+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: suicide what do you think?

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: suicide what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    "Wanting to die is cowardly"... To some people, death is comfort. Wanting comfort is cowardly? Okay, fine, it's your opinion, I won't... berate... you...

Suicide... To me, it's natural. If one feels negatively about life, then there ya go! The quickest way out of suffering. Wanting to relieve suffering quick is cowardly? Ah yes, I forgot that suffering is a virtue in society... The more you've suffered, the better of a person you are! Yes, I shall try to remember that in the future...

Not wanting to suffer simply means you're not masochistic. Is there something wrong with that? Hm? And pain, pain and suffering can be really overwhelming... Overwhelming to the point you're desperate to want death just to be free. It's happened before, those sort of feelings. People under intense pain wanting to give up... That's especially happened in intense interrogation sessions. Like the Inquisition. Yes, not many people are under that sort of torture... Oh, but mental, psychological torture knows no boundaries. No boundaries. I know from experience. It's not fun.

I think people should ahve the right to suicide, but really, try to help them as much as you can before the act... Yes, they may be a bit negative to you while yearning for a long sleep, but having them knocked out of drowsiness is often worth it, with those drowsy spells not going to be seen for a long, long time. At least, in my experience.
    I completely agree and just love the points you made. But since this is a discussion, I'm just going to ask, what if someone isn't suffering, what if they're just obsessed with death, thinking that it'd be a fun experiance? Also what if they come to the point life ends all the same, why not just end the game sooner and move on to whatever is next? What if they're just bored of life and just think "Ehh, time to move on"? It may sound grotesque but some people think that, ehh I do at least. Anywho for people who had good lives and no one knows the reason for their suicide, maybe that is it (by a slim chance).

But I can see where people think it's wrong and should never be done, the sight of someone close to you dying or killing themself IS horrific, hard to stomach. Also some religion bputs a bad name on it (Not meaninig to step on anything, just pointing out my observation). But really to me suicide is just death, only at your own hand. And death is inevitable so really it's not so wrong to be, then again, morality to me is just action and reaction.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    Natural selection. The weak die, the strong survive. It's nature's way of weeding out the inferiorities and removing the imperfections. Those that lose the will to live and are unable to find their own reason to live are essentially victims of a self-fulfilling prophecy which they dictate that they are wastes of space. If they hinder the rest of the world from moving forward, then they should just go ahead and remove themselves.

It may be cruel, but that's just what I think.
    finally, some one other than Aleister Sithis agrees with me!

its simply darwinism at work. that and if the person has made up their mind, let them do it. sure, death is hard, but we all move past it.
    Why hello there!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no "why" - since I don't think any reason is a good enough reason for suicide. Suicide is not right, and there are
    lots of better (and more productive) ways to get over disappointment than just taking your own life. I do NOT think that it
    is right to call people "stupid" for committing suicide, though. Instead of blaming them for taking things seriously, why not
    take a good, hard look at their surroundings and the circumstances of the communities they live in that would make them
    place so much importance on certain things, and subsequently drive them to suicide. It's a sad, sad thing.

(I know that last bit sounded kind of Spike Lee-ish.... could have something to do with the fact that I've been doing a lot
    of research on him lately for class )

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    finally, some one other than Aleister Sithis agrees with me!

its simply darwinism at work. that and if the person has made up their mind, let them do it. sure, death is hard, but we all move past it.
    Hey I'm just wondering do you like to say that people are weaker than yourself? Because there is some people who do have it hard out there... They are not weak to want to end it quickly and not persay die of hunger that could take a week or so. That is not a weak thing to do.

BUt it is also not always the stong that are the ones taht always never do this the "weak" and the "stong" people both do suicide so do not bring any type of remindering of rase-ism or any for of "darwinism" to this! That idea was ment for the explanation of evolution (sry religen people) that was taken into the wrong deretion by bad people so do not even mention it in this chat about this topic!!!
    Last edited by basilisk888; Apr 04, 2008 at 04:43 AM.
    death and life are one and the same

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

mm i dont think its right. and i know there are worse things in life that can happen but i dont think that its right for someone to take their life cause things are tough. i think that they should try and make things better.
    and i know i dont know what they go through but i dont think that killing yourself is the right way to end it all.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    Hey I'm just wondering do you like to say that people are weaker than yourself? Because there is some people who do have it hard out there... They are not weak to want to end it quickly and not persay die of hunger that could take a week or so. That is not a weak thing to do.

BUt it is also not always the stong that are the ones taht always never do this the "weak" and the "stong" people both do suicide so do not bring any type of remindering of rase-ism or any for of "darwinism" to this! That idea was ment for the explanation of evolution (sry religen people) that was taken into the wrong deretion by bad people so do not even mention it in this chat about this topic!!!
    A. learn proper english
    B. racism has nothing to do with weakness or strength
    C.and who said physical strength? or what society they live in?

for suicide i mean MENTAL weakness. people who convince themselves that suicide is the best answer, who constantly say there's no point, who despite having a lot of support refuse to have anything to do with it.

and i;m not saying that i dont disagree with it either. sometimes people who dont deserve to die commit suicide and yes, it is quite a tragedy. some people simply let go when they have so much potential, and it is hard. i;m not a cold hearted evil doer, as you seem to think i am.

society, social status, or wealth has nothing to do with suicide. it may be a factor, but as a whole, those three aspects can;t be the main reason. with all due respect, please learn to open your mind when dealing with a debate topic.

plus, darwinism can apply to humans, human society, and practically anything else as well. ever hear dof "social darwinism"? it states the rich prosper while the poor remain porr. i dont agree with this per say, but darwinism is a belief that can be encompassed by anything.
    Why hello there!

Newbie Haileyjo13 is off to a good start Haileyjo13's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is one of the most selfish things you can ever do.
    To anyone around you, your family, school mates. Anyone.
    Even if you think no one cares, it affects people. Alot.
    I am in the 9th grade currently, but I learned at a young age what that is all about. When I was in 7th grade, one of my friends went through with it.
    To this day, her friends and I are not the same as we were.

People may thing its something to make the world better, and it doesn't help.
    There is ALWAYS another way.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    I completely agree and just love the points you made. But since this is a discussion, I'm just going to ask, what if someone isn't suffering, what if they're just obsessed with death, thinking that it'd be a fun experiance? Also what if they come to the point life ends all the same, why not just end the game sooner and move on to whatever is next? What if they're just bored of life and just think "Ehh, time to move on"? It may sound grotesque but some people think that, ehh I do at least. Anywho for people who had good lives and no one knows the reason for their suicide, maybe that is it (by a slim chance).
    Ah, I used to think like you. But that was before I got obsessed with a certain kind of swag. ;p Fannish obsession with games saved my life, haha.

If someone's obsession with death goes that way, they really need to go see a psychiatrist and a therapist. See what kind of psychological trauma caused their obsession and if they can relieve it... I'm guessing a bad childhood. If you grew up without anyone to lean on, there's a chance you may personify death as this person who'll hold you and help you fall asleep, especially when times get rough. Well, that's how my affinity for death is. Maybe everyone else, it's different. Concerning the deceased... You have to understand they have to be very warped and sick in the head, and sometimes you can't blame them for that. Maybe they were born like that, maybe events in their life twisted them, who knows.

For those who think "time to move on" and yet are too lazy to do the deed... Give 'em video games! They'll be in too deep of a love with a game (character? That happens to some people) to really think about death too much... Concerning the deceased... I actually would consider them as people who've suffered. I personally see a lack of interest in life and living as a form of depression. Alright, they're not crying, but you can see where I'm coming from, right? Lack of motivation in your life means either there's something very wrong in your life or something very wrong with you. Yes, you can snap out of it yourself, but it really really helps with some intervention. Snaps you out of that way of thinking faster. Or at least gets you focused on something.

If one has no motivation in living... to the point where all one can really focus on is... the void, not the possibilities, then one needs support. I'm not sure many people like that can pull themselves out of something like that by themselves.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast