+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SHTF Loadout

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

SHTF Loadout

Ok, in case of Zombie apocalypse, post-nuclear war, ect, what yould the members of AO bring with them in such a situation? been back for a while, and I havent noticed a thread like this around, so here it goes.

what's your Primary Weapon, sidearm, melee, ect. also, please explain why you made your choices, i dont want this to end up a crappy listing thread...

also, general survival discussion.

My loadout-
    M-14 Has a good removeable magazine, ammunition plentiful in US, semiautomatic, good range, accuracy, and stopping power. a bit heavy, tho.

Glock 17- I say this because 9mm ammo is the most common used. my other choice is a good M1911 .45ACP. if i didnt have to worry about finding ammo at all, i would go for the FN FiveseveN.

Cold Steel Machete- good tool, sturdy, has a sharp edge and a blunt edge.

so what do you guys think? keep it civil, guys.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: SHTF Loadout

Well, it all depends on what yout have lying around. In my case, my father is a carpenter and we use a woodstove for warmth, so we need to chop wood.

Therefore, my main weapon would be and splitting maul. More commonly known, and axe. My preffered axe is lightweaight, ewasy to swing, and sharp. I also have a large pineapple machete that I can use for closer combat.

I have no firearms or ranged weaponry, as I have an archery set but the string is messed up. My parents are both alcohol aficionados, and they klnow their way around drinks, so I know exactly what is flammable and what can cause some damage.

So, in the case of an apocalypse, I would be good for a melee sort of fighter, unless I'm handed a gun. Years of gaming have taught me how to shoot a gun, mainly duckhunt.

I suppose, long story short, I'd be able to give you some excellent hack n' slash, so long as you back me up.
    Why hello there!

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Well then....i`ve been playing our umbrella like swords..so i choose my main weapon was a Katana and a double Handgun well its rapid fire and fast in reloading.....
    Katana well its just small and heavy but good for a melee combat you can kill tons of enemies in tight situation anyways my sidearm weapon woukd be a dagger...........
    slashing enemy would be great in close range combat....
    M4A1 was great though its fire power would be a killing machine......
    well there could be a grenade or something to throw out when there`s a horde of zombies etc....i would choose a HE grenade....plus a post-nuclear war WTF???
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by receiverofhell View Post
    double Handgun well its rapid fire and fast in reloading.....
    Dual handguns are NOT as easy to use as they seem to be in Halo and other video games. it is difficult to hit something with one hand alone, let alone the non-dominant hand, without years of practice. Also, think about how you reload a single semi-automatic pistol, then think about reloading two. it would be more difficult than you think. you could do it with some practice, but it still may not be so practical.

Man, I thought i was the only one who knew what a Maul was? thing weighs a TON dont think i could hit anything with it tho... hatchets are nice tho. i can trow them pretty good.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

So an apocalypse/zombies huh.
    Well....my main weapon would be a Mossberg pump-action riot shotgun. It has a smaller barrel than a normal shot gun which would make is easier to carry with me.
    My sidearm would have to be an SAA. Nice and simple revolver, there is no BS like safeties or worrying about jamming. All I have to do is point and shoot it. A nice and reliable gun.
    My melee would be a Wakizashi. Its just as good of quality as a Katana but it's shorter which would make it less likely to catch on door while it's on my side.

I don't know much of what else I'd have ....besides rations of course
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Newbie Jericho is off to a good start Jericho's Avatar
    Thanks

my zombie survival kit is a nice sachel with a first aid kit, satelite phone, lockpicks, canteens, a towel (the most useful tool in the universe) and a few hundred rounds of ammo for my DE .44mag and ar-15 and a 2-foot steel machette

Newbie kaesong boy is off to a good start
    Thanks

Zombie-invasion? This seems silly.

But in case of this happening, I will use what is called Type-68 gun. Is like "AKM" gun of Russia, but very improved by Korean Army. And, I am trained in this from past Army service, so will be simple to use.

For melee, I like what is called 월도, or in English "crescent-moon sword" (wol do). Is like a long pole with large sword, which gives good reach. This is my favourite of classic-type Korean weapon.

Of course, also will need to carry food and supply. But hopefully no war or zombie-invasion ever happen.

PROUD OF BEING KOREAN
    Hello from DPRK!

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaesong boy View Post
    Zombie-invasion? This seems silly.
    Don;t knock it, dude. I've thought how to defend myself against it for years. In every zombie movie, they are there because of some sort of science thing that humanity has created. I think Zombies are a viable risk!
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast