+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Swine Flu

Swine Flu is no deadlier then any other Flu, its just a mutated strain that has the strains of pig, avian, and human type of viruses. People are only freaking out because there is no vaccine made for it and it takes six months for a vaccine to be made. Also, don't let the name of it fool you, you do not get it by eating pork products, its an airborn virus. So hot dogs, pork chops, and the beloved ham sandwiches are safe.
    True that the virus can now be found in every country around the world with at least one person exposed or so. Now one may ask, why is it killing so many people in Mexico? Well thats because in Mexico, their heath and farmicudical system sucks ass, also, their cities are far more densly populated which means contracting it is far easier.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

Dark. (Apr 28, 2009)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Swine Flu is no deadlier then any other Flu, its just a mutated strain that has the strains of pig, avian, and human type of viruses. People are only freaking out because there is no vaccine made for it and it takes six months for a vaccine to be made. ...
    This isn't exactly true... The last swine flu epidemic was the great Spanish Influenza pandemic of 1918, which ended up killing more people then all the combat fatalities of Word War One. And what made that pandemic nasty was that the majority of deaths were among young healthy adults, the exact population that is normally most resistant to more conventional flu viruses. And its exactly the same pattern that is starting to emerge among the victims in Mexico City. Another worrisome factor, is that warm outdoors weather has already started in Mexico, which normally signals THE END OF THE FLUE SEASON. The fact that this new H1N1 flue virus is just spreading under these conditions a factor of concern.

Analysis of the isolated virus from sick patients in the US, compared to virus samples from Mexico City shows significant difference, indicating that the swine flu virus is still mutating and adapting to the human population. And since the Spanish Influenza pandemic started out in a more mild form before mutating into the deadly pandemic, there is the possibility that the pattern may be repeating...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Forcefly (Apr 29, 2009), Peach_follows (Apr 28, 2009)

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

my dad has the supposed swine flu so he has to stay home and is on quarentine and any one at my school that is even thought to have it gets sent home right a way it sounds really bad. all i know is i really dont want it.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

my dad has the supposed swine flu so he has to stay home and is on quarentine and any one at my school that is even thought to have it gets sent home right a way it sounds really bad. all i know is i really dont want it.
    No. I bet you REALLY don't want it. Having someone in your family who has it, must be a somewhat scary ordeal. I'd imagine it is somewhat surreal in a way. Quite threatening indeed.

Well I hope everything goes well with you and your family. Best of luck.

@Len,
    Wow that is certianly some enlightening information. Its something to really think about. I guess stuff like this, is a good reminder of why none of us should take life for granted.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

OH Great , Well I hope it don't come to arizona, I know why they don't disinfect the air out side, they have to kill the dan thing before it gets too out hand, right it's at level 4 alert. Maybe we should stick with might be safer, well mexico seems to sanataze the pigs and pork, everyone prey to God for this mess to burn out soon.:2thumbs I guess I better buy some 20 gallons O.J :

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This isn't exactly true... The last swine flu epidemic was the great Spanish Influenza pandemic of 1918, which ended up killing more people then all the combat fatalities of Word War One. And what made that pandemic nasty was that the majority of deaths were among young healthy adults, the exact population that is normally most resistant to more conventional flu viruses. And its exactly the same pattern that is starting to emerge among the victims in Mexico City. Another worrisome factor, is that warm outdoors weather has already started in Mexico, which normally signals THE END OF THE FLUE SEASON. The fact that this new H1N1 flue virus is just spreading under these conditions a factor of concern.

Analysis of the isolated virus from sick patients in the US, compared to virus samples from Mexico City shows significant difference, indicating that the swine flu virus is still mutating and adapting to the human population. And since the Spanish Influenza pandemic started out in a more mild form before mutating into the deadly pandemic, there is the possibility that the pattern may be repeating...
    Oh by no means did I mean to take the situation lightly, I am fully aware of how deadly the Spanish Influenza was and know for a fact there will be many more deaths before this is all through, and yes I am aware of the adaptive ability of viruses and all that. Which is why I said in my first post that I will not be scared untill it gets worse and or I have it. Other wise, its just a regular flu which we have no vaccen for how ever there are two types of medication that do in fact allow people to get over the Swine Flu much faster.
    Last edited by Scourge; Apr 29, 2009 at 06:06 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

GEZZZZZUS! Don't say that don't ever say that!
    You do not want what 's going around man! stay away from that ..

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

You have to put what Len said into perspective though, people. In 1918 they didn't have flu vaccinations at all, period. Back then, all types of flu were deadly, and the reason the Spanish flu was particularly deadly was not because it was any stronger than other flu necessarily, but rather because of all the troop movement and travel between countries happening during WWI. It will take the virus awhile to mutate, and by then we'll probably already have an effective vaccination for this particular strand, so chances of this flu causing a global pandemic is quite low in my opinion. This happened in '76 too, and you don't even hear about that one anymore. Don't blindly listen to the media and just practice good hygiene and use common sense.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Apr 28, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast