+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should Police not chase people ?

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Should Police not chase people ?

Shodokan there are plenty of cases of racial profiling done by police officers. Those "cops" that did it are in the wrong for doing them, but not all officers are the same. You seem to be expressing that all cops will do this. Which is not true. In a way you are sinking down to the level of those same cops by hating all of them.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaf View Post
    Shodokan there are plenty of cases of racial profiling done by police officers. Those "cops" that did it are in the wrong for doing them, but not all officers are the same. You seem to be expressing that all cops will do this. Which is not true. In a way you are sinking down to the level of those same cops by hating all of them.
    It's not even just a few cops abusing their power it's alot of them who do this. I'm the same as those people who held an innocent man down and sodomized them with a plunger? Do I need to point out your lack of logic?

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am not saying you are the same way as in their actions, as you can see I used the words "In a way..." meaning that in some way you were similarly thinking like them and not fully like them. And by thinking I meant the thought of profiling. It seems like you would look at a cop in the same way as a cop might look at someone of, let's say, an ethnic race.

It seems you have a very strong negative perception of police officers. While you are warranted to think what you please, it is truly unfortunate that you think that way. But whatever, I do not know how you live your life and what problems you may have. I will say nothing more on the subject just because of that.

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

both criminals and cops do wrong things but personally I think if they do something wrong to you let it pass in that moment then hire a lawyer and sue the state ... they loose their jobs and you get what revenge you can out of it but if you fight back or run you will always look guilty and your case would never hold up in court even if you were innocent

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Thanks.

Yeah you get tired being treated like a criminal when you're not. Even if you didn't have a curfew you know they would still stop you because that's how they are.

Since you didn't answer my question about your background I'm going to assume you're white and well off. What people like you don't realize is that the police are not knights in shining armor. They are regular people who have power over the disenfranchised. Power corrupts absolutely and this is very true for police officers.

Even non criminals run from the police and even fight back because they know that they beat people up, harass them, and many other things with no good reason except enjoying having that kind of power over people.
    Yes, i'm white, but i'm not rich. Yes the police are human and make mistakes, which come form all the idiots they deals with. Ask your brother ill bet hill tell you its very stressful. It gets to them and they lose it and do the wrong thing. Like profiling and taking it out on non criminals. That why they have internal affairs to weed out the bad cops, or the ones that or no longer good cops.
    The Rodney King Beating, the Nigerian man who was held down and sodomized with a plunger by NYU police officers are not rare incidents. Police get away with doing stuff like this all the time.
    And look how they responded by going and doing the same thing, and beating the crap out of that truck driver who did nothing. What they did to both of them men was wrong. But you don't know what they deal with on a day to day basis. There human and the ones with weak personality's turn to their darkside and we get these incidents. That don't mean all cops are like this. Some are just trying to make an honest living and support their family's.
    It's not even just a few cops abusing their power it's alot of them who do this. I'm the same as those people who held an innocent man down and sodomized them with a plunger? Do I need to point out your lack of logic?
    Then it looks like you city needs to do a better job hiring their police officers. We have nothing like that here, but in the city of St. Louis it might be a different story.

Finally lets get back on the topic at hand, this isn't a topic about corrupt cops. Also keep it civil or you will get an infraction. Right now im being nice, but will go Hassun like real fast if need be.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jul 28, 2007 at 08:34 PM.

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Alot of you have alot of wrong information about the police. It seems to me me most of you guys are middle class white people and have no clue to what you're talking about because you don't deal with police chasing you or anyone you know. The police are generally easy to outrun. I'll break it down into on foot and vehicle.

On foot the police are easy as hell to outrun. Hell even their dogs are easy to outrun. If you want to get away from the police you can. Eating doughnuts all the time doesn't make them tip top shape individuals.
    Even my brother who's a cop says most other police officers aren't in shape at all. If you still don't believe me after mentioning my brother is a cop answer me this: how many police officers will climb into a manhole after someone? I rest my case.

In a vehicle. You can still do it. The factory produced vehicles sold to the police such as the Dodge Charger generally are 340 horsepower. And the Ford produced Police cars are 250 horsepower. Someone who has the skill and powerful car to outrun the police can do so. Besides if your out racing your car at 3a.m. do you really think there will be enough police cars to create a road block?

Miroku that is the most assholish thing you've ever said on AO. And you can go ahead and give me an infraction. Anyone who's a human being knows you desrve to be called an asshole and that includes Dragonball. By the way Miroku can you tell me what ethnicity and financial background you come from?
    Oh and don't say that has nothing to do with this discussion because watching a poor person get run over by a truck and saying he deserves it has everything to do with it.
    he maybe the cops near u are slow the ones near here i are in shape some are not but most are ive seen the chase down someone shoot we have ex afl player that quite just so he could be a cop and ive seen him in gym lifting weights and running cops over here are fast.by the way over here is in orlando flrorida

Newbie RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree with both Miroku and gwenibe. While it's tragic that he died and his loss will hurt those that cared for him, no one made him run. It was his decision alone and he paid a heavy price for it. I won't say that he deserved it, but the metaphore "You reap what you sow" comes to mind. That aside, I've seen this video on spike TV before and I think he's driving an S-10. There's little chance you're going to out run cops in one of those.

"I look forward to continued immaturity followed by death" - Dave Barry
    "There's no such thing as too much power, just too little traction" - Me
    "I love sleep. It's the one place I'm safe from life and all the saddness it brings."

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Woah, how did I miss this thread?
    Well, I agree with shodokan on just about everything...

And Miroku, how could you say that the sacrifice of innocent people's lives is sometimes "worth it" to catch a criminal?! I threw up in mouth a little bit when I read that!

Police chases (in vehicles) are becoming extremely uneccessary. They provide media hype! Just look at the people here who've posted how they enjoy watching them... Thats no good reason to put people in danger.

With all the technology around, all the efforts made to infringe on peoples privacy. To track people through there use of internet, or credit\debit cards. You really think our government can't think of a more tactful way to track a criminal???... HA! What a joke...

I mean look at Britian... they seem to have things under "control":
    Britain plans total electronic surveillance of roads | csmonitor.com

BTW, I do not condone road survailence either, I'm just saying... its possible.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast