Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick of hearing about God

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sick of hearing about God

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    All I've dealt with since I arrived at college is the majority of Christians insulting me for two years straight, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, about how much of a scumbag I am (yes, they actually use the terms scumbag, dirtbag, filth, vermin, etc) for being an atheist.

I'm so sick of hearing about God, I'd gladly shoot myself in the head, or hang myself from the 3rd floor dorm catwalk, just so they couldn't whine to me about how I'm going to hell (since I would already be on the way).

At the same time, the atheists keep nagging me about how religious and anti-separation of Church and State I am for believing in the Ten Commandments, and saying "under God" in the Pledge of Alliegance. Can't these idiots get it through their puny minds that I don't believe in God, but because I'm a decent human being with a reasonable intellect, I choose to show my loyalty to my nation's Founders with the Pledge, and follow Judeo-Christian morals because they make sense?

Is there anyone else who thinks this way, or do I have to deal with a bunch of heathen-stoning Christians and pot-smoking atheists?

you have obviously never met a true christian. a true christian would ask you your stadnpoint on God, and accept it as it is. only "scumbags" would do what you are describing. you should either ignore them, or if you really want to throw them for a loop; qoute scripture, even if it isn't your style it would make their heads spin like tops .

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    you have obviously never met a true christian. a true christian would ask you your stadnpoint on God, and accept it as it is. only "scumbags" would do what you are describing. you should either ignore them, or if you really want to throw them for a loop; quote scripture, even if it isn't your style it would make their heads spin like tops .
    I agree totally i they are not asking your perspective of God, they are wrong, we are here to help the lost but not in a harassing way.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i hate to say this but my grandpa would fall under the category our friend, toecutter, mentioned. he honestly doesn't mean to, but he constantly preaches AT pplz. it's OK to preach in church, but he brings it home to people he KNOWS are christians and tries to correct us (especially my love of anime) but ya, Toecutter needs to meet a real christian somewhere around him... it may even convert him.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah he does need to meet a real one, its an amazing experience, i think it'll scare him at first, but as i said God will find him as he finds us all, as he found me at the age of 13, I've been a Christian since then, I have slipped but havent we all?

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Toecutter if it bothers you so much why do you care? :/ I mean if you don't believe in God then you really shouldn't care what a person that believes in God says to you. You could tell them that if they care so much why don't they look in a mirror for name calling, God doesn't like for his children to be name callers now... I'm sure they would see that ;/

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Thanks

Thats true it says in the Bible that we are not to judge another, only God can do that.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    All I've dealt with since I arrived at college is the majority of Christians insulting me for two years straight, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, about how much of a scumbag I am (yes, they actually use the terms scumbag, dirtbag, filth, vermin, etc) for being an atheist.

I'm so sick of hearing about God, I'd gladly shoot myself in the head, or hang myself from the 3rd floor dorm catwalk, just so they couldn't whine to me about how I'm going to hell (since I would already be on the way).

At the same time, the atheists keep nagging me about how religious and anti-separation of Church and State I am for believing in the Ten Commandments, and saying "under God" in the Pledge of Alliegance. Can't these idiots get it through their puny minds that I don't believe in God, but because I'm a decent human being with a reasonable intellect, I choose to show my loyalty to my nation's Founders with the Pledge, and follow Judeo-Christian morals because they make sense?

Is there anyone else who thinks this way, or do I have to deal with a bunch of heathen-stoning Christians and pot-smoking atheists?
    I find your words a bit much, I mean it all boils down to no matter what someone says to you...or how often...it is still your beliefs...or lack there of that is important. But equally important is your openness to hear what they say...think on it and either strengthen your current beliefs or maybe change them...

I mean in the same respect I could say I myself am very much "sick of a bunch of atheists telling me God doesn't exist." Seriously as a college student I have heard more time then I care for from several professors and students that "God doesn't exists" & I do live in the Bible Belt. It seems my college is very atheistic and while I do listen to their words...it only makes my beliefs stronger (no offense...but the atheists I have dealt with know NOTHING on the Bible yet they are very willing to tell me how wrong it is ) and just for the record...I have not brought up the subject of religion and I was not in religion classes..so who is forcing the subject on who? Just something to think about.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Nah, i don't really mind hearing about "God". God is something that is either taught to us by our parents or we learned along the way. I think that having a supreme being in our society creates a balance between the bad and good things that we can do. If it wasn't for that thought that there is a supreme being watching our every steps we would be murdering whoever we want.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast