+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Stereotypes

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Stereotypes

People make first impressions in 10 seconds. 10 seconds. You begin to dislike or like a person in 10 seconds; it's natural. We as humans need to step beyond our psychological 10 second restraint and see people for who they are by their words and actions, not their clothes, speech patters, or race. It isn't easy - I know that I am extremely elitist and judgemental - but we have to try.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Every stereotype is based on a little bit of truth. For example people say Chinese people can't drive. They can't. I lived in an immigrant neighborhood full of Vietnamese, Koreans, Filipinos, Chinese, Indians, Afghanistanians before so I know it's true.

Heres another one. White people can't dance. Well I've noticed that no white girl can shake her behind. They just can't. Every one of them that tries to just shakes their behind horribly. Asian girls can't do it for some reason too.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Every stereotype is based on a little bit of truth. For example people say Chinese people can't drive. They can't. I lived in an immigrant neighborhood full of Vietnamese, Koreans, Filipinos, Chinese, Indians, Afghanistanians before so I know it's true.

Heres another one. White people can't dance. Well I've noticed that no white girl can shake her behind. They just can't. Every one of them that tries to just shakes their behind horribly. Asian girls can't do it for some reason too.
    They can dance; they just can't dance to black/latin music. If you put on the minuette they do just fine. Unfortunately, nobody seems to know that dance anymore . . .

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I absolutely hate stereotypes. I hate it when I decide to wear black, my little sister calls me goth. I hate it, that when I decide to wear a short skirt.. my mom says "no.. don't look like a hooker". Stereotypes suck, and should die.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    hmmmm... I am a white hispanic girl and HECK YEAH I can dance and shake it... and I do it very well!!!!!! But yes... it is believed that white girls cannot dance.... by majority.....
    I do think that stereotypes are the image that the majority of ppl has about something.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I absolutely hate stereotypes. I hate it when I decide to wear black, my little sister calls me goth. I hate it, that when I decide to wear a short skirt.. my mom says "no.. don't look like a hooker". Stereotypes suck, and should die.
    Y'know, little skirts DO court attention. I like little skirts, and I wish I could wear them everywhere, but being a rape/molest victim doesn't cut it with me.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Many a time I've been stereotyped for being the "lazy mexican". Well sometime during last years walkouts for the immigrant rights. Yea our school walked out since most of them attending the school are mexican american or mexican. People were calling us "wetbacks" and telling us to go back to mexico. But seriously even people broke out to attack us and were students. Somewhere sometime, someone is being discriminated in anyway. It happens to some people. Though it's horrible to feel it but sometime in your life you do it. If we can only not see by the color of your skin but by what's in your heart.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    People make first impressions in 10 seconds. 10 seconds. You begin to dislike or like a person in 10 seconds; it's natural. We as humans need to step beyond our psychological 10 second restraint and see people for who they are by their words and actions, not their clothes, speech patters, or race. It isn't easy - I know that I am extremely elitist and judgemental - but we have to try.
    Hmm..How do I reply to this..Well I find myself falling victim to this 10 second thing quite often unfortunately but..I have had a lot of experience with different people from a lot of different backgrounds,races,religions and so on. Now I'm not saying it's right to think like that but most of the time(and I'm being generous saying most of the time because I'm usually spot on) I'm right about the decision I made. It's not always looks or color (and I'd hope most people could understand that) sometimes it's the way a person carries themself or their actions. Honestly I believe their are a lot of factors that go into my 10 sec impression and because I've been doing it for so long it just happens so fast that I'm either liking them or disliking them that fast..I have gotten to be friends with some people I thought were assholes at first impression but that doesn't mean they aren't assholes, it just means that, that specific trait wasn't enough to make me dislike them so much I wouldn't associate myself with them I suppose. Now that I've said all that I don't think I'll ever change because I've been this way for so long(more then likely it's from getting my ass kicked all the time as a kid or getting picked on) and it just comes natural now. I always at least give the person a chance to speak to me though, at least I got that part fixed^^ I don't judge people on race anymore and haven't since I was old enough to understand racism and people's beliefs are their own so I wouldn't hate someone for something just because I disagreed about it. Well thats about enough about that, Like it or leave it, thats my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast