+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SHTF Loadout

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: SHTF Loadout

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    Mossberg pump-action riot shotgun.
    I love shotguns, and shells are pretty common. i think if i traveled with another person, i might opt for it and hoped they chose the M-14 (or similar). plus, a shotgun is also a useful tool (breaching, ect.) and if it happened to be an apocalypse of the zombie variety, you wouldnt have to aim at the head right off, you could just knock them over with a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    my zombie survival kit is a nice sachel with a first aid kit, satelite phone, lockpicks, canteens, a towel (the most useful tool in the universe) and a few hundred rounds of ammo for my DE .44mag and ar-15 and a 2-foot steel machette
    lol a deagle. at least you said .44 instead of the .50AE (You would NEVER find ammo) Towels are useful, but if this was a global thing (pray this never happens) a Sattelite phone would be worthless. however, if it was more local, it would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by kaesong boy View Post
    But in case of this happening, I will use what is called Type-68 gun. Is like "AKM" gun of Russia, but very improved by Korean Army.
    I am familiar with this weapon. however, i do not know the gun laws in Korea, would it be easy to find ammunition?
    For melee, I like what is called 월도, or in English "crescent-moon sword" (wol do). Is like a long pole with large sword, which gives good reach. This is my favourite of classic-type Korean weapon.
    Similar to a Naginata? that isnt a bad idea, it keeps whatever away from you, but it could become cumbersome when rinning through the woods, especially with your other gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    I think Zombies are a viable risk!
    Well, that's why I made this thread, hopefully we could end up throwing out a few tips so everyone is at least a little more prepared. survival doesnt come from items or stuff you can buy, but things you have learned when going out on your own. Also, it's always just best to be prepared for whatever, be it Zombies, Fallout 3, ect..

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

My weapon would be in my pants and i'll just sit back home masturbating..

Jk Ehh,.. i would head for somewhere with lesser civilization if it were to be in a zombie's case.. live alone with my gf in a small fort somewhere in a vast field... for better detection of course anywhere with no people = lesser zombies.. ^^ thats my theory.. but anything can happen...

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Newbie kaesong boy is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    I am familiar with this weapon. however, i do not know the gun laws in Korea, would it be easy to find ammunition?
    Guns cannot be private owned, but because of everyone must do Army service, almost every adults knows how to use. Ammo and weapons is really easy to get in emergency, there is military bases and stockpile almost in every city and in every place in-between!

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    Similar to a Naginata? that isnt a bad idea, it keeps whatever away from you, but it could become cumbersome when rinning through the woods, especially with your other gear.
    It's true, maybe would be good to also carry machete for cutting plants.

Also many roads leading to large city here have road-block built in. Big cement tower on roadside with explosive can be collapse and creates a wall to help stop invasion. There's many on these on motorways for miles. So from zombie-invasion, maybe Korea will be very safe!

PROUD OF BEING KOREAN
    Hello from DPRK!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaesong boy View Post
    Ammo and weapons is really easy to get in emergency, there is military bases and stockpile almost in every city and in every place in-between!
    Tis sounds like a deathtrap to me. as soon as something really bad happens, everyone is going to go to the nearest one, and start fighting over who gets what and how much. I think i would stay away from those places...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Primary: Sledgehammer
    Secondary: Ball Pein Hammer
    Side: Whatever pistol lying around

Why?
    I'm no fighter, I won't even lie that I'm good with a gun - cuz I ain't, never fired one in my life... yet.
    A sledge may be too heavy to carry around during a zombie invasion, but it has MANY uses... I'd prefer to keep the sledge around in case of any heavy barriers needing a quick opening. The sledge will mainly be used to cripple/topple the zombie down, then crushing the temple, as a weapon. The sledge will mainly be used to break open locks and clearing glass windows in a quickie, as a tool.

Now a ball pein hammer will be my side-arm.
    Why? ...a hammer can break open a head with enough force... it's gonna' be hard, but it's better than being unarmed for me. And with it being fairly portable and quick to pull out, it's my best defense when a zombie's ontop of me. ...not only that, but as a tool, it has endless uses. ...but why a ball pein and not a normal hammer? ... the pein, if sharp, can get stuck within a skull, making a rather... awkward situation. Y'know, trying to pull it out. It's a deadly situation if it's stuck and DIDN'T KILL the zombie. X_x ...stick to blunt ends.

And finally... whatever pistol's lying around. I ain't used a pistol before, and using one at the moment would be fruitless unless the zombie were in RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. But I can't deny the effectiveness of a bullet to the brain, so... ...pistol can't be used much as a tool, but effective in EMERGENCY-EMERGENCY situations.

...now the reason why I chose rather melee-weapons is... I'm not the fighter, I'm the thinker in an emergency. The people around me can handle most of the zombies with their pistols, while I'm stuck with the melee... for 2 reasons:
    1) Since I won't be fighting, I'm a sitting duck. A long-range weapon isn't useful if a zombie gets too close... I'll most likely be constantly looking at maps and trying to figure out where we are.
    2) I like to buy people time... since I'm not the best-of-the-best, I know the best I could do for the group is make time, and give time. ...and a sledgehammer does that fairly well. A GOOD swing, can topple a good amount of zombies, and can easily create obstacles for any incoming zombies. I can't guarantee being able to take out all the zombies, but I sure as hell can buy us the time we need.

...I'd like to post more, but I gotta' go.

Thanks

If you aren't good at fighting, i wouldn't reccommend a sledgehammer. then again, a 4- or 5 pound one (one-handed) wouldn't be as ad as a big 10-12 pounder, it's eaiser to move about. also, what if there aren't zombies, but just raiders running around?
    a badd pein hammer is a good idea tho. i muself would like a hatchet with the ball or a ball pein hammer on the back, that woul be VERY useful.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Didn't mean to say that I'd bring around a huge one.
    But as long as we're talking about "real zombies" a huge one shouldn't be out of the question... since you know, real zombies are still pretty slow. And if they rush in close range, a big sledge can still push one back with a forward thrust to the chest-area.
    And I didn't say I wasn't good at fighting, I said I'm not a fighter. Big difference.

A hatchet is a good idea though... just don't get it stuck on a zombie head. O_O

Ah... right... raiders... forgot to put them into account within a zombie world...
    ... a ballistic-shield sounds good to me for a primary.
    ... there's also Molotov cocktails.
    ... oooh! But there's also smoke grenades!
    ... no wait, I'm not that good at aiming my throws...

...crud, there goes the cocktails and grenades...

Man, in that case the best I'm equipped with is a well-equipped backpack.
    Noise-makers and small smoke grenades would be of better use for me, distraction-stuff.
    Guess I'll have to put a knife with that... a fixed-blade knife of course.
    In a group situation the most I can do is run for cover and getting behind the enemy.

...though if it's not a group-situation and I'm stuck by myself... I could always risk my arms by using a shotgun... *sigh* But there's the reloading... gwar the reloading...

But wait... at this point, I woulda' already booby-trapped the entire building if I knew what was coming. I'm good at setting up traps! ... *sigh* But that'll take so long... hopefully I'm in, at most, a 3-story building.
    ...but if they get passed those... shoot...
    A taser would be useful IF I get close enough. :/
    D@mn... wish I were good with a gun at this point. Even an unloaded shotgun would be helpful at this point. :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2