+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: soldiers on the front line

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Re: soldiers on the front line

Im afraid for the soldiers in the middle east. I think its extremely brave for them to be there. It takes a special person to believe in their country so thoroughly. I dont agree with the reason they are there, other than I hope they leave Iraq as a better country than it was before. Those people need help and I have compassion for the soldiers that are there to help them.

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

I considered enlisting in the Marines at one point, but chose against it before September 11th occurred. While I am pro-military any day of the week, the tactics they are using are just horrible. We should be using the advantage of precision bombing and "fire and forget" technology, rather than getting infantry killed day in and day out just because these commanders in charge have played too many Tom Clancy games.

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

They're doing what they have to, facing oft-invisible odds and laying themselves on the line, both physically and spiritually, so others don't have to and they deserve the utmost respect for that. The conflict they're in may not be the most accepted, but they endure despite that.
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuma View Post
    They're doing what they have to, facing oft-invisible odds and laying themselves on the line, both physically and spiritually, so others don't have to and they deserve the utmost respect for that. The conflict they're in may not be the most accepted, but they endure despite that.
    The problem isn't about their willingness to carry on. The problem is the tactics. Fighting in an urban environment against guerrillas is the most difficult challenge they could face, even if they were using inhumane tactics. But trying to win the hearts of the people, and standing around in broad daylight just makes them cannon fodder.

If they want to win, they have to start killing civilians, and being a little less picky when it comes to their morals. You're dealing with an enemy that lives within the civilians, and ARE the civilians. The civilians support them, even fight along side them. There is no way you can perform a surgical strike against JUST the insurgents. This isn't like cutting out a malignant growth. This is like trying to cut out a virus. You can't do it.

The only option left is to use overwhelming force to crush all resistance, and then get out immediately afterwards, so as to let the sheep get reconquered by the next Ba'athist in line.

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Granted, but you also have to look at support for this campaign. If we just start killing civvies left and right then we will lose ALL support for this. Then you look at Iran and N. Korea who have, at the very least, the means to create nuclear weaponry. May not be the best missile under the sun, but have one go off in a crowded area? Mayhem, and a string of events like that which sparked WWI. One country is attacked, then its allies attack the ones responsible, and that country's allies get involved...and here we are with WWIII and nukes are a ready weapon.

We're walking through a minefield with a blindfold at the moment, and one wrong step sets off a nuclear chain reaction. Besides which, how contradictory would it be for us to hold Saddam accountable for his various crimes against humanity then turn on the civilian population and light them up?
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Well being a Marine myself, I must say its a job with little perks and a lot of pain. I'm suppose to be going to either Germany or Iraq (they haven't told me yet) and no matter where I go I have a job to do. And thats a job that need to be done by someone. If we didn't step up to do it, then who will?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I think that people who are in the Army are the most bravest people around. I mean in their line of work, i don't mean to sound dramatic, but there is the off chance that they could be killed. I for one is not that brave, and chose to have a safe career, even thought its difficult really.

For someone to choose a line of work where they know the worst could happen does have a lot of guts and i admire anyone in the army for choosing it

*salutes army officers*
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

they can call it whatever they want, iraq is pretty place to get killed at, and not a good place to explore, but our soldiers are trying their best to do what is right

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast