+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: soldiers on the front line

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: soldiers on the front line

Thats not the kind of response I would expect from a former soldier...

Just because you don't agree with why they are there, doesn't mean you shouldn't give them your support. You can't change the fact that they are fighting and dying out there, and they need our support more then ever.

if you don't like it, take it out on the person who sent them there, not the people who are there.[/QUOTE]

do you protect somebody who's trying to kill you and get paid for it?

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I support them of course. If I were there I'd dress up as a terrorist and go trick or treating from tent to tent.

I wonder how long I'd last.

Newbie Kai_Blackwolf may be famous one day Kai_Blackwolf may be famous one day Kai_Blackwolf's Avatar
    Thanks

front line soldiers are just soldiers, bravery and a job is two diferent things. if they had to risk their lives to save somebody else, and they let the other person die, they arent brave, they are cowards that deserve to be shot, but if they risk their lives, then they are brave
    Blackness covers all I see and all I touch. No feeling of pain, just sorrow. My hand loses grip of the sword I held. And I turn to become a true shadow.

Otaku 02134 may be famous one day 02134 may be famous one day 02134's Avatar
    Thanks

not all solidier acutaly most dont want to be there but are only there cuase their poor now if your a solidier you fight for nothing during nam you fought for something my dad was in the first war with isreal he was in beruit when they fought again only months ago he said that it was like what happened to him he wasnt a solidier but a civillian and it was worse getting bombed and shot at for no reason so really it matters the war attacking a religion islam killing them and your own people who dont even want to be there but have to is just being an *** people say support our troops suport what killing for no reason and then people say their giving iraq freedom that should worry about freedom here first with borders and health and descrimination

I'll do it man.

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

What I find really insulting is how weakened out military is, going from being one of the best in the world to a pitiful "paramilitary force" in the course of only a decade. You can't fight a real war with smaller numbers and a focus on technology. For most cases, you will still need large quantities of soldiers and superior tactics to your enemy. I mean, come on! The Afghanis took the greatest protective armor we had put on the Abrams, and defeated it by tying a stick onto the end of an RPG! Technology alone isn't going to cut it.

What I really love, though, is that we're still stupid enough to run around in unarmored Humvees, sending our men out on the streets, dancing around like moving targets. Hello! Anyone who even has the sense to watch "JAG" knows you don't let your enemy take the higher ground, while you crawl around at street level. If the government still insists on not just charging throguh Tikrit and these other shanty-towns in our tanks, shooting anything that moves, they can at least put a few squads up at roof level with some 40mm automatic grenade launchers and M-240's at the more risky points of interest in those towns. That would at least give our guys at street level some cover and constant reconnaissance to ensure no one boobytraps the major intersections used for regular coalition traffic.

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

it isnt all just street patrolling and looking for bad guys
    we are helping build up Iraq into a better place too
    in fact its probably the most important job for someone over here
    getting the Iraqis to be capable of taking control and leading the country themselves so we can leave
    its not just as simple as posting a couple extra guys on tall buildings looking for baddies
    if it were then there wouldnt be a need for all of us to be here anyways

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, we should have gotten out as soon as we won the war, and truly accomplished the mission. This isn't part of the mission at all, and as it stands, with these new reports about the Iraqi police torturing suspects, do you really think they will ever be civilized enough to function on their own? The only reason they didn't resort to tribal warfare is because Saddam basically kept everyone in line through fear. They'll just end up falling for the next Ba'athist dictator that strolls in, and become oppressed sheeple again.

Newbie Twisted Fate may be famous one day Twisted Fate may be famous one day
    Thanks

i think its either their just too brave and couragious or that they cant do anything because its an order and all they have to do is to follow whether they like it or not and pray to be able to survive the battle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast