+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Superstitions

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Superstitions

Here's another graveyard superstition.....If you are walking in a graveyard and you get a chill up your spine you just walked over an unmarked grave.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Otaku xxoxx is off to a good start xxoxx's Avatar
    Thanks

This a bout the Owls ..

Owls have carried a mixed bag of superstitions since time immemorial. Affiliated with the goddess of wisdom and learning, the owl was considered wise and kind.
    But somewhere in time, the owl's reputation plummeted and hearing the hoot of an owl is now associated with bad luck. To counter evil owl power put irons in your fire. Or throw salt, hot peppers or vinegar into the fire, the owl will get a sore tongue, hoot no more, and no one close to you will be in trouble. When you hear an owl, take off your clothes, turn them inside out and put them back on. You might not want to do this if you are in public.

this part I Believe it but the other part I donot know a bout Just I reada bout it..

But there is one superstition that's good - good for us women that is. Any man who eats roasted owl will be obedient and a slave to his wife.

Foolish beating

Thanks

In some Native American nations the owl is a sign of wisdom, but for most N.A. nations spotting an owl or hearing it outside you house meen that death will come to claim someone you know.

Anything is Pawsable

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

But there is one superstition that's good - good for us women that is. Any man who eats roasted owl will be obedient and a slave to his wife
    We have a bit of a superstition like that.. but this is something like.. a mojo... you know.. black magic? Certain people have tried doing this.. and it worked... you can make any man fall to you easily just by using this.. but i don't think i should tell.. the side effect is bad for the guy... ~.~ too dangerous... eek...

Ehh.. im easily to be slave for any girl i love.. don't need the roasted owl..

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the first thing that comes to my mind is the muslim rule not to even hold hands with a girl if it's not your wife... I mean come on!! How do you expect a guy to not be shy from a girl so that he could find a wife in the first place?! And I slo wouldn't be surprised if most muslim guys are horny monsters, I mean if they aren't used to girls evne touching their hands, then they might just get aroused even from a single smile... sheesh... I don't think this rule is really needed anymore, it doesn't quite work in a community, where parents are not the ones choosing wifes...

Well in Latvia, I was tought to hit against a tree bark three times if I think about something bad... It must be superstition, since I can't immagin why in the hell that should help... Also there is a believe that in Christmas you must pull an oak tree trunk through the village, it would collect all thew bad energy from every house, and then you must burn it to get rid of that negative energy and bad luck. Clearly it couldn't be more than supersitition, but it's very interesting tho, and it's nice to hear people do that someplaces still ^^ It's just a part of culture.
    I believe that latvians have a lot of superstitions like that, since we were still pagans in our hearts for a long, long time...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lasura For This Useful Post:

RayMe (Jun 15, 2008)

Thanks

Well, Then for Native Americans you would have to consider the Dream-catcher. Each person should keep one. they are a willow ranch or grape vine(or other type of circle) wrapped into a circle with a woven web in the center, decorated with feathers, shell, beads, or what ever else the person wants to add. It is then hung in the home. The belief is that bad spirit that come into the home to do harm(nightmares, bad luck, etc.) are greedy and try to grab the "treasure" and get stuck in the web. Good Spirits are not greedy therefor they pass through the holes to deliver good dreams and blessings.

Who can name another cultural superstition.

Anything is Pawsable

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghattenpaw For This Useful Post:

RayMe (Jun 15, 2008)

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Dream Catcher.. now that is an interesting one ^^ It looks creepy to me but beautiful at the same time.. because they put all those shiny stuffs around it and the wood makes it look creepy.. and the belief is pretty.. interesting.. enjoyed it thank you for sharing ^^

Lasura's was so far the best I like the one where they use christmas trees to dispel negative energy... Pagan beliefs have around long ago even before the arrival of Christian... and i belief that there are more cool beliefs in Pagan I wonder if there are any other cooler ones... Thank you for sharing! ^^

Well i'll share one too i guess... ^^

Everytime when us Malay gone back from the jungle or anywhere we think is.. "dirty" or not good... we would wash our feet before we sleep... this would avoid "things" from following us...since we have their soil on our feet... we should erase it.. so they won't come at night and bring us nightmares or cause mischiefs...

I think this is a proven one.. because my little brother often have nightmares... he always go around and play then went home without cleaning his foot... i asked him where he played at everytime he gets a nightmare.. he said.. he went to the forest or passed the cemetery and certain places... ^^ that means he gets visitors from those places... cool na?

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks
    death and life are one and the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast