+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shyness: How do you deal with it?

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shyness: How do you deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinzen View Post
    (please don't start on that. Its awkward enough as is).
    well theres the root of ur problem, ur not very experience in the ways of awkwardness.

for starters i think shyness comes around with not being able to handle awkward situation. so to help over come shyness i think u should just become more boisterous. i think saying something random out loud helps every now and then. (trust me it helps, but umm very embarrassing. but the less embarrassed u get the less shy u become.)

when it all come down to it, u gotta push urself to do things ur not use on doing. push urself out of ur own comfort zone (friends usually can help with this).

but the best trick i've ever learned to get over my own shyness is don't think, just act. and regret it later, but doing something its always better than doin nothing at all. thats the first step to conquer shyness.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude 101 hit the nail on the head, I know how it is for one who is real shy. I used ta b that way myself and it isn' easy. Jus' do some things that put u outta ur comfort zone, I useta work-out evryday, and lift weights, 'fore my cancer. I wasn' big, but I was cut. I had this great six-pack that I would show the ladies, I know it seems a little arrogant; but I was tryin' ta work through my own shyness at the time. My point is, that u have ta push urself through ur own shyness and in ur own way. Each of the suggestions here r all good, but none of them may work for u. So u'll haveta find ur own way, jus' work on it. There's "nothin' ta it, but ta do it."

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

I have Asperger's, so I know a lot about shyness. Try to force yourself to be around large groups of people. They may be loud, but you won't makes friends if you can't handle being around large groups of people. I don't know if you have that certain problem, but I do.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

I know how you feel..i can be that way sometimes too...but the way i got over mine was that i talked to people..a little at time,then i became more open..like you can talk to us...

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

haha yeah i know what u mean im the same myself ><

with my ex it was soo werd cos he tryed things and he kept askin me was i shy i didnt know that ether even tho i was the one who told him i liked him

if u cant get over it ask people how know him/her and see do they feel the same and if not wright a poem or letter to tell them how u feel or even a text ^__^ i hope it works out well

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Luckily some people out grow it with age. I was shy when i was a kid, now im not shy at all.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally i think that shyness is a matter of confidence....that is all, if your not confident in yourself, you will be somewhat shy

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie Kenshinzen is off to a good start Kenshinzen's Avatar
    Thanks

First time I've had a chance to go through all your replies. And simply out: you guys (and gals) rock! Seriously, I bow to you all.
    Okay, and now onto a few points. 1: posting online to people half way around the world is actually quite easy. I'm not shy about that (mainly because I dont see you, etc). Secondly: I have grown a bit in the last 6 months to be able to stand being around a group of people on a night out (sort of).
    The problem is that its only her I'm shy around. That and I have the joy of living in a cave. Or, to put it better: I don't like people. Really, this is the main problem, but being shy just happens to be a bonus. And now I'm rambling.

Okay, I'm back. The advice you have all given is great. As are some of the points also (confidence being brought up) and I'll take them all to heart and possibly get something out of it. Again, I thank you.
    House Hermit No.1 - Thankyou, may I ahve another?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast