+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ~suicide~

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Re: ~suicide~

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeApples5520 View Post
    If you want to commit suicide, you likely just want to escape your life and everyone around you.

IMO, that's a cowards way out. However, an attempt at an ease of one's pain should not even be close to against the law. The person needs help and comfort if he survives the attempt but; ultimately, it's his choice whether he wants to live or die. He WILL do it if the pain is unbearable.
    It sumwhat bothers me to hear that suicide is a cowards way out.
    Suicide isnt very easy, its probably 'the' emotional climax of your entire life.
    And one of the most difficult things to do.

I mean it may sound easy to you to just pick a gun and put it to a your temple and fire, but imagine all the thoughts and emotions flooding the person who is actually gonna go through with it. The people they love that they will leave behind, their little sisters who look up to them everyday for help and play.
    Despite everything they love in life they know that they will never be happy and suffer daily.

To make that final grand decision to actually go through with it, is the biggest commitment of all.

"Be happy while your living, for your dead a long time."
    Unfortunately there are few who feel they cannot conect to this world and are dead inside. So they just follow thru and fininalize their feelings.

Suicde is anything but the "easy way out" or "cowardly".

Well thats what i believe.
    Yay-yea?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ~suicide~

I agree with you rook,(in terms of it being a 'cowards way out'), unless you've been to the point when you've almost committed suicide - how can any one know how that feels? I don't think its ever an easy decision or a 'cowards way'. They are just suffering and deeply. It's just that some people know how to handle and others don't, some people can get help others can't - what ever the situation.

On the topic of it being illegal - I couldn't help but laugh, what they gonna do? xD

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

suicide, one of the more risky topics to speak of.

I see both the pros and cons about this, as i have had some tendencies myself. A way out is the easiest one to think of. The world sucks, people really don;t understand and you just want to be left alone. However, this is often seen inaccurately. the world sucks, but it is still a beautiful place. people may not understand, but they want to help as best they can. Lonliness is good for a while, but human companionship overrules all.

suicide illegal? That's like making it illegal to unwrap a snickers bar XD
    Why hello there!

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

SHHH! Don't give the government any ideas about candy wrappers. And it is against the law to ATTEMPT suicide.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    SHHH! Don't give the government any ideas about candy wrappers. And it is against the law to ATTEMPT suicide.
    attempt? i see that sounds more likely. attempted suicide is basically an internal form of murder, am i right?
    Why hello there!

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

attempt? i see that sounds more likely. attempted suicide is basically an internal form of murder, am i right?
    Exactly, That's why it's against the law. the way the goverment sees it If you are attempting suicide then you are out to harm someone(yourself) and need to seek help. whether you want it or not.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    It sumwhat bothers me to hear that suicide is a cowards way out.
    Suicide isnt very easy, its probably 'the' emotional climax of your entire life.
    And one of the most difficult things to do.

I mean it may sound easy to you to just pick a gun and put it to a your temple and fire, but imagine all the thoughts and emotions flooding the person who is actually gonna go through with it. The people they love that they will leave behind, their little sisters who look up to them everyday for help and play.
    Despite everything they love in life they know that they will never be happy and suffer daily.

To make that final grand decision to actually go through with it, is the biggest commitment of all.

"Be happy while your living, for your dead a long time."
    Unfortunately there are few who feel they cannot conect to this world and are dead inside. So they just follow thru and fininalize their feelings.

Suicde is anything but the "easy way out" or "cowardly".

Well thats what i believe.
    I was saying that it was a cowards way out because they are picking what is to them the lesser evil.

If the person thinking about suicide would rather die than deal with life, they don't want to face the challenges and other things that are causing them depression in their own lives. It takes a great amount of courage to face your problems head on, and some people just don't have it in them.

Allso, the decision at the moment of suicideis more or less one of impulse and adrenaline. Like you said, emotions are fllooding everwhere in the person's mind. This makes the adrenaline go up, and makes it very easy for a person to make a rash decision. (this rule, by the way, can apply to things other than suicide) Courage is usually applied when the person is level-headed and makes a determined commitment to face what they are afraid of. Only if a suicide is performed on these grounds, will it be one of courage. (though most of the time, this is not the case)

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

In some cases, its not that they want to die than rather face life, its that they rather die than continue to hurt the ones that they love. They feel that they are a burden on life, on the people around them and they see no point in continue living if this is the case. Can we call that cowardice? Its not that they are afraid of anything, it just they are sick of suffering and creating suffering for those around them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast