+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sin

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    The debate is, do you think the world deserves punishment for all the destruction and ruin the people have caused?
    Not possible even such a goal was desired.
    Who would judge it? You'd need to find the perfect being.

Besides you have to take into account that sins are subjective. And then you get into moral vs amoral or my favorite right vs wrong.

But for sake of the topic, I don't think people should be punished for their 'sins'. Life is pretty funny in that life has a strange way of reaching equilibrium and finding ways to bite you on the butt for [ast transgressions.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Y'know it's funny. I've been playing FFX recently and I was thinking the exact same thing, LOL. I often wonder what life would be like if we had a destructive entity like Sin around to punish us for our actions.

I think it would teach humans to value their lives a bit more. Not only that, but there wouldn't be so much corruption in the world (though I don't think it'll go away).
    No it willn ot go away because too many people like me will only stop being wicked when we rest, until then the hell raising continues.

Otaku itano123 is off to a good start itano123's Avatar
    Right behind the people that call me EMO with a knife
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    No it willn ot go away because too many people like me will only stop being wicked when we rest, until then the hell raising continues.
    thinking of people who belive in hell there would be a whole lot of people there inclouding me. alot of people i know would not atone if that happend
    if only the knew the tue meaning of destiny

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I would be a little ticked off for being punished for "sins" others were committing. And that would make me hate most of the human race more so than I already do.

I don't believe in sin. I believe in good and evil. There are those who are disgusting wastes of flesh and they shouldn't exist on this earth. Murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc. People who steal and destroy lives. That to me is evil. Then there are people who just go about their lives being rude and selfish, and they are contributing to that too. The people who have no respect for anyone, and only care for themselves. They make me very angry, because I have to deal with idiots like that on a daily basis. (T_T)

Atonement? I don't believe in that either. You either live your life as a decent human, or you don't.

Though, I really think something like Sin wouldn't get people to change. And that's the sad part. I think people would use the chaos that ensues from this "punishment" to take advantage of others.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spike'sRose For This Useful Post:

Artistic Anarchy (Aug 31, 2009), atomik_sprout (Sep 02, 2009)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    You're right! Corruption will not go away, but not because "wicked people won't stop til they rest" but, because every human has free will and has temptation lurking around every corner, at every second in our lives. This is the second time I've seen you refer to yourself as "wicked". Define wicked.

Everyone thinks that someone else is evil/wicked at least once in their lives. Moral vs. Amoral; like Tula said. You may think you're wicked, but what if you died and went to heaven? What if you just stayed in purgatory?

Either way, if that's what you think you are, that's what you think you are. But remember: The energy you put forth is that which you receive so, be careful how you choose to live. Also, I'd like to think that corruption and wickedness are two separate things all together. Example: You can be a corrupt cop and still do a lot of good in your city. In that case, you'd be like the pot-head cop, or the cop who just kills those who commit heinous crimes then plant evidence on them. At least the city's gettin' cleaner!

If you were wicked, you'd be somethin' like a rouge cop, kidnapper or a mass murderer. If you were wicked, chances are that nobody would want to waste their time with you in fear of preserving their own lives or staying out of trouble. But, now I'm straying from the topic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Spike'sRose (Sep 02, 2009)

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Indeed, being wicked means you've done some pretty heinous stuff. No matter what your view is on good, evil, sin, etc... Wicked has a pretty profound meaning.

I thought about this the other day... Sort of going along with what I said before... But I think a punishment like Sin would depend on who is dishing it out. What if it's some deity that not everyone blieves in? I don't belive in that deity, so would I still be have to take it? If it's some other force, and I chose not to acknowledge it, what would that mean? And I know that someone will say, "Well if it's God then you HAVE to believe it."

Not really... If it were God (or some other deity, really) then that means that there is every possibilty my particular deities exist. O_o Beacuse I refuse to take punishment for something I didn't add to.

Then I suppose that would be the point of Sin or something similar - For you to reflect on what is wrong with the world, and for the good to stand up and make change.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

The thing is, lots of people (The OP included) talk about how war is bad, nothing ever comes good of it, the world is a horrible place, we screwed up, ect.

truth is, yeah, a lot of people bring down the rest of us, but people are learning from the mistakes of past wars. oh, and, by the way, most of the world's most important inventions came about as a result of wars. Pennicillin, Aircraft, Freeze-dried meals, Automobiles, and even the humble yo-yo owe a lot of or all their development to wartime.

If you ask me, the main cause of war is religion. as long as there are certain religions who can't "play nice" with the others, there will always be some "Holy War" of "Jihad" or "Crusade".

tl;dnr War has helped mankind more than Religion has.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    The thing is, lots of people (The OP included) talk about how war is bad, nothing ever comes good of it, the world is a horrible place, we screwed up, ect.

truth is, yeah, a lot of people bring down the rest of us, but people are learning from the mistakes of past wars. oh, and, by the way, most of the world's most important inventions came about as a result of wars. Pennicillin, Aircraft, Freeze-dried meals, Automobiles, and even the humble yo-yo owe a lot of or all their development to wartime.

If you ask me, the main cause of war is religion. as long as there are certain religions who can't "play nice" with the others, there will always be some "Holy War" of "Jihad" or "Crusade".

tl;dnr War has helped mankind more than Religion has.
    I admit to be one of those "war haters" Ochi is speaking of.

As much as I dread the thought of war, I agree with Ochi 100%. We've learned more from past wars than the bible, koran or any other religious book can teach us. Religion and spirituality can only take one so far. You eventually have to learn the ways of the world in order for those two things to work for you and provide some sort of balance within one's self. If it wasn't for war, we wouldn't have scientists trying to get us to the moon back in the 60s. If memory serves correct, we used German scientists for the most part and those scientists were brought here from Germany after WWII. *Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast