Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spam forum might get locked soon

Newbie spdude may be famous one day spdude may be famous one day spdude's Avatar
    Thanks

Spam forum might get locked soon

Me and Inu-Yusha have been discussing about the volume as well as the general quality of posts being made here at AO in the last few months.

Although, our daily posts have skyrocketed to around 2,000 daily (compaired to 400ish three months ago), which of course is something I like, there is no denying that having this section is hurting the rest of the site.

Along with the other changes and features which are being added lately, you might well be seeing this spam section closed in the near future.

Just thought I'd let the members who frequent this section a lot know in advance.

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Spam forum might get locked soon

what happens when the spam threads are closed then ppl will just spam on the other more serious threads.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

not really thats whatthe clans are for to stop the spamming and there will be lots of anime oriented stuff to take awya from the apmming i think. the clan system is a good idea if the spam section is closed i dont think any real damge will be done
    since eberyone here s about the anime wich the clane will be helping with
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, im afraid too they might spam up the other areas. Like the cyber lounge for example. We get it even now with the spam section open. It might get way worse. We can control it by moderation, but with so many members. They're will always be another spammer to pop up.

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

@miroku : sorry to get off topic but if you have warn how do you get it down.

on topic:

i think that they should not get rid of the spam section they should just take control of all the threads that are posted.

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless_mage
    @miroku : sorry to get off topic but if you have warn how do you get it down.

on topic:

i think that they should not get rid of the spam section they should just take control of all the threads that are posted.
    By being a good poster and following the rules. Just stop spamming in the cyber lounge.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

im sick of the spamming! i like the idea to close the spam section, but then...

problem: what happens when they start spamming in other areas?

solution: warn them severely

Newbie michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726's Avatar
    Thanks

hai... i agree with Miroku-san... u.u i can feel their pain... lol... no kidding... ^^ it's hard moderating spam here and there... even if there's already the chat forum... >< some people will just not learn... *sigh*

anyways... the admins also do have a point... the other forums are dying... @__@ and we can't have that. AO will just be a spam pot if this continues without control...

but maybe if we could put up good anime contributors, like ones who gives news about new animes, anime events, anime products and so forth (anime news forum)... it can boost up members' interest to anime more... in that sense, they'll be updated most of the time with what's hapening out there... ^^;; anyway, that's just my idea... hehe... i guess even if the news section would not be put up, members' should be encouraged more to give anime info; because all i could see for now is that members are only discussing animes which they have seen... and rarely not giving news on the Japanese world, especially anime... ^^;;;

my two cents, is all... ^_^;
    Last edited by michiru726; Jul 23, 2006 at 04:46 PM.

"Deviously Revamped."

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast