+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Hockey

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Stanley Cup Playoffs - Hockey

Any hockey fans here?? yes, no??

I'm a San Jose Sharks fan first before I am a fan of Hockey, and honestly Hockey's way better than Soccer. Anyways, just wanna see if anyone else's favorite team is still in the race for Lord Stanley's Cup. And what you think about the playoffs so far.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Hockey

Im a fan and I with Ya Hockey is way better than soccer. All the skill on ice and with the puck as well although I cant watch because I dont live in america or have cable so i cant talk about the playoff.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Otaku mere is off to a good start mere's Avatar
    Thanks

im a fan of hockey...honestly i don't have a favourate team so ya, but my bro's favourate teeam is San Jose and he isn't to happy about their standing in the current seriers with Dallas three to one i believe, and i think they have a game today

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    Im a fan and I with Ya Hockey is way better than soccer. All the skill on ice and with the puck as well although I cant watch because I dont live in america or have cable so i cant talk about the playoff.
    We don't have to just limit ourselves to the Stanley cup playoffs. I mean I know Europe has a league of their own right? For one I know their rink is bigger than NHL's and most of our league's players are from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by mere View Post
    im a fan of hockey...honestly i don't have a favourate team so ya, but my bro's favourate teeam is San Jose and he isn't to happy about their standing in the current seriers with Dallas three to one i believe, and i think they have a game today
    Then both your bro and I are hoping for a giant meltdown by the Dallas Stars.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

I was totally waiting for a thread like this!

Of late I've been obsessed with NHL hockey, although so far my playoff favorites haven't all been fairing well. I was really hoping for Washington to complete the comeback against Philly, if only to get that Ovechkin vs Crosby matchup. Minnesota got booted as well, not cool!

Luckily, my precious Sharks are still in the hunt, and I want to believe they'll jump back. After all, they had a heck of a winning streak towards the end of the season...

I'm also rooting for Pittsbourgh as well. Although I'm not one of those Nova Scotians who frolicks gleefully to the tune of Sidney Crosby (There are a lot of them!), they've got a lot of players I like. Malkin, Staal, Fleury, etc..
    Plus, the logo is awesome.

Anyways, I love hockey because of the speed and intensity. With golf or baseball, you can watch them casually without missing much(Good and bad, depending on the situation), but I love how hockey keeps my eyes glued to the screen with all the plays happening so fast.

Also, tis awesome to see lots of Sharks fans!

Thanks

Will the sharks have two more in them?? I sure hope so. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch anymore of their games. I just seem to jinx the teams I like. Don't believe??
    I watched two periods of Friday night's game: 3 Dallas Goals (one was taken away).
    I decided I was probably jinxing them, so I went to watch the Naruto movie...and guess what?? They score 3 goals in 3rd and OT...

T_T woe is me...

Anyways, that team sure reminds me of college students and an essay. They want until the absolute last moment to cram and do all the work.
    Last edited by Legend; May 02, 2008 at 10:38 PM.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Anyways, that team sure reminds me of college students and an essay. They want until the absolute last moment to cram and do all the work.
    ..and at the end of the day they succeed. Right?....RIGHT!?

I kept thinking I was hexing the Sharks as well, but I caught the 3rd period of Game 5 last night, and there was massive comeback-age. I have hope for them yet!

Tonight's game is Montreal and Philidelphia. I never thought I'd root for Philidelphia ever, but here I am doing it. I am ashamed!

+ Reply to Thread