+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ~suicide~

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Question ~suicide~

OK, heres what ive been wondering.

How is commiting suicide against the law?

I mean if you attempt suicide then dont authorities automatically categorize you as insane or sumthing? Therefore you cannot be put in prison can you?

But instead in some sort of psychiatric facilty right? (were your stay depends on your evaluation i assume...)

So if thats the case then why is suicide even against the law if you cant go to prison for it?

Also is it still against the law to commit suicide if your under the age of 18?

I asked my health teacher about this some time ago, but she remarked its only against the law if you commit suicide undeclared somehow where you leave your body to decompose that could put others in harms way, as opposed to doin in a private place such as your home, rather than near or in a school or sumthing.

I did not understand at the time and still think things are a bit hazy, hopeing you all can clear this up.

Thankyu! = )
    Last edited by Rook; Jun 29, 2008 at 12:43 AM.
    Yay-yea?

Newbie Ninja_Amaya is off to a good start Ninja_Amaya's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ~suicide~

I honestly find it a little silly to have it as a law. Not that I approve of suicide. It just seems alittle foolish to try and sentence the dead. I guess they are just trying to find away to lower suicide rates. I can understand alittle why doing it in a public area can be offensive depending on health reason or mental problems that can develope on who ever finds the body. If you live I'm not really sure. I'm sorry I'm not being any help, I personally don't see the point of the law either.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree how is trying to or killed yourself against the law. you not trying to do harm to anyone but yourself. If that person somehow surived the sucide they do need to recieve help in any why
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you care if its against the law if your dead?? Who cares. What are they going to do come into the after life and get you? lol What a stupid law.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

I think commiting suicide is against the law for a good reason. You dont only attempt to kill yourself, but people taht care for you are mentally traumatized by your actions, an personally if you try to kill your self an survive, you deserve to goto to jail. Your not insane, your just mentally incompentant to realize that your actions effect others. Think if you tried to kill yourself in public, an some little kids saw you do it... thats just to much for their younger minds.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit View Post
    I think commiting suicide is against the law for a good reason. You dont only attempt to kill yourself, but people taht care for you are mentally traumatized by your actions, an personally if you try to kill your self an survive, you deserve to goto to jail. Your not insane, your just mentally incompentant to realize that your actions effect others. Think if you tried to kill yourself in public, an some little kids saw you do it... thats just to much for their younger minds.
    but if your mentally imcompetant, then you belong in the care of a professional, not a prison right?

isnt that wat could end up happening in a court room?

But still, can you even be tried in court for suicide?
    ive never heard of it.

i totally get what your saying about offing yourself in front of a child though,
    i guess thats what my teacher meant about doing it in a public place.
    Yay-yea?

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I asked my health teacher about this some time ago, but she remarked its only against the law if you commit suicide undeclared somehow where you leave your body to decompose that could put others in harms way, as opposed to doin in a private place such as your home, rather than near or in a school or sumthing.
    What if you live near a school? Does this mean I can't kill myself? Dangit.

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit View Post
    Think if you tried to kill yourself in public, an some little kids saw you do it... thats just to much for their younger minds.
    The majority people who attempt suicide do it away from people, usually in their homes when no one else is home. But yes, there are some exceptions.

If you don't make it, die in your attempt, then you have to pay a fine. Plus you have to go through therepy as well as maybe even stay in a mental institution. In a way, I believe it's the governments way of trying to keep people from attempting suicide, as well as even gain some money off of someone elses pain. As for the under 18, still being illegal, it still is where I'm living. Usually the adolescent is put under probation and forced to go to counseling for the period of time while they are under probation. As well as, if they are still in school, they must first be evaluated before they can go back. That is, if they survive their "attempt" at suicide.

I know this stuff from first hand. My mother and brother both tried to kill themselves. My mother tried a number of times and a few in front of my siblings and me. I myself was put into a "rehabilitation center" aka mental hospital because they thought I was a suicidal threat (I use to cut).

Oh and as for your health teacher that may be true for you in your area. Laws do vary place to place But the way I read it is, it's okay to kill yourself as long as you don't harm anyone else or put them into any danger?... At least something along those lines.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast