+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: suicide what do you think?

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: suiside what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    I was only stating my belief on it. Sorry if you don't agree, but I'm not going to change it because I stepped on someones toes. This isn't a conversation meant for debate so please don't try to start one.
    Billium, you have a habit of stepping on a lot of people's toes, dont you?

yeah guys, try to keep it down and out of the "Debate and Discuss" area.

as for my personal belifs, however, i would rather kill myself than be subjected to a terrible torture or similar death. otherwise, i see it as a mistake.

NevesElocin, i see where you are comming from, but wouldn't it take more strength to overcome the difficult time than to take your own life?

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

for me Suicide is the most coward desicion a person can make. It is not that I am moralist whatsoever... but for me a person who even thinks on the posibility is a very weak, coward etc etc individual.
    Death is so easy to run to than to confront the problems.

Suicide: The most stupid action ever created by the human being / 2. to not have guts / 3.the extremely act of cowardice (While we're correcting people, thought I'd pitch in ~Aceman67).

This definition is brought to you thanks to the only true and well accepted Lebs dictionary.
    Last edited by aceman67; Apr 02, 2008 at 09:55 AM.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lebasiara For This Useful Post:

Billum256 (Apr 02, 2008)

Newbie IDAITAI is off to a good start IDAITAI's Avatar
    Thanks

Suicide is the most stupid thing that you could ever do and as far as killing yourself because your going to die anyways is just a a very cowardly and stupid desision.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: suicide what do you think?

well thanks for all of your input. If you have anything else to say thats great... I personly think that suicide is a bad anser to anything (mybe to another more painfull death) but what I was trying to say befor in the begining was do you think its morilly wrong like in religon (not saying that I'm religous) or anything but I just know alot of people who think its a sin. Well anymore input would be great (even though its on a horid topic *killing yourself*)
    death and life are one and the same

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

The suicidal person feels a tremendous sense of loneliness, isolation, helplessness and hopelessness. For the young person these feelings may be caused by family conflicts, a divorce or separation. the death of a parent, the break up of a romance, the move to a new school, or pressure to succeed at school.Suicidal people feel that they can no longer cope with their problems and that suicide may be the only way out. Most people think about suicide at some point in their life.Most people find that these thoughts are temporary and that things do get better.It is a fact that more and more young people between the ages of 12 and 18 are choosing to end their own lives. Death by suicide ranks as the second leading killer of adolescents. I have lost two friends to suicide and it has left a very big mark in my life...and the ironic thing is that i would have never expected it......they had everything is their life.....good house, parents well established, a lot of friends...I mean and it seemed to me that they did not have any other problems....but i guess I was wrong and sometimes I just cannot help but feel guilty....that maybe I should have looked closer at their life and I could have done something or anything to save their lives.
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

My question is this: Has anyone here lost someone to suicide?

My brother killed himself almost two years ago now. *For the record, he wasn't really my blood brother - Our moms were friends and were pregnant at the same time... We were born on the same day, one minute apart - So he was basically my brother!*

I won't go too into details.

But I got a phone call while I was at school that he had passed away.

I was shocked, but not as shocked as when I found out what he had died from.
    ... It's hard to talk about. He left a note, and a horrid discovery for his mom when she came home.

It's devastating.

Having lost my brother to suicide, I can say whole-heartedly that I hate it. It makes me sad... It makes me frustrated... And it makes me feel helpless. I feel helpless because I wished that I could have helped him through whatever pain he was in... Done something to stop him.

I don't hate anyone who has thought of suicide, or attempted it. That would defeat the purpose. People need love and support. Suicide is, as NevesElocin said, the feeling of 'last resort.'

I have a strong opinion on the subject... But I will leave it at this... I don't know that it's wrong... But I know how painful it is for the person struggling with the question of death, and for the people who are left to mourn and ask "why?"

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    My question is this: Has anyone here lost someone to suicide?

My brother killed himself almost two years ago now. *For the record, he wasn't really my blood brother - Our moms were friends and were pregnant at the same time... We were born on the same day, one minute apart - So he was basically my brother!*

I won't go too into details.

But I got a phone call while I was at school that he had passed away.

I was shocked, but not as shocked as when I found out what he had died from.
    ... It's hard to talk about. He left a note, and a horrid discovery for his mom when she came home.

It's devastating.

Having lost my brother to suicide, I can say whole-heartedly that I hate it. It makes me sad... It makes me frustrated... And it makes me feel helpless. I feel helpless because I wished that I could have helped him through whatever pain he was in... Done something to stop him.

I don't hate anyone who has thought of suicide, or attempted it. That would defeat the purpose. People need love and support. Suicide is, as NevesElocin said, the feeling of 'last resort.'

I have a strong opinion on the subject... But I will leave it at this... I don't know that it's wrong... But I know how painful it is for the person struggling with the question of death, and for the people who are left to mourn and ask "why?"
    I know where you are comeing from there I myself have know a person who has comited suicide. Yes it is hard greatly in your case. I'm not ashamed to say that I myself had the idea of suicide when I was 15, but I'm still alive and happy that I have never took a gun to my head.
    I'm sorry for your loss of you brother and who ever is reading all of this may we all have a moment to think what Spike'sRose has went through.
    death and life are one and the same

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    Suicide (or attempted suicide) is the result of feeling likely you have absolutely no options left. Like you completely give up. I say that from experience. No book or doctor can tell you that. You feel that its all become too much and you simply want to get it over with.

Thoughts like "no one will miss me anyway after what i've done" or "I have no purpose" will go through that person's head.

And its not a certain type of person who will. It can be anyone. They don't have to mentally ill or even emotionally unstable, they can just be overwhelmed. And the why's can come in so many different things its hard to put my finger on just one. It can range from things like guilt all the way to back to helplessness.

I won't say its right but its definitly not an easy thing on the person thinking about it.
    That's exactly how I see it. And yes, I've been on borderline myself as well. Though I was eventually too scared at the prospect of death, I was also I anyone in my school would put it : "The edge of insanity."
    Suicide is people who are too scared to live because they can't face the pain, in my opnion. It takes true strength to keep on living...That's my thought. To fight through pain.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast