+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shyness: How do you deal with it?

Newbie Kenshinzen is off to a good start Kenshinzen's Avatar
    Thanks

Shyness: How do you deal with it?

I'm not sure where this should go, but since its quite awkward I'm posting it here.
    I have a problem. I'm cronically shy. Seriously. And now I have a bigger problem: I kind of need to get over this. Reason: I'm tempted to ask someone out (please don't start on that. Its awkward enough as is). Anyway I'm after some advice about getting over the whole shyness, cannot talk, wanting to do-a-runner (English term for: run and hide) and I'm asking you people for it.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
    House Hermit No.1 - Thankyou, may I ahve another?

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shyness: How do you deal with it?

I have to say that is a problem now huh. I can say that I was in your postion and still am however I am forcing myself to overcome this shy problem that I have. I would say that it's hard for me to talk to anyone in person than online. My advice is just try to overcome this and see where that step takes you and work from there. I hope this helps you out.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree, it's a lot easier to talk to people online than it is to in Life. much easier. The way I see, if you think of the rewards you could obtain by him/her saying "Yes", you'll be more determined to ask and forget of the shyness. Whether or not the person says "Yes" is an entirely different thing though...Just wish for luck.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinzen View Post
    I'm not sure where this should go, but since its quite awkward I'm posting it here.
    I have a problem. I'm cronically shy. Seriously. And now I have a bigger problem: I kind of need to get over this. Reason: I'm tempted to ask someone out (please don't start on that. Its awkward enough as is). Anyway I'm after some advice about getting over the whole shyness, cannot talk, wanting to do-a-runner (English term for: run and hide) and I'm asking you people for it.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
    I am so shy it's not even funny. My friends can attest to this.

Loving the theatre as I do, I deal with it by pretending to be more of an extrovert. It's not easy, but I smile and laugh and speak when I have something to say.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

You may want to try having a good friend with you to help give you the courage when you need it. Plus it tends to make things less awkward.

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I used to be shy. My parents and teachers were getting worried. I was going to be put in Special Education because I never talked in school at all. I would stay in the corner away from anyone. I think I remember them writting down, "Stacey may have to be put into a special education program instead of a general class. She is dramatically anti-social; it may be due to the incapability to understand and obtain the english language."

Gosh, I was born in Jamaica, lol. We speak English, lol. But anyways, I wasn't put into Special Ed. Being shy sucks so you have to put yourself out there. Don't try anything stupid of course. Just start singing out loud with your friends when your walking in the hallway or something. That's one way I started to get over my shyness.

Just say and do random things in public. They laugh and stare, you feel awkward but if you have your friends around you, you'll seem confident. Works all the time. Good luck, kid.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

I agree with having a friend around when you have to be push. Also when you are about to talk to the girl think about the place where you feel the must confident. Back in high school I was some what shy but when it came to soccer I felt like I was "the greatest player ever" So I always talked to the girls that played soccer. So just think positive

Oh by the way I'm still the greatest!
    Last edited by syd; Sep 14, 2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

If your wanting to ask this girl out, do you have a sister or somebody you could practice on? This might help overcome your shyness?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast