+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Starting a business.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Starting a business.

Would it be bullcrap to invest the money?

Well... I guess it would be...

But I'd start a small video-game business at the side.
    Anything from reviewing, to game tournaments, to game testing, to game producing, or storyline developers, or etc...

Something to kick me off the curb as I continue my studies...

I don't plan to hit the streets with a big business until I really know what I can or can't do.
    But a little side-action to get me some cred and experience never hurt nobody.

(as you can tell, I'm aiming to be a game producer-director)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy Rin View Post
    I've always had the idea of having a company that is widespread, inexpensive, and supplies cosplay clothing, clothing inspired by anime, and shirts with cool designs on them. Kinda like Target. I don't see why it hasn't been done - I reckon there are enough fans to make it sucessful. Taking into consideration all the ugly designs the designer labels come out with, I reckon it'd be a hit even with people who don't like anime.
    You know, that is actually one of the things I thought about while I was at the anime convention last week. It is a great idea I give you that, but there's a lot to consider I think.

There's always the thing with licensing. Also you would need clothes designers that are willing to work for a small company making types of clothes they are not familiar with. Finally, in the west the "size" of people are very different from their eastern counterpart, so you would have to stretch a very far range of sizes...

Good idea, but would require so much money.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Mandy Rin is off to a good start Mandy Rin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    You know, that is actually one of the things I thought about while I was at the anime convention last week. It is a great idea I give you that, but there's a lot to consider I think.

There's always the thing with licensing. Also you would need clothes designers that are willing to work for a small company making types of clothes they are not familiar with. Finally, in the west the "size" of people are very different from their eastern counterpart, so you would have to stretch a very far range of sizes...

Good idea, but would require so much money.
    Well, if two people came up with it seperately, it must be a good idea!

Yeah, licensing would be hard... but it could just be 'anime inspired', I guess (like Kagura's green dress in 'Fruits Basket'). You could probably snag some designers fresh out of school (obviously couldn't go for any big names). They're usually the ones with visions of making their own line or starting in a small company and growing famous. As for sizing... well, I think we just cater for one group, and let the other group handle it (until the company gets big enough to supply for both), 'cause places like 'Target' and 'Jay Jays' only target a western audience, and they do well enough - eastern people living in western countries have learned to make do.

Now if only I won the lottery...
    "Guys who intrude on other peoples’ paths of love hit their heads on a corner of tofu and die." - Mizuki Ashiya, Hana Kimi

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Considering that I'm an artist and writer, I would invest in publising my own line of Graphic Novels. It's a great way of using both of my creative outlets. Of course, would needta do some research ta know where ta start.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Newbie Yippy123 may be famous one day Yippy123 may be famous one day Yippy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Ooo i would invest the money in establishing my own karaoke bar! Theres not many of these businesses around so hopefully i'd gain the advantage.

There would be loads of separate rooms so quite a lot of customers will be able to fit in.

Then i'll apply for a fully licensed bar serving alcohol and all sorts of refreshments.

Also, maybe serve some food and snacks ^^

Let the profits roll in £.£

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Considering that I'm an artist and writer, I would invest in publising my own line of Graphic Novels. It's a great way of using both of my creative outlets. Of course, would needta do some research ta know where ta start.
    Yeah I think some small companies in the US is already doing that, you should go check them out. I remember thinking to myself that I've never seen those companies that set up booths...or maybe it is just me being ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yippy123 View Post
    Ooo i would invest the money in establishing my own karaoke bar! Theres not many of these businesses around so hopefully i'd gain the advantage.

There would be loads of separate rooms so quite a lot of customers will be able to fit in.

Then i'll apply for a fully licensed bar serving alcohol and all sorts of refreshments.

Also, maybe serve some food and snacks ^^

Let the profits roll in £.£
    A legit karaoke place, or a dirty "karaoke" place??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

If it matters I would like to vote for the dirty karaoke place. Any business thats also "dirty" has my money for sure.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Otaku Noodles is off to a good start Noodles's Avatar
    Thanks

Is a "dirty" karaoke place like a strip club or somethng....
    If it is then I say go for it!!!
    Mr. Fangs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast