+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Swine Flu

Well I just heard here in arizona the 1 case report so far,GOOD GRIEF man who ever started this mess needs to be shot.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Gee... Hasn't anyone been reading the posted online FAQ on the subject at hand...
    Yes, or at least I have, and this is why I have taken this stance on this issue.

Quote from msnbc.

"It's about the potential. It's not about what's happening right now. None of the 40 cases so far in the United States have been very serious. But the virus here is genetically identical to the strain of the virus that is killing people in Mexico.

This is a new virus so there's no natural immunity. It has the potential to spread very widely. That's what raises worries about a possible pandemic."

Its not about now but the worry of what it could become. This is what the news networks and scientist have all been saying and the reason for what I have been saying which is the fact its only a priority because there is no vaccine to provent it from mutating. As I said, at the moment, its not THE BIG ONE but a little one that can become a problem and a big issue. I will restate my stance that I am concerned, how ever, there is no reason to get people in a panic untill if or when it becomes fully virolent and deadly, which it is not now.

How to provent from getting the Swine Flu? Just proper commensense highgean. Oh and those little white and blue masks, yeah, they don't work, most viruses are so small they can get through it.

Fun fact: Viruses are normaly five times smaller then germs, making them the smallest living orginisom. Also, there is no real cure to kill ANY viruses. The only way to "kill" them is to build an immunity that provents them from being able to infect cells in which case the virus runs its cores untill it dies at the end of its life span.
    Last edited by Scourge; Apr 29, 2009 at 11:49 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Breaking news...
    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The World Health Organization raised the influenza epidemic level from 4 to 5 on Wednesday, signalling that a pandemic is imminent, and urged countries to implement their pandemic plans.

The annoucement came as the number of people infected with swine flu increased rapidly across the world Wednesday, and health officials scrambled to get more information about the virus -- which has no vaccine.

"It's a virus that we've never seen before," said Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

"There's no background immunity in the population, and it is spreading from human to human, all of which has the potential for a pandemic."
    WHO elevates pandemic threat level - CNN.com

so that's 5 on a scale of 1 to 6... Can only go one point higher now...

WHO ALERT LEVELS
    1. In Phase 1 no viruses among animals reported to have caused infections in humans.
    2. In Phase 2 animal flu virus is known to have caused infection in humans and is potential pandemic threat.
    3. In Phase 3, animal or human-animal flu virus has caused small number of cases in people, but not sufficient for community-level outbreaks.
    4. Phase 4 is characterized by verified human-to-human transmission of animal or human-animal flu virus, indicating greater but not inevitable risk of pandemic.
    5. Phase 5 means human-to-human spread of virus is confirmed in two countries in one WHO region and pandemic is feared imminent.
    6. Phase 6 characterized by community-level outbreaks in at least one other country in second WHO region. This phase indicates global pandemic is under way.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Apr 29, 2009 at 01:39 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

WHAT A MESS OF THINGS ! I REPEAT WHAT A MESS OF THINGS!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    WHAT A MESS OF THINGS ! I REPEAT WHAT A MESS OF THINGS!
    Will you please calm down. Its not the end of the flipping world. Should you be concerned? yes. Should you be panicing? no. The virus is actualy preventable. do the basic commen sense highgean, wash hands after doing your buisness or caughing and sneezing into your hands, shower daily, you know the story. There are also medicens, Termaflu or Tamaflu or what ever is called and Rio... something or other that will help you get through the swine flu if you do contract the virus as long as you catch it early. Then you do what you normaly would do when ye get the flu bug, get lots of rest and drink plenty of water. Your going to be miserable and its going to suck but your not going to die from it as long as you take care of your self.

Thanks

Maybe your right , it wound't hurt to over dose on orange juice.
    it could be worse if they aounce that a ICBM with 67 megaton nuclear warheads is headed toward us or the return of the black paulge.
    I always think that viruses came from poor garbage pick up.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Would a rose by any other name, smell as sweet???
    "This really isn't swine flu. It's H1N1 virus," Vilsack said. "We want to say to consumers here and abroad that there is no risk to you, there is no scientific evidence whatsoever that there is any link between consuming pork, prepared pork products, and the H1N1 virus."
    Obama Administration: Out With the 'Swine,' In With the 'H1N1 Virus' - Political Punch
    WHO to stop using term ‘swine flu’ - Swine flu- msnbc.com
    Farmers Worry About "Swine Flu" Nickname - CBS News
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Apr 30, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Apr 30, 2009)

Thanks

Thanks Len, thats basicly what I have been saying for the most part of this.

Also, we just had new report from Mexico about the flu out break there, guess what, you know how they made the body count of the virus like 108 or something like that... Well, they finely got their facts together, the actual total death count in Mexico caused by the virus is only 8... They were only a 100 or so off... Which reinforces that people need to calm the hell down.

I listened to it on the radio while I was comming in to work at 5:00am. Unless I was lethargic enough to mistake what they said. Doubtful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast