+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Speed Stacking

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Speed Stacking

Well I was watching a bit of TV last night and there was a full discussion about the latest craze in the US. Speed Stacking. Wow!!

I was amazed at how fast these people were stacking cups on top of each other and then demolish their tower in seconds with all the cups then inside each other. How long as this been going I thought? Simple idea and look how popular it is now.

Anyone tried it? Speed Stacking seems like a cool challenge and totally different that the norm of RPG games and computer games.
    Attached Images

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks
    ^_^ i've heard of that before too! it was a special on the Discovery Kids Channel a very long time ago!

All these little kids stacking cups super fast and making awesome towers of epic porportion! totally awesome!

O.o but i always wondered who would think to make such a thing...
    ^_^ oh well! at least it looks cool!

Newbie InsaneHoge may be famous one day InsaneHoge may be famous one day InsaneHoge's Avatar
    Thanks
    It looks cool allright but I think it's boring.

They seem to stack them op the same way every time. From what I've seen on the telie.

Nice blood but the signature rules state that your main signature image may NOT exceed 500*115 pixels.
    -- Hassun

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Speed Stacking - boring?

Yeh, speed stacking may seem boring, but when you are pressured against the clock then it probably can be really thrilling. Simple concept I agree, but so is running. Running is boring to me, yet it's an Olympic event.

Newbie InsaneHoge may be famous one day InsaneHoge may be famous one day InsaneHoge's Avatar
    Thanks
    True True, u got a point there. It must be exciting going against the clock, But hey it's just my oppinion.
    I'd rather go running, the wind in my face and sush hehehe.
    But it looks cool, the speed stacking I mean.
    Nice blood but the signature rules state that your main signature image may NOT exceed 500*115 pixels.
    -- Hassun

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that this speed stacking is stupid, c'mon there are tons of better games to play outside.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Yeh, speed stacking may seem boring, but when you are pressured against the clock then it probably can be really thrilling. Simple concept I agree, but so is running. Running is boring to me, yet it's an Olympic event.
    I don't know though. Running and speed stacking seem to me like apples and oranges. Too different. I understand your point, but even then, can you ever imagine speed stacking as an Olympic Event? And I know that's not your point, but running is an actual athletic competition that one would need to train for.

Now of course, I don't mean to say that speed stacking doesn't take skill, because it definitely does. However, it's too far away from being any sort of a serious competition. And while it is a growing fad, I would not consider it a craze.

Either way, I think it's cool... But I can't go any further than that. Someone already mentioned that it is all the same moves. I don't know if that's true, but from the small times I've seen speed stacking featured on a TV show, it does seem to be the same. It's all mundane in the end.

Here's an example of speed stacking for those of you who don't know:

Speed Stacking

Edit: Looking at the picture above... I have noticed that it is mostly children - younger teens who do this speed stacking thing.

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks
    I heard of it, but I never tried it before, my friends said it was boring but I dont think he did it against time. Maybe its not so boring then.^^

Thanks lifeforce! (:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast