+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: State of Texas has banned Marriage!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

State of Texas has banned Marriage!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Back in 2005, there was a rush in the US state of Texas to pass a law that would ban same sex marriage. But Texas voters and the state Legislature evidently didn't read the fine print of the law that was passed...
    But the amendment included the following clause, which was reportedly designed to ban civil unions and domestic partnerships: "This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage."

One thing that is "identical…to marriage," of course, is marriage. And Texas Attorney General candidate Barbara Ann Radnofsky, a Democrat, is arguing that the current Attorney General, Republican Greg Abbott, made a "massive mistake" in allowing the language.
    Oops!!!

Oops: Did Texas Ban Marriage? - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
    Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages | McClatchy
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Nov 19, 2009), RayMe (Nov 19, 2009)

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Re: State of Texas has banned Marriage!!!

How in the hell this happened? Have they changed the law or something? xD I hope no news like...

"Declining of population in Texas" or "Declining of birthrate in Texas"

would happen xD that was hilarious someone needs to revise their English it seems

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess there is a lessen here, and that lessen is that EVERY ONE should read ANY bill being passed in to law VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY CAIRFULLY!!

But I must say that this is funny as hell.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

This is sad; very much so!

If they did this, then there is no hope for that state.

Second: Rayme are you for real? Birthrates down? Don't you know what makes a marriage these days? You got to get knocked up first. DUR!
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

So the Lone star state is a double edge sword, in a way On one hand they are trying to Stop a sin from happening and two they are ending or stoping people chioce of life.
    How "Big it" of texas or to put it another way teaxs is being very hypocritical.

Otaku demonicloud is off to a good start
    Thanks

proof finally that everyone in texas is a friggin' idiot!!!! I mean why the hell dont you fully read a law before enacting it? Everything is bigger in texas, including stupidity I guess.
    fear the reaper

Newbie bloodchibi is off to a good start bloodchibi's Avatar
    Thanks

its things like that , that makes me wish i wasn't from Texas -_-

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I guess there is a lessen here, and that lessen is that EVERY ONE should read ANY bill being passed in to law VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY CAIRFULLY!!

But I must say that this is funny as hell.
    I think that the only way to really describe an occurrence as stupid as this is through humour. This is sad, but agreed, it's funny as hell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast