 2007 at 08:19 PM.

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I've always wanted to jump on an old school Firebird and cause mayhem while on the run from some cops. Of course the fun in that only comes from movies and video games. I would never really attempt it.

But, like some of you said, cops are just doing their jobs. It's better that they try to catch the criminal than to let them go free. In the long run they are preventing future problems to be had from that one criminal. Sorta like how Spiderman let that one robber go. He went on to regret that cuz that robber ended up doing something even worst.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Shadokan- you might get banned for that. You like kind of insulting people people. But i admire you for that. Thats hot.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Why run if you have done nothing wrong? If you have done something wrong and run then you deserve to be chased and if something like that happens then it's nobodys fault but the person that ran! Someone loosing their life is never a good thing but it is also stupid to run from cops! Also most of the time the cops that aduse their power is because of the people who constantly run. After a while it would piss anybody off and make them do things that they normaly wouldn't do. And as far as profiling has to do with it if you have done nothing wrong then they can't do anything to you!!!!!!!!!

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fireandice View Post
    And as far as profiling has to do with it if you have done nothing wrong then they can't do anything to you!!!!!!!!!
    You mean like the Nigerian man I mentioned who investigators later found out commited no crime at all and was held down and sodomized by New York CIty Police Officers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast