+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: suicide what do you think?

Newbie soulidiumgirl is off to a good start soulidiumgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: suicide what do you think?

I have very strong opinions on this topic but for the sake of not getting this placed in the debate and discuss section…I will try to tame my opinions.

Suicide is one of the most horrific things to ever have to witness or hear someone talking about. I was standing at the bottom of a five-story building…just passing it when there were screams. A man was standing at the top of the building on the ledge of the roof. Not even two minutes later before the cops could arrive, he jumped to his death. I was freaked out more then what I can ever put into words. I had nightmares for years. I saw it happen when I was fourteen and even still I think of it from time to time.

My mom worked at a girls correctional facility a while back and her experience there horrified her. She noticed a girl was making a noose. The girl was even doing it in front of other factuality members. They did nothing. The girl climbed out of a window when their backs were turned and climbed to the top of a cable tower they had located there. Mom heard a commotion on her walky talky and found out the girl was out there. She walked out just in time to see the girl jump. She was twitching and everything. Luckily someone was able to climb up there and hold her up. It ended up saving her. The place never called in an ambulance or even bothered to file a report. My mom had a nightmare that night and quit the following day. The place was closed down a week later. It had freaked out the girls so much that they told anyone they could get a hold of.

I also had someone who is very close to me, talk about suicide. He’s my Ex, Keith. I will not explain his full story because it’s too bloody long. He wanted to die by cutting his wrists. I was terrified.

I’ve seen suicide; I’ve heard people talk about it and it affected me. It terrified my mom and all the girls she worked with. I believe it’s never the answer. If you want to end your pain that much…talk to a counselor or a close friend. 9 times out of 10 it will help and prevent it. Even if it’s not a guaranteed solution, it’s better then ending a life that could have had so much potential.

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

I can honestly say that I can understand where everyone is coming from. I can say that in my opinion that suicide wrong, however I can say that I attempted suicide twice. It actually took me to realized that I need to work hard to better myself in life. Weather I took the cowardly way out or not its all of your opinions.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

"Wanting to die is cowardly"... To some people, death is comfort. Wanting comfort is cowardly? Okay, fine, it's your opinion, I won't... berate... you...

Suicide... To me, it's natural. If one feels negatively about life, then there ya go! The quickest way out of suffering. Wanting to relieve suffering quick is cowardly? Ah yes, I forgot that suffering is a virtue in society... The more you've suffered, the better of a person you are! Yes, I shall try to remember that in the future...

Not wanting to suffer simply means you're not masochistic. Is there something wrong with that? Hm? And pain, pain and suffering can be really overwhelming... Overwhelming to the point you're desperate to want death just to be free. It's happened before, those sort of feelings. People under intense pain wanting to give up... That's especially happened in intense interrogation sessions. Like the Inquisition. Yes, not many people are under that sort of torture... Oh, but mental, psychological torture knows no boundaries. No boundaries. I know from experience. It's not fun.

I think people should ahve the right to suicide, but really, try to help them as much as you can before the act... Yes, they may be a bit negative to you while yearning for a long sleep, but having them knocked out of drowsiness is often worth it, with those drowsy spells not going to be seen for a long, long time. At least, in my experience.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Natural selection. The weak die, the strong survive. It's nature's way of weeding out the inferiorities and removing the imperfections. Those that lose the will to live and are unable to find their own reason to live are essentially victims of a self-fulfilling prophecy which they dictate that they are wastes of space. If they hinder the rest of the world from moving forward, then they should just go ahead and remove themselves.

It may be cruel, but that's just what I think.
    I love my girlfriend.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Innerhell For This Useful Post:

NeoDeath90 (Apr 04, 2008)

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    I think people should have the right to suicide, but really, try to help them as much as you can before the act... Yes, they may be a bit negative to you while yearning for a long sleep, but having them knocked out of drowsiness is often worth it, with those drowsy spells not going to be seen for a long, long time. At least, in my experience.
    I strongly disagree on this one... I don't think anyone should be even thinking about taking his/her life. I know for a fact life is not perfect and not always is full of roses (if you know what I mean). But the difficulties of life is what gets us strong and makes us what we are now... To die before to know what would it be like after the trial it is a shame. But to kill oneself before knowing the results... it is just stupidity.
    No one should have the right to suicide... for me it is never going to be a right. It is almost like saying: "people should have the right of killing others. It is very normal to want to kill someone we think is a waste of life."
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulidiumgirl View Post
    I have very strong opinions on this topic but for the sake of not getting this placed in the debate and discuss section…I will try to tame my opinions.

Suicide is one of the most horrific things to ever have to witness or hear someone talking about. I was standing at the bottom of a five-story building…just passing it when there were screams. A man was standing at the top of the building on the ledge of the roof. Not even two minutes later before the cops could arrive, he jumped to his death. I was freaked out more then what I can ever put into words. I had nightmares for years. I saw it happen when I was fourteen and even still I think of it from time to time.

My mom worked at a girls correctional facility a while back and her experience there horrified her. She noticed a girl was making a noose. The girl was even doing it in front of other factuality members. They did nothing. The girl climbed out of a window when their backs were turned and climbed to the top of a cable tower they had located there. Mom heard a commotion on her walky talky and found out the girl was out there. She walked out just in time to see the girl jump. She was twitching and everything. Luckily someone was able to climb up there and hold her up. It ended up saving her. The place never called in an ambulance or even bothered to file a report. My mom had a nightmare that night and quit the following day. The place was closed down a week later. It had freaked out the girls so much that they told anyone they could get a hold of.

I also had someone who is very close to me, talk about suicide. He’s my Ex, Keith. I will not explain his full story because it’s too bloody long. He wanted to die by cutting his wrists. I was terrified.

I’ve seen suicide; I’ve heard people talk about it and it affected me. It terrified my mom and all the girls she worked with. I believe it’s never the answer. If you want to end your pain that much…talk to a counselor or a close friend. 9 times out of 10 it will help and prevent it. Even if it’s not a guaranteed solution, it’s better then ending a life that could have had so much potential.
    I'm sorry you had to go through that... I'm glad the someone caught the girl... It's sad no one called an ambulance or got her more help.

Also, thank you basilisk888 for understanding. It's hard to deal with, but I'm coping as best I can.

I think it hit me the most when I actually saw the apartment. I came home from CA to visit family, and Vinnie's (my bro) mom had asked me to help her. She refused to go into the apartment after he died... He... *sigh*
    He slit his wrists... And I had to help her tear up the carpet. (T_T)

It affected me so much... Just... Not only to have to face the fact that he was gone, but see the horrible scene he left in the house for his mom..

Yeah, it's hard to talk about.

The point is... I was so angry at Vinnie. Angry! I went to his grave, and practically yelled at him. "Why?! Didn't you understand how much PAIN you caused?" Out of grief and shock...

I just think people need help, emotionally, to help prevent suicide.

And because of this loss, please don't say things like, "Nature way of weeding out the weak" and things like that. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I guess I am just sensitive.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

apparently sucide in religion sends you a one way ticket to hell...I think this is false and is what people say to persuade religiouse suciders not to kill themselves. It's really scary to think that someone dosen't like there life that much that they are willing to kill themselves, i think it's wrong and no problem is as important as death. You come first in your own mind and it should be liked that, i'm not saying everyone should be greedy but you should always choose what happens in a situatuation, thats why murder/ sucide are so deadly as you just don't have a say in the matter with murder and in sucide you basically do, why would you wan to kill yourself, you only get one life so why waste it? Depression, is worth a lifetime. It's sickening but scary everyone should be what they want to be not be lead to sucide and sucide attempts.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just asking another question. Say (not really doing it) that you have comited suicide how do you think others whould react to it who whould be affected by it. THere is people who have gone through it and they have the experience of it but think for all the other peope who did not have someone kill them self's right befor you eyes or a friend out of stress or a family member or anything. Plz just think about it all then reply.

Thank You
    Last edited by basilisk888; Apr 03, 2008 at 03:22 PM.
    death and life are one and the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast