Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick of hearing about God

Newbie evil_neko_youkai may be famous one day evil_neko_youkai may be famous one day
    I'm not in Michigan anymore.....that means I'm getting closer to you
    Thanks

Re: Sick of hearing about God

I think you have the right to believe in what you want. Noone has the right to judge you because of something like that. People have the right to their own opinion.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

What the hell college are you going to? I'm sure most of the people at my college are borderline Atheist. I am a supporter of Darwin. My religious beliefs are that the Ten Commandments are God's true word and the bible is merely book made by (and in many cases changed by) man and borderline blasphemy in that people craft religions centered around it (worshipping false idols anyone?)

But for the record, those who attempt to cast their beliefs upon others or those who condem others for having different beliefs are the true scumbags. I am all for letting the masses do as they please so long as it does not infringe upon the rights of others.

And by masses I mean those who are adults, once you have finished cognitive development you are free to excersize your will.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

my opinion is that those who are christian and condemn those who
    aren't are casting the first stone ,that's going against the bible if
    there so bent on
    being so holier than thou, i would just walk and let them go to hell
    with the cynical behaviour they have.

Its no wonder people hate Christians because of some of the attitudes
    they have i mean no where in the bible does say Jesus did any of that he never
    forced his beliefs on anyone ,people today do it for show not faith because
    faith died alone time ago the church is just a figure head now you can
    scream and yell all you want that it isnt, but this thread proves it among
    other things that happen off line.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LouisaDeztini View Post
    You had gotta be kidding me. Those are NOT, I repeat, NOT true Christians at all! Yes, we may be believers of God, but that absolutely those not give them the right to call you “scumbag, dirtbag, filth, vermin”. In fact, by doing so, it shows how much they know of God. They might as well be a non-believer. Tell them to go think on whether Jesus would do such stuff. They probably can’t even think of something solid. As Christians, we are to reflect Jesus. Seriously, they are degrading themselves to nothing but “vermin” as they so ‘righteously’ put it. Tell them to go re-think their lives, as they, from their current situation, are going to hell. They may go to church, say their prayers blah, blah, blah. But that is not what guarantees them passage to heaven. They have to uphold His word at all times possible. Calling you “scumbag, dirtbag, filth, vermin” will definitely not help them at all. They ought not be a stumbling block in your life. They, ought not force the Word of God onto you. So the next time they go on with their thrash, tell them to come face off with me. And I’ll do my best to show them their ways, AND make them repent. If they don’t dare, they are cowards and nothing better than “scumbag, dirtbag, filth, vermin”. I truly sympathize with you; I have had fake believers thinking that I am an non-believer giving a truckload of garbage. They have to be dealt with a firm hand and have to be made to see how side-tracked they are. Though it usually takes ages… ^^
    I’m looking forward to sorting that lot out, if you like. It would please me to no end to rid the world of them.

I second this!! I mean Ello! They have no right as a CHRISTIAN (Which means CHRIST LIKE) to be treating you in that sort of fashion. The Nerve! The very Nerve!
    I myself am a Christian that is ever striving for my Lord and I am sorry but doing that is just nonsense in God's book. Foolish. Ahhhhhhh Thats insane >.<

Anyhow, Know this Toecutter, Well actually just know what LouisaDeztini has already stated ^.^

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    Is there anyone else who thinks this way, or do I have to deal with a bunch of heathen-stoning Christians and pot-smoking atheists?
    Have you considered becoming agnostic? I find them to be much less likely to judge then the athiests I've known.

I would say you have probably classified the two groups very nicely though. When I was in University there were certain classes that you avoided unless you wanted to be taught that atheism was the only one true way. I am a little surprised you ran into the "heathen-stoning Christians" however. Usually the fundamentalists don't have alot of sway on campuses.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    So, wait.....If I said anything against christians....It's called flaming?
    No, but insulting all Christians with a broad brush because you have been offended by a few is. You just provided a good example of that. Congratulations.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

At the same time, the atheists keep nagging me about how religious and anti-separation of Church and State I am for believing in the Ten Commandments, and saying "under God" in the Pledge of Alliegance. Can't these idiots get it through their puny minds that I don't believe in God, but because I'm a decent human being with a reasonable intellect, I choose to show my loyalty to my nation's Founders with the Pledge, and follow Judeo-Christian morals because they make sense?
    First off, I want to say thank you. This is probably the nicest thing I have ever heard an atheist say. Respect in any form should always be appreciated and shown proper respect.

Second, you must be somewhere in the deep south, that's all I can think of. I'm a Mormon, not a protestant Christian, and I spent two years in N. Carolina as a LDS missionary. I got the exact same treatment. It's not just you. There are Christians that honestly believe that if you don't believe exactly the way they do you go strait to hell...it doesn't matter if you believe in Christ or not. As a matter of fact, one of my mission companions had a sister that belonged to the Church of Christ. Her congregations absolutely believed that only THEIR church of Christ would be saved, every other person on the planet would to go hell...including other members of the Church of Christ that did not belong to their congregation. Your get all types in every religion.

Your relationship with God is your concern and only your concern. While I personally would hope that some day you would be converted to Christianity, I'd also be the first to defend your decision not to. I honestly wish you luck at your College and hope that things really improve for you.

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

I'm actually going to a small state university (by small, I mean 5,000 students in total), and the majority of them are from very small, very rural towns. However, even when I went to a couple large scale universities (we're talking 18,000-20,000 students), the Christians still held the majority. Even the worst sinning, partying frat boys and the girls they banged on the weekend just for kicks were hard core believers.

But now, I'm trying a relationship with a girl from the Pentecostal sect, and ugh... it's just a nightmare. She apparently has no problem with my beliefs, but she keeps claiming God does, and that she can't be with someone who doesn't know the Truth (gotta love how Christians like to capitalize words when they're supposed to be significant, right?).

Why can't she just come out and say that she has a problem with it herself, and not hide behind the expectations of her God?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    Why can't she just come out and say that she has a problem with it herself, and not hide behind the expectations of her God?
    Because it is not that simple. If you truly believe in God then you believe that he is an entity with his own expectations and rules. It is perfectly possible to have different personal beliefs seperate from what you believe that God wants. It's inconceivable if you think a belief in God is simply a personal veiw rather then a seperate entity/creator. Yet there it is.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast