+ Reply to Thread

Thread: so i need other peoples opinions

Newbie azriel is off to a good start
    Thanks

so i need other peoples opinions

so i think i should start off and say that there are select friends that i have where i actually care about them. the rest are just people i know. i have a major problem that i dont know if i am being just touchy or if what i feel is reasonable.

ok. so i have two friends that are dating each other. i knew one before the other, but when they started dating i grew closer to the other over time and i believe we are now close friends. well over months they have been having issues and the relationship is becoming rocky. there are things not being said that is basically causing an inevitable break up. well tonight me and his gf found out that he feels alone and unwanted through a blog of his. but instead of me feeling bad i felt angry. here is why. my select group of friends i consider family. that is what all of us think it as but apparently he only thinks certain people are family and the rest do not matter. he stated that his girlfriend and one other person dont pay attention to anything he say. and that no one will listen to him and find out how his day went. the thing is i do. i listen to everything he has to say. even when its stupid crap about washing a tire and things of that nature. i have done my best to include him in everything we do. but his statement makes me feel like me and the friendship i offer doesn't matter...........am i just being touchy or do i actually have a reason to be angry. i dont really know how to go about saying anything to him without seeming insensitive to his feelings. anybody have sugesstions

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: so i need other peoples opinions

It sounds like your friend may be a bit depressed. It can be normal to feel this way about what he wrote If he didn't actually name the second person. Then you are left wondering if he is referring to you. That would make anyone uncomfortable. The hardest part to being a friend is accepting your friend's faults as well as his good points.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    It sounds like your friend may be a bit depressed. It can be normal to feel this way about what he wrote If he didn't actually name the second person. Then you are left wondering if he is referring to you. That would make anyone uncomfortable. The hardest part to being a friend is accepting your friend's faults as well as his good points.
    I'd have to second Ghattenpaw's opinion. I'm guess there are details we don't know, so i won't pretend to know them all, but it does sound like your friend is a bit depressed. that can be quite a bad thing, depression can lead down some very painful paths for everyone concerned.

As for your position in all this, I don't think you're being too over reactive. It is natural to feel a little betrayed, it sounds like you do put in a bit of effort to the friendship only to quite possibly be described as not caring. Just remember it might not be you he's talking about. Thinking someone wrote something bad about another, even if it isn't about them, can cause a few friendships to split. Friends are one thing you should never give up without one heck of a fight...

I'd say go & talk to him, find out if anything is wrong. If it is depression, he might just be seeing everything as him Vs the world, with noone in his corner. He might need someone to show him they on his side. Might even be an idea to get some help from the girlfriend.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie azriel is off to a good start
    Thanks

thanks guys. i really appreaciate you opinions. i think all of his friends need to just sit him down and talk it out with him.

+ Reply to Thread