+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sin

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    The thing is, lots of people (The OP included) talk about how war is bad, nothing ever comes good of it, the world is a horrible place, we screwed up, ect.

truth is, yeah, a lot of people bring down the rest of us, but people are learning from the mistakes of past wars. oh, and, by the way, most of the world's most important inventions came about as a result of wars. Pennicillin, Aircraft, Freeze-dried meals, Automobiles, and even the humble yo-yo owe a lot of or all their development to wartime.

If you ask me, the main cause of war is religion. as long as there are certain religions who can't "play nice" with the others, there will always be some "Holy War" of "Jihad" or "Crusade".

tl;dnr War has helped mankind more than Religion has.
    *raises hand* I'm a war hater too! lol But I also agree fully with this point.

The good things that came out of war are always overshadowed by the horrible things that come from it... Death and destruction outweigh these amazing achievements. >.<

Perhaps in a situation like with Sin, there would be more inventions, ideas, scientific advancements, etc... *shrug*

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly a warmonger either, lots of people die in wars. and usually, wars are fought for needless reasons, and lots of people die and loos things on both sides (I can think of SEVERAL useless wars right off the top of my head)

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly a warmonger either, lots of people die in wars. and usually, wars are fought for needless reasons, and lots of people die and loos things on both sides (I can think of SEVERAL useless wars right off the top of my head)
    War isn't my only point, there is selfishness and ignorance that plague this planet and it's getting tedious. Violence, corruption, hate, and........littering need to stop. But seriously, maybe if 2012 or 2036 happens it will be just what the planet needs. =)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    War isn't my only point, there is selfishness and ignorance that plague this planet and it's getting tedious. Violence, corruption, hate, and........littering need to stop. But seriously, maybe if 2012 or 2036 happens it will be just what the planet needs. =)
    Honestly, I don't think it would take the end of the world (or Sin for that matter) to teach us a lesson. I think it would take one major, world changing event. Like an meteor hitting the planet or something. Some kind of event that takes about a quarter of Earth's population would be sufficient enough, in my opinion. Think about it. A quarter of the people on this planet--BOOM!--gone. That's one out of every four people. If one of every four people left AO right now, we'd be short quite a few members. I'm sure that would teach us to value our lives more and to respect the planet a bit more.

Otaku itano123 is off to a good start itano123's Avatar
    Right behind the people that call me EMO with a knife
    Thanks

wait about 50 years globle warming would have happend by then (half of the land underwater and billions of lives lost) that will be the disaster
    if only the knew the tue meaning of destiny

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't say billions, but yes a great deal of lives will be lost.

Otaku itano123 is off to a good start itano123's Avatar
    Right behind the people that call me EMO with a knife
    Thanks

well it will be atleast a billion seem as the arias that will be afected are highly populated. i hope knowone lives in the niverlands (or watever) because if global warming doesnt stop the whole place goes byby heheheee
    if only the knew the tue meaning of destiny

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd would absolutely trip balls if some crazy, pulsating helldemon just showed up and started like, blasting up earth with weirdo powers and stuff. However my ass is glued to my chair, which is in the real world, so I know scary business like Sin would never happen.

If it did, I'd be damned if I didn't hurry and get a summoner and blitz ace in my party n.n

Usually I try to lead a.. decent life. As in, I apply morals to my beliefs and judgments. I consider it alright to steal things you need if you don't have the cash to pay, and that extends well beyond food. If the basis of a decent life revolves around the ten commandments, which is pretty well the best definition of decency imo, then I guess maybe I haven't lead such a wholesome life.

But I'm not Christian so it's all good xD
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3