+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Single Parent

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Single Parent

Has anyone else been there just with a mother or father (being of opposite gender or same) and how has it affected your like.

My father left before birth sometimes it stabs but hey whats life without the pain right? I feel like it gave me the strength to know the world is full of evil and to push right through to the top, my mom tried her hardest to make me a man but she couldn't teach me everything that's something I had to always had too mr miyagi myself.

Listen to your heart and follow through. Wax on wax off.

Old man in the young man, help me learn.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

Re: Single Parent

My mom was a single parent. I never once met my father. Apparently, he was a lying, cheating, jerk who had multiple wives. So..yeah. >_> Don't mind being raised just by my mom. Made me a very independent woman.

My brother is a single parent, too. He's currently 23, his wife cheated on him and basically said "I don't want it anymore, you take it" and left my nephew with him. My brother is taking care of his two year old, going to college, and work. I'm trying to figure out how in the hell he does it . D:

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    My mom was a single parent. I never once met my father. Apparently, he was a lying, cheating, jerk who had multiple wives. So..yeah. >_> Don't mind being raised just by my mom. Made me a very independent woman.

My brother is a single parent, too. He's currently 23, his wife cheated on him and basically said "I don't want it anymore, you take it" and left my nephew with him. My brother is taking care of his two year old, going to college, and work. I'm trying to figure out how in the hell he does it . D:
    Sounds like your mom is a good woman.

Your big bro can do it because he loves his son, you can do anything with love

THE RULES!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Violent For This Useful Post:

Nocturne (Oct 18, 2010)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

My father was never around--not even during my birth. I suppose he was being a chicken (at least that's what I hear when he tells me his side of things). So, I never knew he existed until I was almost twenty-one years old. My mom raised me on her own, for the most part. She got married to my brother and sister's dad, who I thought was my father until the divorce and my mom told me the truth. I still call him dad and, when I was younger, he'd still take me on weekends with my other siblings and throw me birthday parties and all that. But, my mom was still the single parent, so-to-speak. She had us practically all the time and worked a full-time job to boot. Eventually, when I was in high school, she'd end up juggling the three of us, working full-time AND college. On top of it all, she ended up getting pregnant and having another girl, my baby sister, Grace. So, she's still doin' the single parent thing (even though she said she wasn't gonna have any more kids after my younger brother, LOL) and doesn't have any regrets.

She asked me a few weeks ago if I felt like she didn't raise me right or if I felt like she wasn't doing a good job as a mother and all I could tell her was, "Mom, you did your best. You made sure we were fed, clothed and had a roof over our heads. You kept us in the books, even though I didn't want to be half the time and you made sure we weren't like those other jerks on the street. What more could I ask for?" She smiled and said, "You don't have to lie," LOL. It's funny. I had to spend ten minutes assuring my mom that I was being sincere. ^_^

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I was raised for a time by my single mother. And being parent now in a two parent family I have absolutely no idea how people do this alone. I could not do it. I would be absolutely bonkers. No joke.
    My mom was not the best mom. When I was younger she was emotionally abusive and she was a drug addict. As a teenager I often wondered why I ever left my grandparents house. As an adult I realize things weren't always what I thought they were and that my judgment was unfair. She was still all those things it just wasn't fair for me to hold them against her because I didn't know or understand the situation. She really did do the best that she could to deal with the life she had.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Thanks

Yea I don't understand how my mom raised three boys either now that I think about it. I think it effected me in a great way because now when I see a child I think to myself if he or she were my child I'd be there no matter what, it really warms my heart.

I'm gonna give my mom a big hug and tell her I love her more often now.

THE RULES!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violent For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 19, 2010), bratling (Oct 18, 2010)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Yea I don't understand how my mom raised three boys either now that I think about it. I think it effected me in a great way because now when I see a child I think to myself if he or she were my child I'd be there no matter what, it really warms my heart.

I'm gonna give my mom a big hug and tell her I love her more often now.
    I've often been amazed at the fact that my mom and other single mothers actually pull it off. My mom did a damn good job, in my opinion (I can't really speak for other people's mom's, LOL). My mom was raised by a single mom too. My granny had tons of strength and had to deal with my rowdy uncles and my mom. >_< Though, my granny was a bit more hard core than my ma was, from what I'm told.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I've often been amazed at the fact that my mom and other single mothers actually pull it off. My mom did a damn good job, in my opinion (I can't really speak for other people's mom's, LOL). My mom was raised by a single mom too. My granny had tons of strength and had to deal with my rowdy uncles and my mom. >_< Though, my granny was a bit more hard core than my ma was, from what I'm told.
    Parents always say that. But I really don't think it's a fair judgment honestly. Because times change and what is appropriate and the necessary survival skills change. In the fifties things were very different then they are today so of course parenting will have been a different battle.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast