+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Should Police not chase people ?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Police not chase people ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Woah, how did I miss this thread?
    Well, I agree with shodokan on just about everything...

And Miroku, how could you say that the sacrifice of innocent people's lives is sometimes "worth it" to catch a criminal?! I threw up in mouth a little bit when I read that!

Police chases (in vehicles) are becoming extremely uneccessary. They provide media hype! Just look at the people here who've posted how they enjoy watching them... Thats no good reason to put people in danger.

With all the technology around, all the efforts made to infringe on peoples privacy. To track people through there use of internet, or credit\debit cards. You really think our government can't think of a more tactful way to track a criminal???... HA! What a joke...

I mean look at Britian... they seem to have things under "control":
    Britain plans total electronic surveillance of roads | csmonitor.com

BTW, I do not condone road surveillance either, I'm just saying... its possible.
    So what do you think we should do let them escape? What if they were just fleeing after they killed there whole family, should we just not chase them? I know sometimes innocent people could get hurt, but when its about catching someone this dangerous, it just has to be. If we don't catch ppl like this way more lives could be in jeopardy, than the ones that could get hurt.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

In a pile up, or multi vehicle collision... several lives can be EASILY taken at once, just due to one wrecklace driver. Let alone the 2 or 3 or 4 wrecklace drivers that are involved in a chase. A serial killer usually picks off one... MAYBE two people at a time. So no... I dont agree with you. Driving wrecklace could cause far more damage. Besides... How many of these people being chased are serial killers? Probably not many... More people get chased over auto-theft, posession.. who knows? The police dont know why they're running until they're stopped. And its usually over something stupid.

Im just saying with all the technology at our fingertips... There isnt any reason why police shouldn't already be two steps ahead.
    Sure, doing so means infringing on privacy.... But hell, our government seems to do a pretty good job of that as it is. If britian has technology to track people... without chasing them in hot persuit... Why don't we? (probably not in our budget, what with the war and all).

Its all politics when you really think about it.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea police shouldn't chase people but on the other hand people shouldn't run from the cops so if people stopped running things like that wouldn't of happened

Do to others as you see fit

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I jus' watched a show 'bout police chases and watched somethin' truly horrifying. A guy stole a full-sized dumptruck and sped through a town, I don' know which one 'cause I missed that part, but the police WEREN' CHASIN' HIM. They hung back 'cause they were hopin' that he'd slow down, so no one would get hurt, but guess what... IT DIDN' WORK. He continued ta speed and ran over a car wit a woman and her two children, thankfully they were alright, he lost control of the dumptruck shortly thereafter and crashed. He was stopped by a fmr. cop's son until the police arrived on the scene. And come ta find out this wasn' the first time an incident like this happend.

Criminals r goin' ta run no matter if cops r chasin' them or not. It's 'cause they know that they've done somethin' wrong and they don' wanna run the risk of gettin' caught for it. So I don' think it's gonna matter either way.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    ok first watch this video i found

death.wmv - Kaneva Video

then ask yuor self this is it safe for police
    to chase teen or even adults? because
    some times the results end like this video
    shows.

and have you known anyone to try and
    outrun the police , for me i think safty
    should come first formost because tragadies
    can be prevented more .

anyway though i would like everyones
    opinon on teens and saftey and if the
    police should give chase like they do knowing
    it could end bad like it does on this video , because
    this guy was so concerned about running he got killed.

The police are in a Catch-22. If they chase the criminals, it can result in dangerous, life-threatening situations, even for innocent civilians. On the other hand, if they don't chase the criminals, there would be an increase in illegal activity.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar theif#1 View Post
    Yea police shouldn't chase people but on the other hand people shouldn't run from the cops so if people stopped running things like that wouldn't of happened
    O.k. But its a criminal. The lack of common sense occured when they did the crime. You can't expect somone who has no tact in life, to all of the sudden make the right decision when the police are threatening to pull them over. Police however should (and could) have a much smarter method of tracking a criminal than driving after them! And really, the criminal isint going to continue driving crazily, at high speeds... IF THERES NO COP BEHIND THEM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4