+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Single Parent

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Single Parent

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I've often been amazed at the fact that my mom and other single mothers actually pull it off. My mom did a damn good job, in my opinion (I can't really speak for other people's mom's, LOL). My mom was raised by a single mom too. My granny had tons of strength and had to deal with my rowdy uncles and my mom. >_< Though, my granny was a bit more hard core than my ma was, from what I'm told.
    Tough love, sounds like you're granny went through battles too. We listen to make sure the next move will be the best.

In the fifties things were very different then they are today so of course parenting will have been a different battle.
    I think it was a different lifestyle but everything is still the same its just a cycle and that's the battle breaking it.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Tough love, sounds like you're granny went through battles too. We listen to make sure the next move will be the best.

I think it was a different lifestyle but everything is still the same its just a cycle and that's the battle breaking it.
    Saying everything the same to me seems really narrow minded and incorrect. In the fifties they didn't worry about texting, or cyber bullying or the over use of information or being stalked by freaks on the internet, or sexting or any of that, what's the same? That parents worry about their kids, that they want the best for kids and that both parties make a lot of mistakes.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bratling For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 20, 2010)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I was raised by both parents.... But I myself am now a single mother of two boys. It makes me angry sometimes. It feels.... wrong Like I've neglected to provide them with that vital other parent. Especially that male figure I tend to think my boys need.

But.... then I think about all the conflicts coupling can cause. I remember feeling like, at times, a significant other can just add to the load.

So... I chalk it up to fate, or destiny. I may be a lacking single parent, but everything is the way it is for a reason. Maybe what I see as a failure to provide, may give them a calloused strength that they will use to excel one day
    ... Not Ever Again...

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    Saying everything the same to me seems really narrow minded and incorrect. In the fifties they didn't worry about texting, or cyber bullying or the over use of information or being stalked by freaks on the internet, or sexting or any of that, what's the same? That parents worry about their kids, that they want the best for kids and that both parties make a lot of mistakes.
    Are you sure about that? Everything you said happened back then, just technology makes things faster.

Sexting (letters), stalking happened, bullying happened (a bad example but it was worse back then gay bashing).

Don't think things aren't the same lol cause my mom says just cause life may seem different nothing has really changed.

Its when you break the cycle that is everything, that will make the out of box happen.

THE RULES!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Are you sure about that? Everything you said happened back then, just technology makes things faster.

Sexting (letters), stalking happened, bullying happened (a bad example but it was worse back then gay bashing).

Don't think things aren't the same lol cause my mom says just cause life may seem different nothing has really changed.

Its when you break the cycle that is everything, that will make the out of box happen.

Good point. My mom had me when she was sixteen. There are sixteen year olds today that are havin' babies and makin' the same mistakes that our parents made. Things just took more time to accomplish as far as technology is concerned. Maybe morals and values were different back in the 50s/60s but most of todays problems are no different than back in the day.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Violent (Oct 20, 2010)

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Good point. My mom had me when she was sixteen. There are sixteen year olds today that are havin' babies and makin' the same mistakes that our parents made.
    My only gripe with technology now with most young parents is that it helps them become a bit more apathetic. Not saying that all young mothers do that. Hell, my cousin had her first child at 15 and she is an amazing mother! Though, I know a bunch of other mothers who had a child at a young age and use their age as an excuse for improper parenting.

For example, my foster-mother's god child is 5 years old. Her mother spends her entire day :sleeping, texting, myspace, listening to music, then going out with her friends. The little girl doesn't even see her mother and plays with grandma all day while her mother sleeps(She only goes out at night to party). Her excuse is that she's 21, and that her child ruined her teenage-childhood, so it's okay to be selfish and ignore her daughter.It was to the point where she was neglecting the child so terribly that her grandmother took custody.

One time, her mom was asleep and the five year old gashed her hand open with glass that fell. While getting the stitches, screaming and crying for a hug, her mother proceeded to text her friends and giggle at the messages.

>_> I actually took her aside and hit her so bloody hard... I was so infuriated. Nurses and security saw, and the only thing they said was that she deserved it, but not to have it happen again or I could get arrested.

Sorry, just needed to rant about poor parenting for a moment. I digress. Back to the statement on life being equal. Even if it were in the 50's I'm pretty sure she would do the same thing, just in different method. So I agree with Violent on the statement. Life hasn't changed, we're just in a different environment now.

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

Thanks

She needs to shit or get off the pot Nocturne, just be there for her and show her and maybe she will realize slowly.

Yes we are in a total different generation the social network lol ours is a funny one.

THE RULES!

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a father and a mother, both still active in my life.

My father was not in my life for a while when I was young, and it hurt me, but there was nothing I could do to bring him back. My mother was mad at him, and I all I wanted was him to come home. I was raised as my father's little princess. My needs came before everyone else. My wants were required. I was daddy's little girl, and still I'm.

My life changed when my father was not around anymore. So I had to learn to live with only my mothers rules. I became a tomboy and put away girlish ways. I guess you can say I am still a little diva at heart, but it got me beat up to much talking my mind, and my attitude still angers many.

When I became a tomboy, I figure it was time for my to protect my mother from other men that maybe trying to get with her. I've gotten rid of so many boyfriends. My mother dated so much while my father was away. I guess you could say I don't care what my father does now.

They are not married anymore, but that's not my business either or. What they do with there life has nothing to do with mine. As long as they both love me and want the best for me than I am all right.

Sadly, I am the type of women that wouldn't care of being a single mother. I'd rather have 100% of the say on how my child is brought up. I am not really into sharing. I probably wouldn't tell the guy I was PG anyway. I know I am a awful person and very selfish. I don't even want kids. I am nice to them, but that's to much responsibility I don't want. If it happened and its a boy? I may have more fear since single mother's with boys is a bad idea, but I got many brothers, and that's enough male figures in my eyes.

It's about how you raise your kid, end of story.

Guys don't need a father to know how to love men. They got there bros before hoes motto.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast